PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead Schedule and Who’s Going?

Axel
09-10-2012, 04:25 PM
I looked on Riverheads site and didn’t see a schedule yet. I think one was posted months ago for the July date but couldn’t find it.

Besides that, who’s going? If we get there in time (LIE is always a crap shoot, may take 2.5 hrs or 4.5 hrs to get there), were gonna do some tailgating. We will have pork roll and PBR’s!

NWMT PR
09-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I looked on Riverheads site and didn’t see a schedule yet. I think one was posted months ago for the July date but couldn’t find it.

Besides that, who’s going? If we get there in time (LIE is always a crap shoot, may take 2.5 hrs or 4.5 hrs to get there), were gonna do some tailgating. We will have pork roll and PBR’s!

Answers to these, and many other questions, can always be found at www.nascarhometracks.com. http://hometracks.nascar.com/nwmt_notes_091012_Justin-Bonsignore_Brings_Momentum_Back_To_Home_Track

Axel
09-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Perfect, thanks!

limodmaniac
09-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Scratch 39 and 50 off of the roster. Down to 26 cars and no heat race!

There are other rumors of cars not showing up.

Very depressing after all this work.

worm
09-10-2012, 05:41 PM
just wait tell next year with SFI seat and quick change rears .be lucky to get 20

Rob29
09-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Scratch 39 and 50 off of the roster. Down to 26 cars and no heat race!

There are other rumors of cars not showing up.

Very depressing after all this work.

New poster here. I'll be at the race on Saturday night as well. Was planning on it in July, but as we know circumstances changed that.

So wait, the 25 lap heat race is gone? So will they run an actual 200 lap race or is it still 175?

By the way, I've been reading the boards for a while but just finally decided to make an account. You've done fantastic work and if i wasn't a student and had more money I would have helped out in some way.

limodmaniac
09-10-2012, 06:51 PM
The heat race has not been officially removed. But if everything I'm hearing and seeing is true, there will not be more than 28 cars.

As they did at Monadnock, and I assume the same to be true at Riverhead, if there aren't more then 28 cars, the heat race doesnt' happen.

For me, Riverhead has always been the place where too many cars show up, and cars go home.Not a great thing for the teams, but the nail biting excitement of trying to qualify is gone.

Hope we can pack the place and have an exciting evening. But, sad to say , for me, something is now missing.

fastbackss
09-10-2012, 07:14 PM
just wait tell next year with SFI seat and quick change rears .be lucky to get 20

I am glad to see that you did not miss another chance to point this out.
-Mike

ModTourMan
09-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Disappointing about the dwindling entry list. No matter, I will still enjoy the show. These are tough times so I can't blame the teams I guess. We are all in SURVIVAL MODE in this economy...teams and fans alike! My oldest just started college last weekend and I really should be banking as much cash as I can right now but dammit, I have been waiting for this one for so long now! You gotta spend a little bit on fun once in a while right? See you all at Riverhead!

Axel, I'm looking forward to the road trip...maybe the LIE won't be so bad now that it's Sept????

csg
09-10-2012, 09:47 PM
The heat race has not been officially removed. But if everything I'm hearing and seeing is true, there will not be more than 28 cars.

As they did at Monadnock, and I assume the same to be true at Riverhead, if there aren't more then 28 cars, the heat race doesnt' happen.

For me, Riverhead has always been the place where too many cars show up, and cars go home.Not a great thing for the teams, but the nail biting excitement of trying to qualify is gone.

Hope we can pack the place and have an exciting evening. But, sad to say , for me, something is now missing.

Well I wouldnt let it get you down. You have done more for modified racing then most.

How many cars do they get for their weekly racing at Riverhead? I thought they were getting good car counts there. No one wants to defend their home turf against the outsiders. Honestly, that is what makes the WOO sprint shows at Williams Grove so enticing. You have the local fans rooting for the home town boys against the outsiders. A shame we dont really have that with the modifieds. Actually, with the exception of Riverhead, the tour doesnt run at any tracks which run tour types.

Axel
09-11-2012, 09:08 AM
This was a tough call with the Tour being up against the Street Dogs playing the Highline Ballroom the same night for only $15. Too bad I cant make both, but the modifieds win out on this one.

limodmaniac
09-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Thank you for supporting this race and coming! This will probably be my last year involved with this race. I am proud of what we've done the past 4 years. This year, I was lucky to get many people to come on board and help out. Over 10,000 was raised from fans of the modifieds, whether it be $300 donations, or 20 dollar 50/50 raffles or lap sponsors.

