PDA

View Full Version : Is the rolll cage rule the dumbest rule or am I missing something???

PIT BULL
02-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Maximum of 4 pt cage???? So I have to be less safe for what reason??? Does someone actually think a 6pt cage in a 4/6 car is going to better it by that much that they would sacrifice safety. Am I missing something or is this simply a dumb a$$ rule???

TTOR
02-09-2013, 04:43 PM
I ran with a 6-point cage last season in my Saturn and they never said a word about it, and they've had that rule for years. The rule really applies more to the 8 cyl's. They don't want guys using the roll cage as a way to stiffen the chassis.

PIT BULL
02-09-2013, 08:08 PM
I ran with a 6-point cage last season in my Saturn and they never said a word about it, and they've had that rule for years. The rule really applies more to the 8 cyl's. They don't want guys using the roll cage as a way to stiffen the chassis.

Im a different story, I need to follow ALL the rules. They are taped to the windshield of my new 4/6 car just so I can make sure my car is %100 legit. Wouldnt want to get DQed,, Again. lol I really think they need to change the cage rule. I just bought a real cool pipe bender.plasma cutter and tig welder. Want to use them as much as possible.

TTOR
02-09-2013, 08:22 PM
I agree, it's a stupid rule. Safety should come first. You can probably make a lot of money using that stuff building cages for other guys. I see people looking for custom cages all the time.

PIT BULL
02-10-2013, 08:26 AM
I agree, it's a stupid rule. Safety should come first. You can probably make a lot of money using that stuff building cages for other guys. I see people looking for custom cages all the time.

You have been to my shops. Do you really think I want to to buld cages for other cars? I have enough crap to do in a day. I dont know why people look so hard as there are at least 5 guys right in Nassau who do it. Maybye people just dont wanna spend the money for a good cage guy.

deathwishracin1
02-15-2013, 12:27 AM

You got lucky Greg. I've seen cars with a 4 point roll bar (not a cage) that a driver added a door bar to the driver front door. Track deemed it a 5 point cage and made him cut one out. A 6 point cage will add to safety as well as chassis stiffening in ANY car, not just a full frame 8 cyl.

I'm not sure why this is suddenly a concern. The max 4 point cage rule has been in effect as long as enduros have run at Riverhead in every class except the grands (maybe trucks, I haven't checked). It's not new. At this point it's like any proposed change to the rules. Suggest it as a rule change for 2014, they won't amend it for this season. Several ideas were brought up at the demo meeting and the answer was "maybe for 2014" for every one.

PIT BULL
02-17-2013, 08:08 PM
The concern isnt sudden, I am building a new car and when I do I tape the rules to the windshield of the car. My guys asked me WTF was the deal with that rule and I figured I would ask if I was missing something. It would be nice to have a meeting for this up coming season for the enduro guys. Maybe they would change the cage rule.