PDA

View Full Version : Aside from asphalt Modifeds, what is your favorite division of race car and why?

csg
12-15-2012, 10:52 PM
I personally enjoy the dirt super late models, I don't get to see them too often living in the Northeast but really enjoy them when I do and typically seek them out when I can. The races usually provide good racing, as drivers have a choice of tire compound which can lead to significant passing in some of their longer lap events. They have heat races to set line-ups and due to their tv coverage on speed and NBC Sports I have developed a following of drivers. With two national series and other regional series/tracks running common rules, tracks typically have large fields of cars at special events in the division. Local drivers will often step up to the challenge and compete against the outsiders when the series runs their home track. The division also runs for good money, making it somewhat possible to make a living in the division. Overall, when I get to see them at Fonda or East Bay or Volusia it is usually one of my most memorable races of the year. Only downside, a little dust in the eyes.

Gil
12-16-2012, 03:54 AM
F1, Indy, Australian Super v8s, etc...

Teds Race Tours
12-16-2012, 11:18 AM
1) Worldof Outlaws/Central Pa Sprints
2) Midgets NEMA/ARDC/USAC
3) Dirt 358s/Big Block Mods

RGeeProductions
12-16-2012, 02:06 PM
1. Pavement Modifieds.... :)
2. DIRT Modifieds
3. Outlaw Super Dirt late Models

DaFingz
12-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Super Late Models (Pro Stocks), because they were my favorite division as a kid and they remind me of Riverside Park Speedway.

Howie
12-17-2012, 09:23 AM
1. Pavement Modifieds (Gotta put them on here first.)
2. DIRT Modifieds
3. Outlaw Super Dirt late Models
4. Outlaw Sprint Cars

Axel
12-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Dirt Sprint cars (both kinds, 358 AND 410)
Super Modifieds
Dirt modifieds

Acadia
12-17-2012, 07:10 PM
There's something other than asphalt modified racing? ;)

rim runner
12-22-2012, 09:41 AM
410 Sprint Cars (especially in central PA) - last connection to racing of the past where if a driver screws up there is a good chance they will be doing some sheet time (or worst).

It still takes big balls to race a sprint car on dirt, while the pavement racing is pretty much buy what you need and follow the leader.

I find dirt racing in general more entertaining than pavement racing these days because there is still passing at dirt tracks, while pavement racing is just spec racing with promoters hoping fans don't notice how boring the racing has become.

Acadia
12-22-2012, 09:59 AM
I find dirt racing in general more entertaining than pavement racing these days because there is still passing at dirt tracks, while pavement racing is just spec racing with promoters hoping fans don't notice how boring the racing has become.

Well said!!!!

Groundpounder
12-23-2012, 09:39 AM
1. Asphalt mods
2. USAC (i.e. non-winged) sprints on dirt. Infinitely better racing than the winged slotcars.
3. MSA Supers (I specify MSA because ISMA and Oswego mandate that you use a $h!tvrolet engine)
4. ARDC midgets (again, they're wingless)
5. Dirt super late models
6. Big Block dirt mods (these used to be higher on my list, but the appearance of these has so turned me off lately that they've fallen a bit)
7. NEMA midgets
8. Pro4 mods
9. IMCA mods on dirt
10. Any stock bodied, stock chassis street stock type class with a hard skinny treaded tire on dirt or asphalt. The ss class at Mahoning is particularly good.

WEEZER
12-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Wow, not one mention of Dale Jr and his nascar buddies, other then daytona, dega and bristol most races are boring!

I love Demo's as much as the Mod tour and F1!!!