PDA

View Full Version : Road Course?

Robbyracer
10-07-2012, 07:53 PM
I was at Watkins Glen this weekend and saw someone driving a 96 Troyer.

Are there any Modified road course races? It looked to be doing very well hanging with Z06 & M3 race cars.

Rob

worm
10-07-2012, 07:58 PM
the tour has been there yrs ago, no more road courses

Axel
10-08-2012, 09:42 AM
they were at Lime Rock a few years ago too. I kind of like it, because it really tests the drivers ability to turn left AND right.

I think it's really difificult for the teams, since you really need to set the cars up differntly, but i dont know much about the technical aspect.

fastbackss
10-08-2012, 10:24 AM
The gentleman who runs that car posts pretty regularly on another board, providing updates on his exploits. They are very entertaining to read, especially to me who loves road course racing (best of both worlds!).

Here is his multimedia page, for pictures and videos. The class that he runs in is one of the most unlimited there is, so he runs against some baaaaaad equipment.
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd479/Modhauler4/Racecar/

jpj
10-08-2012, 11:14 AM
The gentleman who runs that car posts pretty regularly on another board, providing updates on his exploits. They are very entertaining to read, especially to me who loves road course racing (best of both worlds!).

Here is his multimedia page, for pictures and videos. The class that he runs in is one of the most unlimited there is, so he runs against some baaaaaad equipment.
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd479/Modhauler4/Racecar/

Who is it? And which message board? As a mod fan and a Glen fan, I would like to hear his story.

Groundpounder
10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
It's John Hellmers. He used to race at the old Shangri-La/Tioga and switched his car over for road racing when that track closed. He posts on RaceNY (www.raceny.com).

jpj
10-08-2012, 01:53 PM
It's John Hellmers. He used to race at the old Shangri-La/Tioga and switched his car over for road racing when that track closed. He posts on RaceNY (www.raceny.com).

Great stuff! Thanks.

TnLRacing
10-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I think it's really difificult for the teams, since you really need to set the cars up differntly, but i dont know much about the technical aspect.

Im sure Acadia will chime in and let you know everything there is to know:)

RGeeProductions
10-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Wait till I see you at Thompson Mr. TNL!!!!

fastbackss
10-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Interestingly, the The Top Speed Fabrication ICAR Mods (similar to IMCA-type cars, not NorthEast style cars) that run out of Indiana and tour the upper midwest had a test day at a road course out here in Michigan yesterday. Apparently they are adding at least one road course race next season and maybe more...

Groundpounder
10-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Is ICAR the group that had a car on display at a Thompson tour event maybe 10 or so years ago?