PDA

View Full Version : North South Shootout ?

MOD JUNKIE
10-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Are any of you going to the race this year ? I know a few knocked it down last year but with short notice I thought Caraway did a good did and believe things will go good down there this time. Hope some of you can make it's always been a good time.

limodmaniac
10-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Would love to know what schedule will be on Saturday. I know something is posted on the NS website, but I can't believe what is listed is the actual running order. Are they actually going to run the modified race first like the website says? Weather permitting, trying to figure out what time to start heading down.

JED
10-31-2012, 03:49 PM
From Caraway website

Saturday – November 10,2012
7am Pit Registration
8am Pit Gates Open
8:05am – 9am Inspection
9am – Alternating Practice Begins (LEG; SP; LMST; Lite Mods; Tour Mods; PASS; SK Mods)
11am Grandstands Open – Admission (Ticket Good For Friday & Saturday) General Admission $35; Reserved $40; VIP $50 Kids age 7years – 12 years $10; Kids 6 and under free
11:15am Sportsman & Late Model Super Trucks Drivers Meeting
11:30am Alternating Practice Ends
11:40am – 11:45am MANDATORY Legends European Style Qualifying. Lined Up By Best Practice Lap (NO REDRAW)
11:30am – Tour Mod Drivers Meeting
11:45am — SK Mod Drivers Meeting
12:00pm – Lite Mod Drivers Meeting
12:15pm – Legends Drivers Meeting
12:30pm – 1:30pm Autograph Session
1:40pm Pole Award For All Divisions / Heat Race Winners Trophy Presentation
1:50pm Invocation / National Anthem
1:55pm Pedal Car Race
2:00pm Race Begins
Mod Tour Consi Race (If Needed)
50 Lap SK Modified
25 Lap Legends
125 Lap Tour Modified
75 Lap Late Model Super Truck
150 Lap PASS Super Late Models
40 Lap Lite Modified
40 Lap Sportsman

BOBBY
10-31-2012, 08:17 PM
Will the chrome horn.carry the shootout live..FRIDAY@ SATURDAY..??

RGeeProductions
10-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Will the chrome horn.carry the shootout live..FRIDAY@ SATURDAY..??

As with any event we cover. it is always on our front page.
As of this time we are not.

CuriousGeorge
11-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Preece in the 7ny...pretty cool

MOD JUNKIE
11-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Preece in the 7ny...pretty cool

I saw that as well and believe he will be strong with that piece

MOD JUNKIE
11-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Weather is looking good for this weekend, no ink for this race on the front page so just trying to help.

ben's club
11-06-2012, 08:09 PM
If your coming to the North South Shootout and you need help with your scanner or
some frequency’s. I’ll be glad to help you. I'll be sitting near the start finish line. If you need any help before then you can contact me at bensfrequencyclub@yahoo.com or 336-239-4338 during the weekend.

bud
11-11-2012, 05:36 PM
The wrecking ball at it again....lol

David
11-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks Tommy Barrett

Groundpounder
11-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Ya, I'm sure Woody was completely innocent and there was no blocking going on. :rolleyes:

fastbackss
11-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Well, I had hoped to go, but couldn't make it. Here was Speed51's coverage, live, as the incident unfolded:
6:56 Doubling up
Pitkat
Myers
Barrett
Preece
Hirschman
Hossfeld
Saturday November 10, 2012 6:56
6:56 GREEN FLAG: Dead heat into one for the lead
6:56 Lap 117: Pitkat clears Myers and bring Barrett with him
6:56 Lap 118: Barrett to second and is on the back bumper of Pitkat
6:57 Lap 119: Pitkat slams the door when Barrett looked under him. Barrett slid up the track and lost a car length
Saturday November 10, 2012 6:57
6:57 Five to go for Pitkat. Barrett's back on his bumper
6:57 Pitkat is taking th einside groove away from Barrett, but Barrett gets to his outside off turn four.
6:58 YELLOW FLAG Lap 121: Barrett and Pitkat made contact. They crash off turn two. Ebersole and Burt Myers get collected in the aftermath
Saturday November 10, 2012 6:58
6:58 Barrett tried a bottom shot move off turn two and got into Pitkat
Saturday November 10, 2012 6:58
6:59 That hands the lead to Preece, with Hossfeld second, Hirschman third, Bohn fourth and Chris Pasteryak fifth
Saturday November 10, 2012 6:59
6:59 RED FLAG for cleanup
6:59
Hill members dejectedly study the #79 against the inside wall (Speed51.com Photo)

