PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Questions

Robbyracer
08-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey Everyone,

I found my love for racing watching Modifieds in Danbury in the 70s. Went on to karting in my teens then road racing for the past 20 years or so.

I recently bought a 2007 Troyer with plans to prep it over the winter for the 2013 season. I've been trying to figure out which class to compete. Can someone help me figure out the different options? I've been reviewing various possibilities and it seems like each track has its own rules. What are the difference from track to track? I see the same names at various tracks and can only assume they are using the same car.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

worm
08-30-2012, 08:20 PM
good luck !

Jaws
08-30-2012, 09:58 PM
My guess is you are based in Ct, which gives you 3 choices, SK SK light or a touring series. I guess it would all depend on money, availability of a crew, ability to travel and what equipment came with the car. As worm said good luck.

Magicshoes12
08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
SK Light/Sportsman/Pepsi Modified, you have Thompson, Stafford, Waterford, Monadnock, Twin State, not sure how different the rules are but I think it might be more affordable as an SK Light/Sportsman/Pepsi Modified...but then again I've never owned or driven one myself...but best of luck to you!

Groundpounder
08-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Build a real mod to race at Star Speedway. You won't learn any of the bad habits from the sks that way. It's only a 1/4 mile so you don't need a ton of horsepower to compete, especially with the hard tires they run. You can probably get a good MRS/Star-legal iron head or 23 deg. engine for as much or less than what the top sk teams are spending on their engines. And if you want, you can run with the MRS when they come to Waterford, Thompson, and Stafford.