PDA

View Full Version : Update from New Smyrna World Series Race Weeks

JED
02-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Update from New Smyrna World Series Race Weeks47th Annual World Series of Asphalt Stock Car Racing at New Smyrna will be officially starting today. “TheChromeHorn” team will be on site and provide live coverage during New Smyrna Speedweeks
Here is a list of the NASCAR type modifieds that pre-registered for World Series:Car/Drivers/Hometown
0 Ted Christopher, Plainville, Connecticut
1 Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N. Carolina
2 J.R. Bertuccio, Statesville, New York
4 Jason Myers ,Walnut Cove, N. Carolina
6 Ron Silk, Norwalk, Connecticut
7 Patrick Emerling, Orchard Park, New York
8 Earl Paules ,Palmerton, Pennsylvania
10 A.J. Russell ,Clovis, California
13 Al Emmarino, Brook Haven, New York
22 Mike Stefanik ,Coventry, Rhode Island
22 Chuck Hossfeld, Lockport, New York
44 Brandon Ward, Winston-Salem, N. Carolina
58 Eric Goodale, Wading River, New York
59 Matt Hirschman, Northampton, Pennsylvania
70 Andy Seuss, Hampstead, New Hampshire
71 Jimmy Zacharias, Candor, New York
73 Cole Powell, Mt Brydges, Ontario
79 Woody Pitkat ,Stafford Springs, Connecticut
82 Danny Watts. Wading River, New York
85 Louie Mechalides ,Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
Track Update: Practice for all divisions was cut short on Thursday, February 14th, when rain settled in on the state of Florida. Drivers headed to their pits and crews packed up for the day.
NASCAR Modifieds that came out for limited practice were: Patrick Emerling, Ryan Preece, Matt Hirschman, J.R. Bertuccio, Chuck Hossfeld, Danny Watts, Earl Paules and Al Emmarino.
Quickest recorded time for the limited session was #59 Matt Hirschman--17.808.
Today’s planned schedule is:Friday, February 15, Night 1
Super Late Models - 35 laps
NASCAR Modifieds - 35 laps
Pro Late Models - 35 laps
FL/IMCA Type Modifieds - 35 laps

MJProcko
02-15-2013, 04:04 PM
TC done for the week @ NSS?!?

didims
02-15-2013, 04:25 PM
TC done for the week @ NSS?!?

After last year's temper tantrum that would be interesting to blow the motor day 1.

Groundpounder
02-15-2013, 06:33 PM
The engine can't run with a legal carb on it?

BBL
02-15-2013, 08:45 PM
There was NO tantum last year...we chose to leave on our own...you get tired of all the BS..it all goes down to the fact that a certain person could not beat him so he had to try something else

MJProcko
02-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Looks like They got the motor together - good thing, field a little light before Wed.

uticamike
02-16-2013, 08:52 AM
There was NO tantum last year...we chose to leave on our own...you get tired of all the BS..it all goes down to the fact that a certain person could not beat him so he had to try something else

That certain person isn't there this year yet TC/ Brady still had trouble in tech. One wonders why?

Brooksie takes 3 carbs in the Modifieds and DQ's the top two finishers in the Late Model race.

Night one and it looks like the sheriff is laying down the law. Actual rule enforcement at NSS. What a concept.

Groundpounder
02-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Looks like They got the motor together - good thing, field a little light before Wed.

Heard they borrowed an engine from another team.

Ricky Brooks is the best thing to happen to New Smyrna in a long time.

MJProcko
02-16-2013, 01:29 PM

Very suprised that they would go down with just one motor.

That is why Ricky Brooks is sought out to tech virtually every big SLM race in the SE.

BOBBY
02-16-2013, 02:00 PM
What a great run by woody pitkat .and the 79 hillbilly team...congratulation guys...just what the team needed...

BigMac
02-16-2013, 02:45 PM

The car counts will only rise at NSS in the years to come if teams know the rules are going to be enforced. An even playing field is really all anybody wants.

CASHCAD45
02-16-2013, 02:48 PM
What a great run by woody pitkat .and the 79 hillbilly team...congratulation guys...just what the team needed...

