PDA

View Full Version : Hey NASCAR, Can We Do Away With the Restart Rule for the Rest of This Season?

Acadia
09-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Seriously, for the last three races of the NWMT season, can we use the following re/start procedure?

That is, the cars bunch up in order and approach the Start/Finish line, and they go when the Flagman waves the green flag.

If the flagman doesn't like the start, the green doesn't fly and the field gets the yellow instead.

Brian Hawks
09-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Seriously, for the last three races of the NWMT season, can we use the following re/start procedure?

That is, the cars bunch up in order and approach the Start/Finish line, and they go when the Flagman waves the green flag.

If the flagman doesn't like the start, the green doesn't fly and the field gets the yellow instead.

Bingo! That's how it supposed to be. Not screw the guy on the outside that gets a better start than the leader. Bascially now if I was the leader I'd spin the tires, kick it sideways, let the guy pass me, and follow him. Get a win running second.

When the green flag drops, if both drivers go at the same time, if the man on the outside wins the battle, he wins the battle. If you feel like he jumps. Throw a yellow, give him a warning and try again. Same goes for the leader. If it happens again, then throw a black flag. The point of a "race" is to "race" Not to let a guy beat you to the start finish line and tip toe around the first lap to make sure NASCAR doesn't get upset.

I just went back through my private messages on this forum. Sad to see how passionate I was about modified racing, and how now it seems like a slow dying breed. I won't qoute names, but I remember a guy telling me in late 2004 at the Hawthorne Inn in Winston-Salem, NC that this wasn't going to be a good thing. Wow was that an understatement.

Acadia
09-23-2012, 12:07 PM
I was sitting just to the left, or just before, the line.

I watched the flagman during starts... the cars approach, he holds his left hand out as to be motioning to keep it it down, green flag held in right hand. The cars start and then the green flag flies. WTF??? The flagman has to have the yellow in his hand on restarts. The race is under yellow until the green flag flies.

Here is the way it works best, after years, decades, of watching this.

The cars approach, moving neat and orderly down the front stretch towards the line, the flagman is holding the furled yellow in his left hand, holding it out in front and visible to the approaching field. The furled green is held back in his right hand. If the field goes nuts, the yellow flies and they are brought around again. Cars that caused the wave off can be sent to the back. If the cars approach and are well behaved, they get the green flag. But racing does not start until the green flag flies.

But this present method of the cars going off on their own, and who can get to the line first, has to go.

I can't believe that the race was restarted with cars 3 wide!!!!!

worm
09-23-2012, 05:02 PM
NASCAR would never restart a race 3 cars wide,if so who got black flag or put to the back!

Acadia
09-23-2012, 05:13 PM
NASCAR would never restart a race 3 cars wide,if so who got black flag or put to the back!

Don't ever say never.

Nobody was black flagged, nobody was put to the back.