PDA

View Full Version : 10/23/12 - Blewett wins 100th race at Wall Stadium Saturday

RGeeProductions
10-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Jimmy Blewett reached a career milestone on Saturday as he won his 100th main event in the 75-lap Spooky Spectacular Modified stock car main event at Wall Stadium. The victory was the Howell resident’s 42 at the third mile paved shore speedway.

After posting the fastest lap during time trial qualifying, Blewett started ninth and picked his way to the front of the pack. Chas Okerson of Freehold was the first leader of the event until Blewett took the lead on the outside lane on the 24th lap of the contest. Blewett then led until the 50th circuit when he slowed exiting turn two with a flat tire.

This left newly crowned champion Anthony Sesely of Matawan and rookie Eric Mauriello of Howell to wrestle side-by-side for the lead until Sesely suffered a flat right rear tire which forced both to spin in the second turn. Okerson then retook the lead as Blewett, Sesely and Mauriello tried to race from the rear of the field after their pit stops to change flat tires.

Blewett was the first of the trio to return to the front of the field as he slipped past Okerson for the lead on lap 58. Blewett then raced on to the landmark victory while Sesely raced to the front of the pack to finish second. Howell’s Ken Woolley, Jr., who recovered from his own problems, was third, with Okerson finishing fourth and Freehold’s Steven Reed coming from the rear of the field for fifth.

“Winning my 100th race here means a lot to me,” Jimmy Blewett said in the winner’s circle. “My grandfather has done so much for me and he is here tonight. He doesn’t always make it to all the Tour races. Plus the rest of my family is here and I get to share this win with my little boy. I have to thank my grandfather and my crew for all their support. I know I say that every time, but their hard work makes this car so fast.”

Newly crowned Sportsman stock car driving champion Eric Mauriello proved just how fast he is by winning the companion 50-lap main event. The Howell resident started sixth on the grid and raced into the lead on lap 12. After that outside lane pass Mauriello raced on to the victory over brothers Trevor and Zack Alspach, both of Willingboro, Holmdel’s Andrew Krause and Manasquan’s Kenny Van Wickle.

Mike Alcaro of Newton took the lead at the halfway point and then raced on to win the 30-lapper for the INEX Legend Cars. Two-time and newly crowned champion Derek Hopkinson of Toms River crossed the finish line second, while Trevor Alspach of Willingboro was third. Invaders Eugene Drew and Gregory Harris were fourth and fifth.

Defending champion Nick Shaw of Chatham won the 30-lap Street Stock main event over Carl Thomas of Tinton Falls and Long Island’s Ken Matlach. Jim Downey of Cliffwood Beach and Bill Vanderveen of Beachwood were fourth and fifth.

Joey Payne won Saturday’s 25-lap main event for the visiting Three Quarter Midgets over Jon Gambuti, Austin Fehr, Allison Cumens and Buddy Sloed. Payne took the lead with less than ten laps remaining in the race.

On Sunday, Wall Stadium presented day two of the Spooky Spectacular events.

In Factory Stock action, Joe Mongeau of Bradley Beach grabbed the main event win over newly crowned driving champion Scott Riggleman of Manchester. Holmdel’s Andrew Krause, Steve West of Howell and Wall’s Roy Farfel wrapped up the top five.

Scott Adams raced to the win in the companion 4 Cylinder main event on Sunday afternoon. Mike Wohl was forced to settle for second despite a great run, while Dan Birdsall, newly crowned champ Brien Crosby and Jay Meyers completed the top five.

In the special Demolition Derby, R. Riddle was the only driver to drive off and was therefore crowned the champion. It was the first Demolition Derby held at the third mile paved oval in over a decade.

Wall Stadium will roar back into action on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend (November 23, 24 and 25) with the annual running of the northeast season ending “Turkey Derby XXXIX.” Details about Turkey Derby, which is run annually during the daylight hours, will be announced soon.

