PDA

View Full Version : 03/22/13 - Lee USA Speedway opens 28th ACT season

RGeeProductions
03-22-2013, 11:29 PM
As the American Canadian Tour’s 28th season shifts into full gear, teams prepare for the opening race on April 13/14 at Lee USA Speedway in Lee, NH. After one of the closest point battles in ACT history in 2012, eventual Champion Wayne Helliwell, Jr. edged out 8-time ACT Champion Brian Hoar with a victory in the season finale, and will look to continue his momentum at the Lee opener in 2013.

Helliwell will be challenged by ACT star Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., who got his start in full-bodied stock cars at Lee USA Speedway. While Helliwell has amassed 8 track championships at Lee USA, he remains in search of his first ACT victory at his home track. Polewarczyk won the opener at Lee in 2008.

“I’m excited just to get started,” said Polewarczyk. “We’re focused, the car is ready, and the team and I are ready to go. We should have won at Lee in last year’s race. We can’t wait for the opener to get the championship chase underway,” he finished.

Though both drivers had a shot to win last year’s event, it was Hoar who took the honors, making it back-to-back victories in season openers at Lee. Hoar, along with 7-time ACT Champion Jean-Paul Cyr, will look to play the role of spoiler in 2013, but even that doesn’t scare 2012 ACT Rookie of the Year Jimmy Hebert who has been chomping at the bit to get started.

“We’ve got a brand new car this year, and with the momentum we built last year, I feel very good about where we are,” said Hebert. “We want more in 2013, and it starts with Lee,” he finished.

The victory at Lee USA Speedway will likely have to go through veteran ACT racer Brent Dragon – who finished in the top five in ACT point standings last season for the 15th time – and will be challenging for the title once again in 2013. Lee has proven to be full of surprises though, opening the door for drivers like Tiverton, RI’s Ray Parent who look to make a statement.

“We’ve got a brand new Distance Chassis race car this year, and we’ve got our first ACT win at the New Hampshire Invitational under our belts. We know we can get it done, so I’m excited to get back to Lee for the opener,” he finished.

The 28th American Canadian Tour season kicks off at Lee USA Speedway on the weekend of April 13/14.

For more information, head to www.acttour.com, call the ACT office at (802) 244-6963, or email us at media@acttour.com.

Lee USA Speedway