PDA

View Full Version : Question on cancelled shows

Lugnuts
08-19-2012, 09:16 PM
I was wondering, never having really given it any thought until now, as to why, when the saturday shows are cancelled, they aren't run on sundays. Being the sunday shows start earlier in the day it would seem as if there would be plenty of time to run the weekly series also. Just curious.

A shame that lasts nights events were cancelled, as i checked the RVH web site and the JAM early and there were no cancellations listed. When the weather got nice I never gave it a second thought and drove from nassau to the track and found the plug had been pulled. Saw many others who thought the same as me and were surprised that everything was locked up. Even saw some turn one cowboys tailgating in the lot. Was a nice night and probably would have provided some good racing. A shame that last weeks show was run under threatening skies and last night the sky cleared nicely.

What happens now as the season runs out? Do they reshuffle the events and do another so called twin 30 for the mods?

limodmaniac
08-20-2012, 07:15 AM
I would never want to be an owner of a racetrack and make these decisions. But....

1. Why did they cancel when the forecast was for total clearing?

2. If they did it because they thought there wouldn't have been much of a crowd, then maybe people should sit down and figure out what to do to fix that problem.

3. Sort of a bad business decision in my mind. Now, any night that the weather isn't perfect, someone who lives an hour away may say forget about it, and not even bother to come out, afraid the same thing may happen again.

4. I agree, that it was all too quiet around here, with little talk about the cancellation. I almost drove there myself to see if the cancellation comments on FB were only a joke.

PIT BULL
08-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Drove there Saturday to practice my new Grand car only to drive another hour back home. Sundays practice revealed nemerous problems which could have been solved for Sundays race. Oh well atleast I got 16 laps in on the race before the steering failed. It is what it is. Im sure they had there reasons.

Ka$h25
08-22-2012, 10:19 PM
I would never want to be an owner of a racetrack and make these decisions. But....

1. Why did they cancel when the forecast was for total clearing?

2. If they did it because they thought there wouldn't have been much of a crowd, then maybe people should sit down and figure out what to do to fix that problem.

3. Sort of a bad business decision in my mind. Now, any night that the weather isn't perfect, someone who lives an hour away may say forget about it, and not even bother to come out, afraid the same thing may happen again.

4. I agree, that it was all too quiet around here, with little talk about the cancellation. I almost drove there myself to see if the cancellation comments on FB were only a joke.

We all like to put ourselves in those shoes, which are pretty uncomfortable shoes. My thoughts on it are that most people we talk to and hear from are in a racers situation. Meaning they get to the track as early as 11am and maybe 2pm the latest. The spectators don't get there until 5-6pm. So generally speaking, to make a call at the most convenient time for a spectator means making the call at the least convenient time for the racer. I think we can all agree we have to look out for the best interest of the spectator. You'll notice that if a call isn't made before 4 o'clock or so is when they draw things out and try their best to get a show in.