PDA

View Full Version : Spec motor at New Hampshire

TMAC
09-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Just figured I would ask 88 and 93 team.Spec motor. What you think.. Heard on top end side it was better than built motors, through turns lagged a lot... Any feed back would be appreciated..Thanks

RGeeProductions
09-27-2012, 10:27 PM
I hate to tell you that you won't get an answer from them here.
Many drivers and owners frequent our forums but they would rather not "get caught up in the bs"!

TMAC
09-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Ok so lets really open a can of worms.. Each time that motor gets run. The feed back from every team that has tried it goes to making it a better engine( really a Yates motor is no good.).. ..bs or not.. They get that motor running better.. That's! The stuff to grow this series.. North and south ... Said it many a times racin never been cheap( but the best thing in the world if your doing it or if you ever did it!!)... And who runs it, since it started in 1985... Wrote this for some positive feed back.... Negative no need.

Acadia
09-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Just figured I would ask 88 and 93 team.Spec motor. What you think.. Heard on top end side it was better than built motors, through turns lagged a lot... Any feed back would be appreciated..Thanks

Teams provide the bs. Look at the 6 and how it flip-flopped on the SPEC motor. Teams are going to advocate to get every advantage they think they can get. They aren't going to share anything real.

The 88 won't be able to help. It finished 3 laps off, probably not due to the motor.

The 6, well they were a huge advocate of the SPEC motor, but bailed on the SPEC motor and didn't run it this time, although it ran very well at Loudon in July. Why wouldn't they run it again since it ran so well???

The 93 did very well with it, right up there with the 6, 4, 7NY, et al. It was the first time out with the SPEC motor for the 93.

Tires provide much more noise to performance than can be isolated and attributed to an exclusive factor to assess well running cars with either a SPEC or built motor. Let me put that another way... two cars running well, one with a built motor and the other with a SPEC motor. If one runs just a little better than the other, it is not advisable to attribute that performance differential exclusively to the motors. Tires have a huge variation and the performance of a car can change dramatically, for better or worse, from only the change of tires.

And on that note, all SPEC motors should be sealed so that it can not be opened without NASCAR's knowledge so NASCAR can monitor the frequency and reasons why the SPEC motors are being serviced to build a record of the recurring costs of SPEC motor ownership and operation. And to make sure the SPEC motor is indeed legal.

NASCAR didn't learn much more about the parity between the SPEC and built motors this time at Loudon. They need consistent use to build a statistically significant performance database, and as long as teams that run it play games, or have it and don't run it, NASCAR has no choice but to protect the Tour and inventories of built motors.

RGeeProductions
09-27-2012, 11:27 PM
TMAC: What I tell you!!!! LOL

fastbackss
09-27-2012, 11:40 PM
The 6, well they were a huge advocate of the SPEC motor, but bailed on the SPEC motor and didn't run it this time, although it ran very well at Loudon in July. Why wouldn't they run it again since it ran so well???

As per my post in one of the 17 Loudon threads:

Originally Posted by fastbackss

"We have confirmed with NASCAR that the much-talked-about Yates Racing SPEC engine that drivers such as Ron Silk and Bryon Chew have competed with this season is NOT in Silk's car this weekend. After the first WMT race here at New Hampshire, NASCAR changed the restrictor plate measurement on the SPEC engine. Silk's team felt that it was a disadvantage and have gone back to a built engine for this race. Chew and Rowan Pennink have the SPEC engine in their cars here this weekend. "
and
"They kept slowing it down." - Ron Silk on why he's not running the SPEC motor.

Acadia
09-27-2012, 11:50 PM
fastbackss, I'm well aware of your recent posts. They needed repeating, thanks. The 93 showed that the SPEC motor wasn't slowed down to be at a disadvantage to the built motors. The 93 ran rather well with the SPEC at Loudon. If the 93 had the experience/history of the 6 at Loudon, it would have run even better.

TMAC
09-28-2012, 11:36 AM
TMAC: What I tell you!!!! LOL

Lol? You making fun of what I wrote?

RGeeProductions
09-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Lol? You making fun of what I wrote?

Nope. Reread my last PM and what I said would happen with your thread!

TnLRacing
09-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Does anybody in the field actually have the "Yates Spec" engine? The 6 teams engine is Spec parts assembled bu NuSkool Race engines.

The 93 team purchased the parts, and had it assembled by Hutter

Acadia
09-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Does anybody in the field actually have the "Yates Spec" engine? The 6 teams engine is Spec parts assembled bu NuSkool Race engines.

The 93 team purchased the parts, and had it assembled by Hutter

The way the rules are presently, Yates supplies the parts, parts that are SPEC parts, the parts can then be assembled by others. Or you can buy the assembled engine from Yates. Look through the rulebook, it's all in there.

TnLRacing
09-29-2012, 08:00 AM
The way the rules are presently, Yates supplies the parts, parts that are SPEC parts, the parts can then be assembled by others. Or you can buy the assembled engine from Yates. Look through the rulebook, it's all in there.

Im sorry let me rephrase it so you can understand my question, Does anybody in the field currently have a COMPLETE YATES ASSEMBLED SPEC ENGINE?

Im well aware of the rules there acadia. As well as where the parts can be ordered and such.

Acadia
09-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Im sorry let me rephrase it so you can understand my question, Does anybody in the field currently have a COMPLETE YATES ASSEMBLED SPEC ENGINE?

Im well aware of the rules there acadia. As well as where the parts can be ordered and such.

Well that's a different question. Since there are three known SPEC engines on the NWMT, and an occasional visitor with a SPEC has shown up, and the lineage of the 93 and 6 engines are known, then all you need to do is look into the SPEC engine used in the 88 to see who assembled it.

RGeeProductions
09-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Why?
According to your many previous posts, the 88 team is not a creditable source of any stats or info.
You talk in circles.

Acadia
09-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Why?
According to your many previous posts, the 88 team is not a creditable source of any stats or info.

Well, the 88 is in 19th place in points, right in front of the 18. What does that tell you about the 88 and their success with the SPEC motor?

RGeeProductions
09-29-2012, 12:22 PM
The 88 has not used a SPEC motor for all races this year.
And once again you skipped around your own statements.
Must say, nice job.

CuriousGeorge
09-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Acadia has single handedly ruined this site LOL

Gil
09-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Acadia has single handedly ruined this site LOL

Totally agree!

jaFor
09-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Gil and CuriousGeorge have expressed my feelings about Acadia exactly. Many months ago I stated the same in slightly different terms and suggested that the best way to get back at him is to just plain ignore him. I've wondered just what he does for a living as it seems he spends his life here.

SteveS
09-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Gil and CuriousGeorge have expressed my feelings about Acadia exactly. Many months ago I stated the same in slightly different terms and suggested that the best way to get back at him is to just plain ignore him. I've wondered just what he does for a living as it seems he spends his life here.

Funny, I wondered the same thing, so I googled the name on his profile. I found the same name on linked in that makes reference to contributing to 3 Nascar championships. Very impressive resume. I don't know if it's the same guy or not but the resume is steaming with self confidence.http://www.linkedin.com/in/alkodet

RGeeProductions
09-30-2012, 01:20 PM
NOTE: I have addressed the issue here and I do hope that all will be better.

jaFor
09-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Rich... Got my fingers crossed!