7:00 Pitkat will need a wrecker to get off the inside wall off turn two. The left-front is damaged.
Saturday November 10, 2012 7:00
7:02
Pitkat initially requested the hook but will now drive away under his machine's own power (Speed51.com Photo)

Saturday November 10, 2012 7:02
7:03 Pitkat got removed from the wrecker and drove off on his own to pit road for the Hillbilly team to look over the 79
Saturday November 10, 2012 7:03
7:04 Teams can work on their cars under this red.
Saturday November 10, 2012 7:04
7:04 Pitkat and Burt Myers are both on pit road
Saturday November 10, 2012 7:04
7:05
Woody Pitkat pits under red. (Speed51.com Photo)

Saturday November 10, 2012 7:05
7:05 When Pitkat was on the end of pit road waiting to go on track, one of Barrett's crew members leaned in the car. All of Pitkat's team ran down the pit road to pull him away. Things didn't escalate more than shouting and a few sleeve grabs

mwf44
11-12-2012, 03:20 PM
I was not there, but just to add my "Two cents" in, that it seems to me if David had his car going "FASTER", instead of in "BLOCKING MODE" this incedent would have never happened. Sometime settling for second with a second place car makes more sense !!! David, don't blame NOBODY BUT YOURSELF cause your car was NOT FAST ENOUGH to win, maybea second place car !!

wrench1
11-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I was not there, but just to add my "Two cents" in, that it seems to me if David had his car going "FASTER", instead of in "BLOCKING MODE" this incedent would have never happened. Sometime settling for second with a second place car makes more sense !!! David, don't blame NOBODY BUT YOURSELF cause your car was NOT FAST ENOUGH to win, maybea second place car !!

if you were not there,then how can u make such a comment.

mwf44
11-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Hey wrench1, how about if I watched a video.

David
11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
MWF44 Ask Tommy what was wrong with passing on the outside ? Woody made sevaral passes on the outside. And the way his Traction Control was working the outside was the lane that we gave him but instead he drove threw us. Very talented kid.

jfp711
11-12-2012, 08:50 PM
I guess all of the drivers I spoke with AFTER the race ALL felt the same way about TC Barrett, the kid is a bum, Traction Control always makes a stiff look good, I love Woody's thought process, He was not losing to Traction Control, And that's the crime the fans were deprived of watching that last fews laps play out as TC Barrett just drove through people.....But when a succesful, and I use that word losely, former car owner brags about cheating for most of his career, I guess that's why he thinks it's OK to cheat, then try to insult everybody and ram this punk down everybodys throat by telling us how great he is,,,,,,Yeah very talented kid......

mwf44
11-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey David, its a wonder you go through so many drivers, you have an extreme lackl of communication with them. This is from Raceday CT, "Pitkat later said he crowded Barrett before they went spinning. Woody is also quoted on the North/South web page as "Tommy did nothing wrong". I like Woody & glad that him & Tommy didn't get into the "mud-slinging til you started with your nonsense . Try to get in sync. with your drivers or atleast be on the "same page"

David
11-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Mario I have never showed you nothing but respect for all the years I have been on the tour, but you know nothing about the situations with my team and drivers. Ask anybody on the tour if I have ever showed disrespect to anybody on the tour. Do I stand up for my team and my driver HELL YEAH!!

mwf44
11-12-2012, 09:20 PM
All this because you started a rash of **** with your comment on this forum. I was so glad that both drivers acted like professionals, #9 owner acted like a professional but in my eyes #79 owner did not act like a professional with his comment. David, you brought this all on & I ain't gonna stand by & let ANYBODY bash that kid if he don't deserve it & in this case he don't deserve any bashing cause he's there to win & I'd kick his ass if he had a 1st place car (which he did) & finished second to anybody !!!!

