PDA

View Full Version : top teams leaving tour 09/11 ?

worm
12-03-2012, 09:12 PM
ideal racing has everything for sale on racing junk,big loss to that tour! good luck with full body cars next year.

Brian Hawks
12-04-2012, 08:15 AM
ideal racing has everything for sale on racing junk,big loss to that tour! good luck with full body cars next year.

Also saw where the 1/4 were not running the Tour next year. 4 top teams there NASCAR. Time to wake up.

worm
12-04-2012, 07:38 PM
they will never wake up,not looking good for next year

limodmaniac
12-04-2012, 08:10 PM
What do races pay??? 2000 to win??

worm
12-04-2012, 08:49 PM
yep,2000.00 to win.what a shame

Brian Hawks
12-05-2012, 08:15 AM
yep,2000.00 to win.what a shame

I agree, it is a shame. I remember sitting at the Hawthorne Inn in Winston Salem after the 2004 ASA/SMART season and having a "NASCAR Meeting" Smart had agreeded to not run races while NASCAR had a tour, and once they got some of their "costs" paid for that the purse would increase. Well, Tour car count has been growing, everyone feels the need to have a tractor trailer to race, everyone has 2-3 cars, nice motors. Everyone has stepped up to Northern Tour standards and yet it seems like no one cares. The passion I once had for modified racing down South leaves a little more each year, we have no other option, BGS or Tour. And I'll tell you from personal experience, they don't give two craps if you walk in the back gate or bring a car or anything. Never dealt with such rude, not knowledgeable people in my life. I'll admit I've met some pretty decent Tour officals over the years, but history provides they even get tired of it and have disappeared. No track can afford to host a race, and now, it seems NASCAR is making it where a team really can't afford to even show up. More new safety rules every year with zero with to off set these costs.

I wish for nothing but the best for the Tour, but I just hope the Southern Tour gets SMART again, if ya know what I mean.

uticamike
12-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Can you say the 7 words you can't say on TV here? G Damn it !! :( This Andy Seuss fan isn't happy hearing this.