PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead thoughts

limodmaniac
09-16-2012, 07:37 PM
1. Great race , Great crowd!

2. Ryan Preece - When you add it all up, Ryan took home over $11,000. Two years in a row that the winner took over $10,000.

3. 11 drivers gambled the $300.

4. Ryan Preece easily won the Tri Track Championship - Monadnock, Star and Riverhead worth $1500

5. Jimmy Blewett won the Mike Ewanitsko Hard Charger Award for $500 - Yes, TC was given lots of consideration, but in the end, Jimmy got our votes. Thanks to Mike Ewanitsko for once again helping us in the decision process.

6. Eric Goodale - Way to go! Loved the pass on Preece. Thought Dad was right on the gamble.

7. Approx $11,000 was raised thru fan sponsorship - whether it was car sponsorships, lap money, 50/50 money.

8. In all, approx $20,000 in extra was handed out to drivers for this race.

9. We really didn't need the 32 cars we wanted to enter the show. Better racing, less cautions, and no one going home unhappy.

10. Thanks to all teams that came, and all modified fans/ friends who helped make it all happen.

RBH
09-16-2012, 09:59 PM
And a BIG Thank you to you for all you have done for the racers & the Tour

Lugnuts
09-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Jim,

I ditto what RBH said. A big Thank You to you. You spend a great deal of time raising extra money for the racers. I am a little disapointed that I believe I read somewhere that this would be it as you are not going to do what you have done anymore. I believe your efforts have drawn drivers to Riverhead. I hope you continue doing what you have done, however if you don't I for one understand. I just hope it does not have an affect on the car count. Again a job well done.

Axel
09-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Jim- we got there too late to connect, but thank you for everything you've done for this race. The racing was pretty clean and few cautions.

Glad to have donated to the modified cause.

JWfor8x
09-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Thank you, Jim.
I thought it was a fantastic night of racing. Because of you, I managed to thank the family who made me into a fan when I was a kid back in the 1950's. Without your efforts, I probably would never have done that. Thanks again.

ModTourMan
09-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Jim, thanks again to all you did (and have done in the past) to add rewards to the teams and extra excitement for us fans. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and was glad to get involved in my small way thanks to you! Sorry I didn't get to see you on Saturday to share my excitement and thanks in person.

modified_fan
09-19-2012, 06:50 AM
1. Thank you Jim for all that you've done for modified racing. It's leaders like you in this racing community that give the mods hope.

2. This was one excellent and entertaining race. I've read 5 pages of banter on another thread about restarts. Don't let that cloud your memory of the Riverhead race. This was great bull ring racing. Anyone who did not show missed some great fun.

3. The attendance was great for a night after Labor Day. I've attended almost every Riverhead race for a long time. I realize we had a great weather day, but I've seen less people many nights for the late July / early August tour nights. I realize that politics are involved (along with many other business factors), but wouldn't it be great to have a Riverhead tour race before school lets out in May or early June, or after school is in session post Labor Day?

4. Less cars, but more equal cars led to a great race.

Doug Corwin

Axel
09-19-2012, 09:01 AM
It was a really entertaining night of good ol' fashioned modified stock car racing.

Would love to see 2 tour dates at Riverhead. Wasnt that long ago. I think remember when there were three.

JWfor8x
09-19-2012, 11:49 AM
It was a really entertaining night of good ol' fashioned modified stock car racing.

Would love to see 2 tour dates at Riverhead. Wasnt that long ago. I think remember when there were three.

Hi Axel, yes, there were three and they were Wednesday night shows. I don't remember when they went to two though. Right now, I'm very thankful that Riverhead is still there, that they still feature the weekly modifieds and that they still have one tour date.