Wall Stadium presents professional motorsports events on most Saturdays and Sundays during the summer months. The speedway is located on Route 34 in Wall Township, N.J., just one mile north of Garden State Parkway exit 98 and Interstate 195 exit 35B. The speedway hotline number is 732-681-6400, while CKMotorsports@aol.com is the track’s email address. More information is also available at www.wallspeedwayracing.com.

MODIFIED FEATURE – 75 Laps – 1. JIMMY BLEWETT, HOWELL, 2. Anthony Sesely, 3. Ken Woolley, Jr., 4. Chas Okerson, 5. Steven Reed, 6. Eric Mauriello, 7. Shawna Ingraham, 8. Harry Schaeffer, 9. Chris Reynolds, 10. Roger Coss, 11. Marc Nappi, 12. Shanon Mongeau, 13. Jason Treat, 13 Jonathan Mandato, 14. Ron Frees, 15. Ryan Cottrell

SPORTSMAN FEATURE – 30 Laps – 1. ERIC MAURIELLO, HOWELL, 2 Trevor Alspach, 3. Zack Alspach, 4. Andrew Krause, 5. Kenny Van Wickle, 6. Robert Vassilatos, 7. Dominic Fattaruso, 8. Scott Branick, 9. Matthew Langbein, 10. Dave Bailey, 11. Joe Cocca, 12. Rich Ely

LEGEND CARS FEATURE – 30 Laps – 1. MIKE ALCARO, NEWTON, 2. Derek Hopkinson, 3. Trevor Alspach, 4. Eugene Drew, 5. Gregory Harris, 6. Vincent Colletti, 7. Kevin Rommeney, 8. Steven Woytysiak, 9. Zack Alspach, 10. Rob Hyer, 11. Todd McCullum, 12. Kyle Dealaman, 13. Bradley Lowmaster, 14. Joe McGrath, 15. Michael Rommeney

STREET STOCK FEATURE – 30 Laps – 1. NICK SHAW, CHATHAM, 2. Carl Thomas, 3. Ken Matlach, 4. Jim Downey, 5. Bill Vanderveen, 6. Mike Tillett, 7. Jack Sayegh, 8. Karl Schlechtweg, 9. Dominic Casola

TQ MIDGET FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. JOEY PAYNE, 2. Jon Gambuti, 3. Austin Fehr, 4. Allison Cumens, 5. Buddy Sloed, 6. Phil Demario, 7. Frank Fischer, 8. Robin Johnston, 9. Derek Hopkinson, 10. Brent Conkling, 11. Mike Ocupinto, 12. Neil Blatt, 13. Ryan Tidman, 14. Mike Tidaback, 15. Jeff Kot, 16. Matt Roselli, 17. Bill Force.

FACTORY STOCK FEATURE – 50 Laps – 1. JOE MONGEAU, BRADLEY BEACH, 2. Scott Riggleman, 3. Andrew Krause, 4. Steve West, 5. Roy Farfel, 6. Tim O 'Shea, 7. Marty Van Druten, 8. Nick Shaw, 9. Lee Allen, 10. Ed Bischoff, 11. Eric Graham, 12. Steve Michel, 13. Joe Stongvila, 14. Chris Felber, 15. Rob Hurley, 16. Bill Stockert, 17. Josh Matthews, 18. Jim Downey, 19. Vern McLaughlin, 20. Kenny Green, 21. Joe Helberg, 22. Shannon Mongeau, 23. Frank D'Entrement, 24. Matt Guadagno.

FOUR CYLINDER FEATURE – 30 Laps – 1. SCOTT ADAMS, WALL, 2. Mike Wohl, 3. Dan Birdsall, 4. Brien Crosby, 5. Jay Meyers, 6. Tom Chillscyzn, 7. Ryan Keyes, 8. Jay Conrad, 9. Mike Dorrer, 10. Joe De Guilio, 11. Nick Shaw, 12. JR Cole Ormsbee, 13. Hillard, 14. Mac Donald, 15. D. Killius

Jeff Gravatt