DaFingz
12-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Per NSS website, Modified pre entries as of 2/1/2013:

00 Ted Christopher
07 Patrick Emerling
2 JR Bertuccio
6 Ron Silk
8 Earl Paules
10 AJ Russell (sprint car/super modified driver from Clovis, CA) - anyone know whose ride this is?
13 Al Emmarino
22 Mike Stefanik
22 Chuck Hossfeld
44 Brandon Ward
58 Eric Goodale
59 Matt Hirschman
70 Andy Seuss
71 Jimmy Zacharias
73 Cole Powell
79 Woody Pitkat
82 Danny Watts
85 Louie Mechalides

fastbackss
01-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Good question - I wonder whose car that is too.

I didn't realise he won the Supermodified portion of the shootout a couple years back....

DaFingz
01-08-2013, 11:29 AM
here is a nice bio of him...

http://www.msrxtreme.com/index.php/xtreme-sprint-news/146-aj-russell-joins-msr-xtreme-sprint-series.html

Seems like a pretty talented driver, it will be interesting to see what he can do in a modified.

JWfor8x
01-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Per NSS website, Modified pre entries as of 1/7/2013:

10 AJ Russell (sprint car/super modified driver from Clovis, CA) - anyone know whose ride this is?
13 Al Emmarino
58 Eric Goodale
59 Matt Hirschman
79 Woody Pitkat

I don't know about the #10 at NSS, but photos of his supermodified show the #10.

DaFingz
01-11-2013, 12:10 PM
It's early but this could shape up to be a really nice field. If some of the usual faces like TC, Preece, Seuss, Emerling show up along with the rest of the Battle at the Beach entries you could have a pretty impressive field for the Richie Evans Memorial race.

MJProcko
01-12-2013, 10:34 PM
It looks like Stefanik will be at NSS so that's great news. Bobby Santos will be there too but so far only in his USAC car..... shame no mod ride.

DaFingz
01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
It looks like Stefanik will be at NSS so that's great news. Bobby Santos will be there too but so far only in his USAC car..... shame no mod ride.

The 44 is eligible for the Battle at the Beach so we can only hope they will make the trip down and maybe make a stop at NSS as well.

fastbackss
01-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Earl Paules in the 8 and Cole Powell in the 73 added...

Next Tuesday is the end of "pre-entries"

DaFingz
01-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Paules has also entered the Pro LM field and Thompson regular Larry Gelinas is entered in the SLM field.

Muffy
01-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Cole running the SLM also

Magicshoes12
02-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Now seeing that Santos is running Stefanik's backup at Daytona and Stefanik is on the NSS list. Will Santos drive Stefanik's backup at NSS too?? That would be cool

DaFingz
02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Now seeing that Santos is running Stefanik's backup at Daytona and Stefanik is on the NSS list. Will Santos drive Stefanik's backup at NSS too?? That would be cool

NorthEast Race Cars stated on their fb page that Stefanik was only running at NSS on the 15th and Santos wouldn't be running there at all. I guess it depends on how things shake out at Daytona, but I wouldn't want to risk wrecking 2 cars at Smyrna running for peanuts.

CASHCAD45
02-05-2013, 03:22 PM
My guess is BSIII's deal is a glorified start& park,pulling out at first signs of misfortune(if not a full fledged S&P)! As fo NSS Chris &Brad are too smart to risk 2 cars there.

Magicshoes12
02-06-2013, 07:04 AM
My guess is BSIII's deal is a glorified start& park,pulling out at first signs of misfortune(if not a full fledged S&P)! As fo NSS Chris &Brad are too smart to risk 2 cars there.

My personal opinion Santos would never be a start and park. Too much talent to start and park. It would be like having a guy like Stewart do a start and park.

RGeeProductions
02-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Starting to look like an Acadia clone......

Rich Mergl
02-07-2013, 05:27 AM
STARTING TO !!!
Talk about Negativity and Depression !!

Magicshoes12
02-07-2013, 07:34 AM

I honestly like how people are so negative about something that hasn't even happened yet LOL

jaFor
02-07-2013, 01:13 PM
... or maybe Acadia himself?????????

Rob29
02-08-2013, 06:26 AM

Where's he been?

Groundpounder
02-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Where's he been?

In the immortal words of Lou Cady, "poof, gone, bye bye!"

That's my guess anyway.

Axel
02-08-2013, 01:48 PM
anyone remember Expedition34 from the old MSS site? Ahhh, the good old days! ;^)

MJProcko
02-08-2013, 03:08 PM
18 entries with over half of them standing a chance to win each night, add to that the hold overs from Daytona and Wed night is going to rock. The SLM field is pretty stout also.

CuriousGeorge
02-08-2013, 06:37 PM
The two extra distance races should have better fields than theyve had in a few yrs

Sluggo44
02-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Anyone got any news on the entries for Daytona...whos going ? what the exact modified car count is?

DaFingz
02-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Anyone got any news on the entries for Daytona...whos going ? what the exact modified car count is?

NASCAR is supposed to be releasing the entry list for the Battle on the Beach tomorrow 2/11. The number of modified entries is rumored to be close to 30 cars.

Magicshoes12
02-11-2013, 06:56 AM
NASCAR is supposed to be releasing the entry list for the Battle on the Beach tomorrow 2/11. The number of modified entries is rumored to be close to 30 cars.
I'm going to guess 36 entries

CASHCAD45
02-11-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm going to guess 36 entries

Ny guess 27/28 unless you get a few backup car start & parkers.

RBH
02-12-2013, 12:04 AM
I've heard of a couple that haven't been mentioned so show up & see who they are!

jpj
02-12-2013, 01:44 PM

http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/8840

33 so far, plus a couple others not listed yet.