Round one to a ligit WMT team!!! The BEST one the rest none:-)~!!!!

MJProcko
02-16-2013, 05:42 PM
any word on what is up with Stefanik not running today?

CASHCAD45
02-16-2013, 06:06 PM
any word on what is up with Stefanik not running today?

Iwas told the next race planned @ NSS for the 22team is RE memorial.

kinserfan11
02-16-2013, 07:53 PM
never mind

Bob T. Racer
02-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Iwas told the next race planned @ NSS for the 22team is RE memorial.

Only went to Smyrna to shake the car down for Daytona.

Groundpounder
02-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Round one to a ligit WMT team!!! The BEST one the rest none:-)~!!!!

Round 2 has 2 "legit" RoC cars in the top 2 spots, how 'bout that?! :)

CASHCAD45
02-17-2013, 12:30 PM
Round 2 has 2 "legit" RoC cars in the top 2 spots, how 'bout that?! :)

We'll let'm have a crumb now, take the BIG BANANAS on wed when theBIG BOYS show up!:D

RGeeProductions
02-17-2013, 03:50 PM
We'll let'm have a crumb now, take the BIG BANANAS on wed when theBIG BOYS show up!:D

So Hirschman, Goodale, Hossfeld, Christopher and Pitkat are not "BIG BOYS"?

CASHCAD45
02-17-2013, 04:01 PM
So Hirschman, Goodale, Hossfeld, Christopher and Pitkat are not "BIG BOYS"?

I'll give you one maybe two of those, but when a few more of the "complete" WMT tour teams show up later in the week the odds shift decidedly in our(WMT,driversw/thier WMT teams) favor:lol:

Rich Mergl
02-17-2013, 04:45 PM
I'll give you one maybe two of those, but when a few more of the "complete" WMT tour teams show up later in the week the odds shift decidedly in our(WMT,driversw/thier WMT teams) favor:lol:

DEAR GOD ! Where do I find the Beverage you drink.

shep 06
02-17-2013, 06:07 PM
And which 2 would they be?

BigMac
02-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Matt Hirschman wasn't offended. He's still counting the cash he made beating up on the WMT guys in the open shows last year. I'd bet dollar to donuts that one of the cars already at NSS wins Wednesday night.

CASHCAD45
02-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Matt Hirschman wasn't offended. He's still counting the cash he made beating up on the WMT guys in the open shows last year. I'd bet dollar to donuts that one of the cars already at NSS wins Wednesday night.
I prefer them from Donut Dip,W. Springfield Ma.,$4.81per half dz! PS. only 2 of the above listed drivers are with thier WMT teams so it's a prosses of elimination. With me racing is a TEAM sport not just drivers& WMT teams are the cream of the proverbial crop.

RacnJason00
02-17-2013, 07:43 PM
dear god ! Where do i find the beverage you drink.

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uticamike
02-17-2013, 08:05 PM
I prefer them from Donut Dip,W. Springfield Ma.,$4.81per half dz! PS. only 2 of the above listed drivers are with thier WMT teams so it's a prosses of elimination. With me racing is a TEAM sport not just drivers& WMT teams are the cream of the proverbial crop.

I agree with you on that it is a team sport. I was part of the Hirschman team that beat those other WMT teams out of the pits at Star and Seekonk. Might come as a surprise to you but us lowly ROC guys take our racing seriously too. Some of you Whelen bigots are too much.

CASHCAD45
02-17-2013, 09:29 PM

I agree with you on that it is a team sport. I was part of the Hirschman team that beat those other WMT teams out of the pits at Star and Seekonk. Might come as a surprise to you but us lowly ROC guys take our racing seriously too. Some of you Whelen bigots are too much.

AWW Come on now, we're all friends here. I prefer snob ,bigot is such a harsh word ,and i did lend a hand to Bruce Driver at one time.

RacnJason00
02-17-2013, 10:21 PM
AWW Come on now, we're all friends here..

No we are not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bud
02-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Lol. Dont need me or the big A

CASHCAD45
02-21-2013, 01:37 PM
TOUR teams 2 the rest 1 Can't wait till Fri. night!]

