PDA

View Full Version : Unprecedented Test Drive Event at Riverhead Raceway

racing#s
09-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Check out Riverhead Raceways site ;
They're having a ;
Riverhead, Long Island – ARC Test Drive is proud to present an inaugural test-driving event at Riverhead Raceway that will take place on October 20th & 21st, 2012.
Just a thought ;
All participants should get info on the numerous Divisions that race at the Track...
ESPECIALLY, The Enduro divisions....SO many people think it costs a ton of money
to get involved in racing,when in reality,it can be fairly inexpensive, (when compared to
the modifieds...etc etc)
We must get the Enduro divisions beefed up in car counts...
It's a great chance to get the word out about the track and different divisions available.
Hand out a flyer with general information...

RGeeProductions
09-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Andy, how will this help car counts or promote enduros?
The event at Riverhead is to to show off and test drive NEW cars to help prospected buyers make an easier choice on what brand to buy by comparing ride, comfort, options, etc. in one place instead of traveling from dealer to dealer.
It has nothing to do with racing or race drivers whatsoever.

racing#s
09-21-2012, 03:14 PM
hey,lol,I kinda figured that,it's a longshot....but maybe if someone reads that they can take an old clunker,gut
it and put numbers on it and race it...we can pick up a few cars.
The car counts are getting really low,and we need to bring up the car counts anyway possible.
Someone thinking "hey,it would be cool to race here"...might actually be able to after seeing some literature.

WEEZER
09-22-2012, 08:53 AM
TOO many enduro divisions, should have kept it to 3 or something

Maladjusted
09-23-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't believe that promotion is our responsibility,it is the responsibility of the raceway to fill the seats.
I encourage all my friends and family to attend my events,I have a busy life,spend valuable time and money working on my car.so i don't have the means or wear with all to print flyers and hand them out at events especially to benefit someone else's bottom line. i will save my charity for those whom help themselves.
call me self centered,but if the track really cared about our division they would expend a little more effort into advertising it and not just in emails .
Sorry all if this seems callous but ive been hearing rumors for 15 years that there will be no races next season or the the track will be sold.If that happened i would be sorry but i would still be thankful for the the experience, and the opportunity to race alongside some great guys!

DJB74
09-26-2012, 04:00 PM
The tracks method of advertising Enduro racing is by running them on a Saturday night so more people can see them. But it hardly makes a difference. Over the years these things have become full blown race cars so you're not going to attract the average joe anymore. It was one thing when you could buy an old car from a junk yard and just run it around the track. But those days are gone.