PDA

View Full Version : Practice Day at Grandview this Saturday

KennyWallace81
03-26-2013, 02:36 PM
I've never been to one of the practice days. If any of you have, let me know how they run it and if it's worth going to.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to get back behind the wheel!!!

Kenny#81

Philter39
03-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Aloha I have been to Gview practice day b4 Generally you may/will get say 3-4 times on the track at about 4-5 laps each time out. Last time I went Kenny decided to water the track 2 of my times on the track. My recomendation is to go ONLY if you feel your car needs to be run to look for any major problems or maybe a new car.. As far as getting any true track time to worthwhile out of it probably not. If you have never been on the track before it would be worth test day. Or if you are really jonesing to get the adrenalin rush by all means go. Me I am going to the shore.I test my cars in the field behind my property Remember you are an enduro driver and we are still the illegitiment child. JMO.
phil

KennyWallace81
03-27-2013, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the info Phil. I think the ocean may be a little chilly this time of year, but hey, you're an enduro racer, you can take it!

I think, I'll just make a day of it and go watch some of the practice at GV, go to Zerns for some shopping and then go karting at Arnold for a little "seat time". BTW - this will probably be my last enduro season as my company is sending me off the New Hampshire sometime this year. Still have plenty of details to iron out. It'll be very close to New Hampshire Intl. Speedway, so at least I'll be able to watch some racing.

Philter39
03-27-2013, 06:23 PM
look for enduros up there. I did watch a 4 cyl enduro there a decade ago. phil

BIGDADDY64
03-29-2013, 09:49 AM
is any of our governing officials going to be at grandview
on Saturday just wondering