David
11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Sounds like true love to me. lol

brad
11-12-2012, 09:42 PM
The kid may be good someday, but HAD U BEEN there mwf44 you wouldve been able to tell him to not make the TC so obvious, he basically ran caraway wide open for the last 20 laps, obviously the cautions he caused helped him get back to the front.. everyone else that put tires on like he did didnt go like that nobody not even hirshy and he usually the car to beat, evidently that "replacement" shock had some adjustments mounted on it... how u go from a 6-10th place car at best to screaming with 10 to go... maybe he doesnt have it and it was setup that good but where was he at the first 100 laps... even the wsmt guys cant get around caraway that good and they go there 6 times a year... ofcourse just my opinions doesnt reflect 79 one bit but damn that was a tough one to have TAKEN away

jfp711
11-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Well said Brad, I was sitting in turns 3 & 4 with Suess family, and the punk was junk, then the 9 gets the typical RR Flat then Boom, fastest car on the track, I mean he was so agressive to the gas, and when, PitGate, Myers, Hirschy, Chucky, Preece, Bohn, etc, are doing all they can to find traction and 9 car is just eating up pavement, C'Mon man don't insult us, That is one wore out race track, and to drive that joint like he did after being in the way for the first 100 laps......and like Brad these are my opinons and thoughts and have zero reflections of the 79 team.......I have to applaude Woody for not lowering himself to the 9 bunch and make a big stink about what happened, "I was not losing to traction control & he was not winning with traction control".......nuff said, MWF44, you can spin it any way you want, but your killing the kid and your not helping him at all.......most people don't have the balls to tell you that, but trust me, your not doing the kid any favors.....

stabone
11-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Wheres the Video??? I cant find one???

mwf44
11-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Brian the #9 has a Go- Pro like sooo many others do. OK so now what ????

mwf44
11-12-2012, 11:15 PM
And for Brad, I guess you never heard of tire management. Tommy does that every VRMS race. But I guess thats something you know nothing about. Its like you save the best for the end when it counts. & that shock FYI was a loading shock as the #9 Team has NO spare shocks cause there was no money left after paying Tens of Thousands for the "traction control", ha ha ha !!!

mwf44
11-13-2012, 01:26 AM
One more time for David, Joe & Brad. Woody is truthful, while the three of you are in denial. Woody's quotes from Speed51 (check it out & get educated) Woody says "I was trying to hold on and trying to give him the outside at the end", said Pitkat. "He got on the on the outside of me and I drove him up a little bit. He tried to cross me over and I tried to crowd him on the bottom and we got spun. It was just good, hard racing. I don't think he (Tommy) did anything wrong" !!!! So David how do you misconstrue this to say Tommy drove through Woody ????? Like I said, get on the same page !!! Also for Joe. I am hurting the kids career? ?? FYI I got him in the WMT ride @ 17 & best of all he don't have to pay a penny & he gets paid. Most others like your hero are paying. Plus I got Doug his spotter doing Cup stuff. I think both Tommy & Doug are doing fine

Groundpounder
11-13-2012, 08:48 AM
MWF44 Ask Tommy what was wrong with passing on the outside ? Woody made sevaral passes on the outside. And the way his Traction Control was working the outside was the lane that we gave him but instead he drove threw us. Very talented kid.

Maybe Tommy was smart enough to know that if he had gotten outside of Woody, Woody would have run him up the track like he did to Hirschman earlier in the race? As for traction control, you're a fine one to talk now, aren't you?

Spectator
11-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Seems to me Mario your trying to associate yourself with that one last driver to keep you the least bit relevant in modified racing, first you were trying to ride Justin Bonsignores coat tails now you have moved on to Tommy Barrett. Truth be told your hurting this kids "career". Yea congrats, you secured him a 2nd rate tour ride for 2 races, do you really think a real good tour team like the 4, 2, 16, 79 etc. would touch this kid knowing that his "mentor" is a self proclaimed cheater? Highly unlikely, problem is the kid drives like an asshole because he has people like you gassing him up telling him hes the best thing since pockets in pants when you really should be keeping him humble. Stock car racing is an humbling sport, you could be here today gone tomorrow. And next time you call him the most talented young driver in the northeast, you should apologize to people like Ryan Preece who are the epitome of good young talent. Theres a ton of Tommy Barretts in the North East you just have your blinders on.

mod35
11-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Well said spectator

MOD JUNKIE
11-13-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't know about traction control being used but the #9 car was the car to beat at the end. The #79 took him high off turn 2 then chopped down low to block the #2's crossed move and the accident happened. Was good hard racing up front from what we saw. Yet again one shows up to crap on this race after doing so last year, why even show up ? The track had the drivers collect $ towards recovery in the northeast and Caraway is donating a portion of it's proceeds to the fund. Nice to see a race report on the front page here after pretty much being ignored. Great weather large crowd and hard racing is what was going on.