BigMac
02-21-2013, 02:34 PM
There were only 14 teams that ran the JBIII race last night. I know there was a lot of carnage the night before but 14 cars is weak. So much for Daytona boosting the car count at NSS. They actually had less cars than last year.

redliner
02-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Hossfeld was DQd for illegal gears after finishing 2nd so Andy Seuss and the rest of the field moved up. Seuss was second in qualifying behind Hossfeld. I wonder who would have won the pole had Hossfield been running legal gears?

CASHCAD45
02-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Hossfeld was DQd for illegal gears after finishing 2nd so Andy Seuss and the rest of the field moved up. Seuss was second in qualifying behind Hossfeld. I wonder who would have won the pole had Hossfield been running legal gears?

WHAAT! A RoC car illegal I'm SHOOCKED! and disapointed:angel:

MJProcko
02-21-2013, 05:04 PM

atleast Hossfeld did not pack up and go home - he is right back there today racing... although no one had anything for Woody last night.

BigMac
02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Now comes word that the Twin 150's at Daytona will be run in prime time next year. NSS has to just love that.

MOD11RACER
02-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Now comes word that the Twin 150's at Daytona will be run in prime time next year. NSS has to just love that.

It will hurt the big track for sure.

uticamike
02-21-2013, 10:06 PM
TOUR teams 2 the rest 1 Can't wait till Fri. night!]

TOUR teams? Hillbilly/Pitkat is one team. That's called a stretch. Chuckie is legal tonight but didn't go home.

Where is TC? Steffy? Zig Zag?....... Where are the Mars boyz? Without Matty there now the Whelen guys have

a chance. :lol: looks like Chuck, Earl and Jimmy Z will have to give Pitkat a run. :applause: IF..if he gets tossed for something

this week you owe me lunch. :wave:

CASHCAD45
02-22-2013, 10:36 AM
TOUR teams? Hillbilly/Pitkat is one team. That's called a stretch. Chuckie is legal tonight but didn't go home.

Where is TC? Steffy? Zig Zag?....... Where are the Mars boyz? Without Matty there now the Whelen guys have

a chance. :lol: looks like Chuck, Earl and Jimmy Z will have to give Pitkat a run. :applause: IF..if he gets tossed for something

this week you owe me lunch. :wave:

3 to 1:-B! I have faith in David Hill so i'm cool with lunch. If a TOUR car wins tonight I'll take coffee & donut;)

BOBBY
02-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Isn't woody doing a.really good job ..what a wheel man .really a diference . They should have a good year ..this is a good team..

The Bullfather
02-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Hotels, have you seen the prices??? :-B

BigMac
02-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Only 13 cars for 100 tonight.

CASHCAD45
02-22-2013, 10:14 PM
BOOOYAAA!!!! WMT teams RULE NSS!!The BIG BOYZ came and took the cash, the cream always rises to th top:applause:

CASHCAD45
02-23-2013, 08:07 PM
WMT team wins NSS championship!! Now that this sad week is over i think it's finally time to smell the coffee and drop the mods from NSS, if they couldn't attract more than 14 cars on their best night THIS year I don't see it getting better anytime soon. Do we sadly have to watch it drop to 4 or 5 cars like the "SK'S" before a fork is mercifly put in it?

BOBBY
02-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Congrulation to woody pitkat and the 79 hillbilly team...good to see you back..have a great year...

worm
02-24-2013, 09:20 AM
you hit it right on the head cashcad45

uticamike
02-24-2013, 11:20 AM
WMT team wins NSS championship!! Now that this sad week is over i think it's finally time to smell the coffee and drop the mods from NSS, if they couldn't attract more than 14 cars on their best night THIS year I don't see it getting better anytime soon. Do we sadly have to watch it drop to 4 or 5 cars like the "SK'S" before a fork is mercifly put in it?

I think it could go the other way. It looks like "Sheriff" Ricky Brooks is enforcing the rulebook ( a novel concept) and it may entice some teams

to come back. You want to talk low car count which is bad I agree but the racing by all accounts was pretty good. It didn't help having Matt sidelined

for the final 4 nights. A better purse would help too.