CASHCAD45
02-12-2013, 04:27 PM
http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/8840

33 so far, plus a couple others not listed yet.

Question is how many will actually show up? Or are some vain owner/ drivers just paying to get thier name in the Daytona program? We'll see, time will tell.

DaFingz
02-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Question is how many will actually show up? Or are some vain owner/ drivers just paying to get thier name in the Daytona program? We'll see, time will tell.

Just stop with the pessimism already. We get it, you don't like this event but no one wants to hear you sh*t on it every other day.

Tour fans ***** about lack of purses, lack of TV coverage and lack of new venues. The Battle is a nationally televised event with a nice purse and you still piss and moan about it. Is the track layout ideal? No. Is it a long haul for northern teams? Sure, but it is still a great opportunity for these teams to race at Daytona and get some much needed exposure. Not to mention the added benefit of the added cars for New Smyrna (what this thread is supposed to be about in the first place).

MOD11RACER
02-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Just stop with the pessimism already. We get it, you don't like this event but no one wants to hear you sh*t on it every other day.

Tour fans ***** about lack of purses, lack of TV coverage and lack of new venues. The Battle is a nationally televised event with a nice purse and you still piss and moan about it. Is the track layout ideal? No. Is it a long haul for northern teams? Sure, but it is still a great opportunity for these teams to race at Daytona and get some much needed exposure. Not to mention the added benefit of the added cars for New Smyrna (what this thread is supposed to be about in the first place).

Agreed.

Love it. Tell it like it is.

This is good for Modifieds, NSS and Daytona.

Leaving today can't wait to see some racing..

CASHCAD45
02-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Agreed.

I'll be THE most posive person in the world when i see that heat race line up at Riverhed in Sept!!!!

RGeeProductions
02-14-2013, 01:57 AM
I'll be THE most posive person in the world when i see that heat race line up at Riverhed in Sept!!!!

And on that note...
WE GET IT...
DROP IT...

Groundpounder
02-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Agreed.

Bottom line is, if you thought the tv show "Madhouse" was good for modifieds, then you think this race will be as well. The racing will be much like Bowman-Gray since the turns are even tighter. Go on Google Earth and measure the distance from the frontstretch wall to the backstretch wall at Bowman Gray and then at the Daytona 4/10 mile. I get about 275' at BGS and roughly 240' at Daytona. Those are some super tight flat turns, especially with all the added speed they'll be carrying from the longer straights. Riverhead is actually tighter than BGS at 255', but the banking there makes up for it. If the "Madhouse" image is what Nascar wants to present to the world as modified racing, then this event will be a resounding success. JMHO

CASHCAD45
02-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Bottom line is, if you thought the tv show "Madhouse" was good for modifieds, then you think this race will be as well. The racing will be much like Bowman-Gray since the turns are even tighter. Go on Google Earth and measure the distance from the frontstretch wall to the backstretch wall at Bowman Gray and then at the Daytona 4/10 mile. I get about 275' at BGS and roughly 240' at Daytona. Those are some super tight flat turns, especially with all the added speed they'll be carrying from the longer straights. Riverhead is actually tighter than BGS at 255', but the banking there makes up for it. If the "Madhouse" image is what Nascar wants to present to the world as modified racing, then this event will be a resounding success. JMHO

Thank tou for making my point. I actually beliieve" Madhouse" hurt the WMT,almost all of my nonracing family &friends asked me how I could spend so much time on a circus like that! P.S. BG isn,t a real racetrack either.

MJProcko
02-14-2013, 10:39 AM

I measued all those too when it was first announced which is why I thought this race was taylor made for BG/Riverhead racers.

CASHCAD45
02-14-2013, 11:16 AM
I measued all those too when it was first announced which is why I thought this race was taylor made for BG/Riverhead racers.

If its like "The Head" it could be real good,like BG not so much.

Axel
02-14-2013, 12:49 PM
the only way to know for sure is to see what happens....

Groundpounder
02-14-2013, 01:01 PM
If it had any banking at all, it would have a chance of being more like Riverhead. But it's completely flat, which IMO, will make it much like BGS.

MJProcko
02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
If it had any banking at all, it would have a chance of being more like Riverhead. But it's completely flat, which IMO, will make it much like BGS.

Depending on where the drainage basins are located there could very well be negative banking....

MJProcko
02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
and the odifieds have taken to the track for practice.... well 2 of them anyways.

speed 51 reports that of the 8 mods through tech so far Ricky Brooks has already confiscated 3 carbs that he will keep until the end of the week..... I hope no one packs up and goes home...

BBL
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Ricky Brooks is doing his job...good for him

MJProcko
02-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Word has surfaced on who'll be down a carb for the week - TC, Hirschman & Paules.

CASHCAD45
02-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Word has surfaced on who'll be down a carb for the week - TC, Hirschman & Paules.

Thats why I'm sceptical of that entry list. Thereare at least 2 entries that i know will need a miracle to get the cars they have through WMT tech.

Groundpounder
02-14-2013, 04:08 PM
I think anyone who is entered for the Daytona race is fully aware of what they have to do to pass a Nascar inspection. This here was a case of teams trying to get away with what they've always gotten away with at New Smyrna. Not gonna happen with the new sheriff in town. And that can only be a positive thing for the future of mods at NSS.

CASHCAD45
02-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Sorry I thought they were talking about Bash at the Beach cars , my bad! The cars i'm talking about aren't tour guys(NSS&other tour regulars) and will be looking for WMT legal motors if they are as strict over there as they seem to be @ NSS.And i think they will be.