mwf44
11-13-2012, 01:21 PM
YO spetator, who are you to call Gary Teto's #10 second rate. Tommy Barrett beat half of your so called goid team's #4 & #79I at the World Series & also beat #2's team car with the great TC behind the wheel, plus the kid only got the ride on talent with a "just bring your helmut bag" & not have to pay for tires, ebgines and bring money like so many have to including some of the superstars that drive for your FOUR good teams. Hey I did this for a living so driver talent was most important to me & crew. When we did good, we ate good. When we didn't it was Ramen noodles. I think my opinion of driver talent carries much more weight than yours as I "lived it" you just "talk about". And I don't need any coat tails to ride on &I if I never went to another race like I did for TEN years than no big deal to me. You are sooo far off base with your totally ignorant sratements. And I'll say it again with no disrespect to anyone, when you take everything into consideration like age, experience, equipment & crew then Tommy Barrett is THE BEST that I have ever sen at this level &I if my statement upsets you then too f'n bad & go out & get your own race team and accomplish something, anything OK ????

wrench1
11-13-2012, 02:02 PM
All this because you started a rash of **** with your comment on this forum. I was so glad that both drivers acted like professionals, #9 owner acted like a professional but in my eyes #79 owner did not act like a professional with his comment. David, you brought this all on & I ain't gonna stand by & let ANYBODY bash that kid if he don't deserve it & in this case he don't deserve any bashing cause he's there to win & I'd kick his ass if he had a 1st place car (which he did) & finished second to anybody !!!!

i guess his reputation on the mrs tour is following him to whelen tour.keep watchin the videos,i guess the kid does no wrong in marios eyes.lol

wrench1
11-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Hey wrench1, how about if I watched a video.

u dont have to act like a jerk to everybody,mwf44.your attitube on this forum is terrible,esp. to david,use a little bit of respect.

mwf44
11-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Hey wrench1, U R right that I have no respect for "gas bags" like you that can't read. Woody said verbatim " Tommy did nothing wrong" !! Dude give it up cause you are only gonna look stupid with your hate for Tomny Barrett. The kid is just too good & gonna win alot of races, I guarantee that. And I very rarely go on this site cause of people like you & made that mistake of doing it yesterday and saw David Hill's ignorant statement & it just set me off. His own driver went step by step informing all of us what happened & David is still in denial. If his race car was faster, Tommy woulda never caught Woody& then #79 woulda won. But it wasn't fast enough pure and simple & David dont blame Tommy Barrett for your problems.

uticamike
11-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Spectator calls Barrett a (butt orifice) and MWF needs to show respect? That's choice. I didn't see the race and won't comment on the drive.

Personally I think TB is a talented kid. Maybe not on the same level mwf has him but there are few others as well. I find it interesting how fast

the cheating claims fly when the field has some outside pressure. Now, I'm not putting TB on this level but maybe some of you may remember how Earnhardt

and DW drove when they broke in. There are hotshots that washed out too I'm not saying it a goes one way but time will tell. Dumping on

Tommy in Teto's car just smells of jealously I think. The Fb reference about him in handcuffs at Stafford is bull too. None of you out there have a "history"?

Funny, no one wants to talk about Manions tire magic in that race. Give it break.

wrench1
11-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Hey wrench1, U R right that I have no respect for "gas bags" like you that can't read. Woody said verbatim " Tommy did nothing wrong" !! Dude give it up cause you are only gonna look stupid with your hate for Tomny Barrett. The kid is just too good & gonna win alot of races, I guarantee that. And I very rarely go on this site cause of people like you & made that mistake of doing it yesterday and saw David Hill's ignorant statement & it just set me off. His own driver went step by step informing all of us what happened & David is still in denial. If his race car was faster, Tommy woulda never caught Woody& then #79 woulda won. But it wasn't fast enough pure and simple & David dont blame Tommy Barrett for your problems.

you are the most idiotic,******e,i have ever came across,and i have no respect for jerk offs like you either.guess we are even then,lol

Racerjoe
11-13-2012, 07:36 PM
"I guess you never heard of tire management. Tommy does that every VRMS race. But I guess thats something you know nothing about." Now I've heard it all !!!!! I guess he'll be giving Matt Hirshman lessons on this.......

RGeeProductions
11-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Well that's it.
You people can't even discuss anything without name calling.
The only thing positive here is that it is not Facebook with the constant profanities!!!
This thread is closed.
Any more restarting threads and going in this direction will not be closed, they will BE DELETED!!!