PDA

View Full Version : eckert raced bd after rain out?

tbirdracer
09-11-2012, 02:24 PM
I was looking at highlights from bd on the 2nd and in the roadrunner race i thought i heard Chuck Eckert. Is this true Chuck? You were leading for a while. I read you finished 7th. Way to go for just jumping in a car you did not race before.

rk1714
09-11-2012, 05:09 PM
He did run the Donatti 61 , led until lap 7 when the 4K, Kyle Killian passed him . Kyle, in his rookie year in the roadrunners, went on to win the Coalcracker 25. His 1st win. I`m sure he will have more in the future.

Easy E
09-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Yes, I did try my hand in something I wasn't use to, that's for sure. It was a good race, just not use to the car I was in and well... it showed! Congrats to Kyle, good job! Look forward to running with you on a weekly basis next year, Fabrication of my own kind has begun! Hope this fuels you guys in the off season, ha ha ha !

Philter39
09-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Have fun racing for what $200 against $10,000 roadrunners. phil

greenflag
09-12-2012, 06:41 AM
I was watching the racing show on newswatch 16 last week and heard Chuck Eckert and I was looking for that green #3 car. Saw you were driving Christian's car. A lot of drivers who cut their teeth in enduro racing mentioned in this thread, Christian Donati, Kyle Killian.

Easy E
09-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Phil why so negative, didn't you always say ( just to be out there racing is worth it and it's not about the money, it's a hobby ) C'mon Man!! I don't feel the love!

Philter39
09-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Not negative . Just what the Roadrunners turned into. They were once a low cost entry level division. Not low cost any more. You are right racing is not about the money. It is about racing. That is why I am still enduro racing after 27 years. It is cost effective and it is not as much about the money especially in the 4 cylinder cars. Races should come down to driver skill,car setup( within the rules) car preperation,and luck. Not who has the most money in there cars ( like todays 358 modifieds). Back when your Dad raced it was less about money spent and more on inginuity, skill, set up and prep. I still say you can have just as much fun racing a car with $500 as you can a car with $10,000 in it.
You have seen my cars. I save as much of my money for other things in life and still do well and have a GREAT time racing. Are you racing at Black Rock ? That IS about the money. phil

Easy E
09-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Black Rock.....? Have a Eagle Talon needs timing belt, other wise great shape. Funds are alittle low. Maybe. We shall see.