PDA

View Full Version : What teams are coming to thompson

mod35
08-24-2012, 08:59 AM
How many do you think will make the trip?

fastbackss
08-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Good question, or more precisely, "who will come out of the woodwork to run as a Southern car?"

Last year's event had 22 drivers, but almost 10 of those were yankees who moonlighted as a southern tour driver for the day.

11 drivers have run all 7 races so far, and 7 more have run 6. Looking at that list of names and comparing it to who came last year, plus the new names who are still in the points race I would think that at least 15 make the trip up this year. Coupled with some of the northern drivers who have least run a few races (Kuiken, Bertuccio), I think there might be a healthy field before a few of the randoms show.

Brian Hawks
08-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Good question, or more precisely, "who will come out of the woodwork to run as a Southern car?"

Last year's event had 22 drivers, but almost 10 of those were yankees who moonlighted as a southern tour driver for the day.

11 drivers have run all 7 races so far, and 7 more have run 6. Looking at that list of names and comparing it to who came last year, plus the new names who are still in the points race I would think that at least 15 make the trip up this year. Coupled with some of the northern drivers who have least run a few races (Kuiken, Bertuccio), I think there might be a healthy field before a few of the randoms show.

Kuiken has sold all his asphalt modified equipment.

Jill
08-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Kuiken has sold all his asphalt modified equipment.

Kuiken would race if he could get a ride, the family-owned team just could not afford to continue.

RGeeProductions
08-25-2012, 12:14 AM
That's really sad to hear Jill...

DaFingz
08-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Renee Dupuis indicated on speedway line report radio last Monday that she would be entered inthe Southern race.

Howie
09-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Here is the entry list for the Southern race on NASCAR.com http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/8272