PDA

View Full Version : Mahoning

limodmaniac
10-25-2012, 06:36 AM
If you've never been to Mahoning, this coming Saturday is the day to go!

3:00 start time

$5000 to win

Come see tour drivers Preece, Beers, Hirschman (both of them!) among others take on the locals.

No mirrors, no radios, no way!!!!

side by side racing on the smallest, roundest track around.

DON'T MISS IT!

CynthiaTork
10-25-2012, 10:06 AM
No mirrors, no radios, no way!!!!

This is the way every tour show be. I love it.

mattphoto
10-25-2012, 11:36 AM
how big is the track ?? 1/4 mile ??

limodmaniac
10-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Only if you are on the outside, the entire lap, scraping the wall all the way around.. Advertised as such, but probably less, and circular! If you haven't been there, and you are sitting home waiting for the hurricane or the snow to start falling, or waiting for the Turkey Derby in a month, shame on you!!!! MAHONING!!!!!!!! Be there!!!

uticamike
10-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Just may be the largest car count of any race anywhere this year, tours included. My guess 42-44 cars. Would love to see Tommy Barrett in this field.

limodmaniac
10-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Would love to see more Riverhead cars show up for this one!

mattphoto
10-25-2012, 09:19 PM
I am going to Monadnock but maybe next year def Mahoning. How many cars will start the race ???

WhelenTour27
10-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Only if you are on the outside, the entire lap, scraping the wall all the way around.. Advertised as such, but probably less, and circular! If you haven't been there, and you are sitting home waiting for the hurricane or the snow to start falling, or waiting for the Turkey Derby in a month, shame on you!!!! MAHONING!!!!!!!! Be there!!!

I was planning on going to waterford, but because of this thread I will be in attendance at Mahoning Valley

nymods
10-25-2012, 11:28 PM
only 24 to start. draw for heat starting spot. consi's and also a non-qualifiers race if more than 35 cars show. i'm guesing 38 cars.

Teds Race Tours
10-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Track, according to my measurements on google earth, is a 1/5th mile by the outside wall, 1/6th of a mile on the inside line, so somewhere between those 2 numbers for the groove. Racing there was excellent yesterday as usual. Cudos to the track for the non qualifiers race paying 1000 to win.

WEEZER
10-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Hey LIMODMANIAC, no Riverhead mods there but Turbush and Miniri were there with their chargers. Its fasinating that the Mahoning street stocks with there old style camaro's can be dialed in at that track and yet with the cars the 43 and turbush have could'nt qualify. Say's a lot for the regulars at Mahoning.

Another thing I don't get is how the car counts at Mahoning are great but 45 minutes up interstate 80 at Mountain Speedway cant get more the 8 late models, 10 street stocks etc.

I personally prefer Mountain with its long straitaways as opposed to Mohaning's dounut circle.

uticamike
10-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Hey LIMODMANIAC, no Riverhead mods there but Turbush and Miniri were there with their chargers. Its fasinating that the Mahoning street stocks with there old style camaro's can be dialed in at that track and yet with the cars the 43 and turbush have could'nt qualify. Say's a lot for the regulars at Mahoning.

Another thing I don't get is how the car counts at Mahoning are great but 45 minutes up interstate 80 at Mountain Speedway cant get more the 8 late models, 10 street stocks etc.

I personally prefer Mountain with its long straitaways as opposed to Mohaning's dounut circle.

Cheatin' and big hp doesn't mean much at a track where yo simply can't really run a way and hide.Camero's and metric frames are nearly equal.

Sportmods can and do compete with TT Mods ( MH wins often) and maybe the biggest reason is Floyd vs Joe.

Me, I like both places.

BigMac
11-02-2012, 10:39 PM
They have something good cooking at Mahoning for sure. Now comes the news that the 45 will be joining their Saturday night ranks. I might have to check this place out in 2013.

limodmaniac
11-03-2012, 07:08 AM
I was under the impression that the 45 team might run some Lancaster / Oswego , maybe even Loudon events. Don't think they are running full time at Mahoning. I'm sure they will be there for the big races and since Eric Beers lives down the road from there, maybe at least a semi regular.

Either way, putting Mahoning on your list for 2013 is a must.

BigMac
11-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Yesterday's article on racedayct quotes them as running Mahoning full time with some addition events at the places you mentioned as well as some possible tour events.

uticamike
11-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Wonder why the ROC wasn't mentioned. Dave and Eric both used to run regular there. Gotta be something I don't know.

Groundpounder
11-03-2012, 09:24 PM
In this week's AARN, in Lenny Sammons' column, it says they will run in "selected events" on the WMT, including NHMS, "...compete as regular as possible at the Mahoning Valley Speedway", "...any Modified events held at Dunn Tire Speedway", and finally, "...they have their eye on the famed Race of Champions held at Oswego...".
(emphasis added)