PDA

View Full Version : Championship

BigMac
10-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Is it in the bag for the 52 or should we expect some drama at the Big T next week? Historically, some weird things have happened during the final event. Also, if only the top 15 get a payout at the end of the year there is a real battle for the 15th and final spot.

limodmaniac
10-03-2012, 04:59 PM
1. It's a shame that only the top 15 get money at the end of the season. There's about 4 teams who have run all the shows and won't be rewarded for it, and that's a crime!

2. It's really been Coby's year in the 52. I wish him nothing but the best in his pursuit of the championship!

uticamike
10-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Is it in the bag for the 52 or should we expect some drama at the Big T next week? Historically, some weird things have happened during the final event. Also, if only the top 15 get a payout at the end of the year there is a real battle for the 15th and final spot.

At the horse races they payoff at the wire not the top of the stretch. He's not home yet. Hope you didn't put the whammy on him. Yes, he's had a career year and deserves the title.

Acadia
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
I just hope that NASCAR makes it clear that the drivers don't attempt to settle scores. The Stafford race was much better than last year's, let's hope the Thompson race has well behaved participants. The Thompson event was a laugher last year, 16 cautions, 84 caution laps out of 168 laps.

It would be tragic if the 52 didn't win after the season they have had. Hope they have the motor situation fixed, that was the second hiccup in the last couple weeks/races. It was scary to see the left header puff blue smoke when it went. Glad they were able to continue. The 52 just has to mark the 6 and 16, stay close, protect the car, he's racing for a championship now. I don't think the 52 will go at so hard that he takes himself out, but he needs to be careful and his spotter needs to protect him. He's kinda too far ahead in points to lose it without some extraordinary bad luck.

Preece and Silk will be a race within the race to watch, to see how hard they want to go to gain or protect. Maybe bonus points could be a big factor.

Positions 5-8 could be racy, potential for gains there.

Most importantly, I hope this will be a race, not another exercise in survival.

BigMac
10-03-2012, 10:05 PM
1. It's a shame that only the top 15 get money at the end of the season. There's about 4 teams who have run all the shows and won't be rewarded for it, and that's a crime!

2. It's really been Coby's year in the 52. I wish him nothing but the best in his pursuit of the championship!

I agree its a shame only 15 teams will get paid. Nascar should have left the cutoff at 20. Given the somewhat small fields I was surprised to see that there were twenty teams that started at least 11 out of the first twelve events. 53 points separate positions 13 thru 20 in the owners points. That's going to be the real battle next week. That is also where you might see drivers taking chances.

limodmaniac
10-04-2012, 06:10 AM
And if they have to leave it to the top 15, then at least reward the teams who made ALL the races!!!

Acadia
10-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Perhaps in the future, the point fund should reward all cars that make all races, instead of a hard cap cutoff. (start and parks do not count) Doesn't look like too many cars will be showing up in the near future.

But the this race could be very good!

JWfor8x
10-04-2012, 11:03 AM
And if they have to leave it to the top 15, then at least reward the teams who made ALL the races!!!

I agree that the teams who made all of the races should be rewarded. I can also understand that since they do have a points system, they use it for the season ending rewards. If it were up to me, and only 15 teams could be rewarded, I would place the teams that did not make all of the races behind those that did and if, for example, only 12 teams made all shows, then they would have the top 12 payouts with 13-15 going to teams who did not. Fortunatly for everyone, it is not up to me.

Magicshoes12
10-05-2012, 11:33 AM
I agree that the teams who made all of the races should be rewarded. I can also understand that since they do have a points system, they use it for the season ending rewards. If it were up to me, and only 15 teams could be rewarded, I would place the teams that did not make all of the races behind those that did and if, for example, only 12 teams made all shows, then they would have the top 12 payouts with 13-15 going to teams who did not. Fortunatly for everyone, it is not up to me.

I know you said as an example only 12 teams made all the shows, but in the real case it is 16 cars that have made every show and 4 that have made all but one. 2 cars that have made all but 1 race are in the top 15 and and 3 cars that have made all the races are outside the top 15 with two of the 3 only 5 points out from the top 15.

15. Ed Flemke 358
16. Jamie T 355
17. Eric G 353

So the race between them should be pretty good!