PDA

View Full Version : Nazareth Speedway

Tracy57
11-11-2012, 02:31 AM
A proposal to write a book about Nazareth Speedway has been approved yesterday by Arcadia Publishing. Arcadia has over 8,000 titles in local and regional history books.

What I need now are pictures/ stories for the book about Nazareth. I know there are a few "Oldtimers" who have raced there. I have also set up a page on Facebook- "Images of Sports- Nazareth Speedway" so that you can see pictures as they come in.

If you have watched a race there, wrenched on a car or raced, and have pictures (or know of people who have pictures) send me an email/ PM or bring them to the banquet. I will then scan them and return them you when I am done.

Lastly, I also want to know how many are interested in buying the book (autographed by me of course) so I know how many to order ($21.99) and if there are any local businesses, tracks, or events that may be interested in selling the book or having a book signing event.

Any further questions, feel free to send me a private message.

SteveS
11-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Are you referring to the 1/2 mile dirt track or the big track? In either case, see if there are dirt track forums/boards. Flemington Fairgrounds, Nazareth Raceway and Middletown NY ran Tri-Track Series races in the eighties on the half miles. The big track was only run on pavement at the end of its life. Ace Lane was a prominent photographer at many of the races run around that era on the dirt tracks.

Groundpounder
11-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Harmony Speedway wasn't far from there. Maybe some of the folks over at Harmony's facebook page would have something?
http://www.facebook.com/harmony.speedway

Axel
11-12-2012, 11:14 AM
ah, the days of Flemington on Saturday and Nazareth on Sunday evenings...

I am sure you've already seen it, but the book, Paved Track, Dirt Track was published by Coastal 181 and is also an intersting history of the dirt track from the 50's through the early 80's.