Please show your support for what we've attempted to do these past few years and help to pack the place.

csg
09-11-2012, 06:18 PM
This was a tough call with the Tour being up against the Street Dogs playing the Highline Ballroom the same night for only $15. Too bad I cant make both, but the modifieds win out on this one.

Axel, If you come up to the world series, I will block off my street and let my dog play in the street all day. For this 'entertainment' I will only charge you a pork roll sandwich and a beer ahum 2 beers to wash it down. Of course that other entertainment at thompson will cost you a little bit more. Go to the modified race, you dont know how many more we will have.

Teds Race Tours
09-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Thank you for supporting this race and coming! This will probably be my last year involved with this race. I am proud of what we've done the past 4 years. This year, I was lucky to get many people to come on board and help out. Over 10,000 was raised from fans of the modifieds, whether it be $300 donations, or 20 dollar 50/50 raffles or lap sponsors.

Please show your support for what we've attempted to do these past few years and help to pack the place.

Yes, Jim, Thank you for your tireless work, and seemingly bottomless pockets. Very Depressing that all this $$$$ was raised to make this a special show, and only 26 cars may show for a race that will likely pay over $8000 to win. If None was raised, I guess 24 would have raced, so maybe the money makes no difference. Guessing the locals will miss you when the HoF 100 pays about $1500 to win next year.

Axel
09-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Axel, If you come up to the world series, I will block off my street and let my dog play in the street all day. For this 'entertainment' I will only charge you a pork roll sandwich and a beer ahum 2 beers to wash it down. Of course that other entertainment at thompson will cost you a little bit more. Go to the modified race, you dont know how many more we will have.

I am actually triple booked Saturday since I have season tickets to NY Red Bulls who play Columbus that night too. I will be at the Fall Final or World Series this year so we'll catch up. It's been a long time since I've seen you at the races.

JWfor8x
09-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Well I wouldnt let it get you down. You have done more for modified racing then most.

How many cars do they get for their weekly racing at Riverhead? I thought they were getting good car counts there. No one wants to defend their home turf against the outsiders. Honestly, that is what makes the WOO sprint shows at Williams Grove so enticing. You have the local fans rooting for the home town boys against the outsiders. A shame we dont really have that with the modifieds. Actually, with the exception of Riverhead, the tour doesnt run at any tracks which run tour types.

They usually have in the low 20's I think, Last week it was 17 or 18. I'm not sure if it's true that they don't want to defend their home turf against the outsiders, it's just very expensive for them to try. It used to be that maybe 10 to 12 locals tried to qualify for the tour races. They actually had a couple of provisionals available for the top 10 in Riverhead points. Understandably, that didn't sit well with the tour teams, espescially the ones who spent the money to go there and had to go home without racing. Now, it is much more difficult for Riverhead teams to run the tour race, but the ones who support the tour have a much better chance to the show.

Rob29
09-12-2012, 02:08 PM
According to the updated entry list, Mike Stefanik's team has withdrawn. They apparently made the decision official this morning.

NWMT PR
09-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Updated list ... http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/8049. Pallai and Stefanik removed, Bush and Vigliarolo added.

limodmaniac
09-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Kevin Goodale is still on list. I have been told he is not coming.

Is Wade Cole's backup car 38 coming to Riverhead? I was told that this was not definite either. Could someone on here find out?

limodmaniac
09-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Is 88 Chew racing? Was told this too was not a definite.

worm
09-12-2012, 08:04 PM
the way points are given now, u do not have to make every race to be in the top 15 at end of year. look at 93 car

fastbackss
09-12-2012, 11:04 PM
the way points are given now, u do not have to make every race to be in the top 15 at end of year. look at 93 car

Is this really a points system issue, or a quantity of cars running the whole tour issue?

There have been 19 teams participate in every event. The 93 team is averaging 34.25 points per race that it participates in. Prorating it for an additional race based on the aforementioned average would put him in 7th place in the standings.

If you took away one race average points from 7th in pretty much any racing touring series the driver would still be in the top 15. WSMT - check. ROC - check NASCAR sprint cup - check Formula 1 - check

NWMT PR
09-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Updated entry list and schedule changes for tonight ... http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/8051

MJProcko
09-15-2012, 04:05 PM
on the good news side atleast the Riverhead 200 is now actually 200 laps......