CASHCAD45
02-24-2013, 11:36 AM
I think it could go the other way. It looks like "Sheriff" Ricky Brooks is enforcing the rulebook ( a novel concept) and it may entice some teams

to come back. You want to talk low car count which is bad I agree but the racing by all accounts was pretty good. It didn't help having Matt sidelined

You have some valid points. 1 or 2 more years are probablly a good idea ,with the new "sherifff". This was the first time ever that I came away feeling legal cars won the races. Todays economy isn't helping either alot of team are strechted to the limit to get through the regular season. Hopefuly times will get better and a rising tide will lift all boats.

Bob T. Racer
02-24-2013, 11:10 PM

I think the racing this year was good even with the low car counts. One reason the car counts were low is because the new sheriff had a new carb. tool that was different from NASCARs. He bounced a lot of carbs early in the week that were passed by NASCAR a couple of days later! People that raced at Daytona figured they wouldn't go to Smyrna for fear that their carb. wouldn't pass tech. If he gets in line with NASCAR with the rules it will be a plus for everyone involved. It was nice watching the races this year without a bunch of cheating going on!!!

HoosierDaddy1
02-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Haven't been to New Smyrna the last couple years (probably start back up next year). If I had to bet, next year you may see those three races on the back straight at Daytona, at New Smyrna. Even with TV coverage, those races sucked. Why else would New Smyrna join NASCARs weekly program. You have to admit, that NASCAR has not had much of a presence in short track racing in the Sunshine state until this year. And with the economy the way it is, New Smyrna could cut the World Series back a few days. Would help race teams and fans. JMO

MJProcko
02-25-2013, 01:12 PM
Haven't been to New Smyrna the last couple years (probably start back up next year). If I had to bet, next year you may see those three races on the back straight at Daytona, at New Smyrna. Even with TV coverage, those races sucked. Why else would New Smyrna join NASCARs weekly program. You have to admit, that NASCAR has not had much of a presence in short track racing in the Sunshine state until this year. And with the economy the way it is, New Smyrna could cut the World Series back a few days. Would help race teams and fans. JMO

I agree, the race would be 100x better down the road at NSS, it's not going to happen. After the race Tuesday night, I had the pleasure of speaking with a race official off the record. Real good guy and refreshingly honest. I posed the same question about moving the race to NSS and he said as much as he'd like to see it, it won't happen. The whole idea of the race was to get people to Daytona for those two days as well as keep them for the weekend races as well. He also said that Nascar was quite pleased with the races minus the actual racing (he even apologized for the number of cautions) and figures it's about 95% that it will be back next year.

So naturally our talk turned to the layout and he said they will change something but doesn't think Daytona will go as far as I suggested about moving the wall back to the lake, they will do something. (After Saturday I believe this would be the last thing on the mind of Nascar for a long time.)

I also suggested, now that NSS is a Nascar track would it not be wise to make the Evans or JBIII memorial at NSS a combo tour race in addition to the Battle, he just smiled and nodded his head. We were on the same page!

As for NSS itself, I think they are in a pickle as far as the modifeds go. If you go to NSS during the week you can see that atleast half of the folks there are to see the modifieds with the exception of the last night. Starting 12 modifieds and 28 to 32 SLMs & PLMs each night tells where the compitition is. I would concentrate more on them. They already have some of the biggest names in SLM racing there and the youngsters with significant backing looking for Nascar rides are more than willing to go there and showcase their skills. Replace the other modified nights with PASS, ACT, CRA & the new SSS along with a Florida UPLM race and you got somthing worth paying 30 bucks a night for. NSS has already gone out on a limb though by joining Nascar an because speedweeks is what keeps it open the rest of the year I don't anticipate much in the way of change.

BigMac
02-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Some good insight. I'm a little shocked that the event might return to be honest. I would imagine it creates a problem for NSS though if it does. Especially with the 150's moving to prime time next year. They would be going up against Daytona virtually every single night of the week.