PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust rule change ?

Philter39
07-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Aloha Chuck.

Is the exhaust rule change in effect for the July 14th race ? phil

Easy E
07-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Yes, it is

Philter39
07-06-2013, 07:43 AM
I suppose I have missed seeing it on the forum or website. phil

Justen6x
07-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Do they have to be STOCK headers or can they be aftermarket.

Easy E
07-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Do they have to be STOCK headers or can they be aftermarket.

There are aftermarket headers, but bare bones here guys nothing spec. or stage , nothing, just a simple 11/2 set bolt on and go, if they are fancy or they don't fit full length, chasis style, it will be no good

Travisg25
07-08-2013, 09:55 AM
What exactly is the reasoning for allowing headers? Not bashing or anything, just a question of curiosity.

Easy E
07-08-2013, 11:30 AM
If the racers racing don't have a problem with it, why are the racers NOT racing have a problem?? That's my question!! We had 30 plus racers in the last few years in each class, FACT, Now we don't, The ones that are coming to every race would like to have a little more fun. And make alittle more noise. So I'm gonna let these guys play alittle bit more. Thank You too The Ones That Have Supported me and my Series So Far!!

Justen6x
07-08-2013, 04:14 PM
I hate to be the one to state this but to me, headers are a performance part. If they had to be stock I would be ok with it. People don't have the money to come race with us nor do they have the money to go buy headers. Were running enduro cars not roadrunners. Cheaper is better. I think it should be voted on.

Philter39
07-08-2013, 07:13 PM
I agree with Justen. I will NOT be bolting headers on my Pontiac. I will keep my car a true old school enduro car. phil

CAPTAIN
07-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Bolt on chevy headers at summit $142.00 for the set. I really do not think that 142.00 is gonna break anyone. If you cant afford to buy them, then you probally should not be racing. If that is a deal breaker, then do not buy them. No one said you must put them on. I do not make the rules, but i will use them to my advantage as should you all. This is my opinion. I did not post to start an arguement. JMO Good luck on sunday!!!

glassmanjtf
07-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Just my 2 cents, but how about we get the car counts up so we can keep this series alive.

Travisg25
07-08-2013, 10:28 PM
First off Chuck I said I did not have a problem with it. IT WAS CURIOUSTY. I am still in the process of putting this new car together and was planning on coming out as soon as possible. I am not bringing my charger out, paying to race and getting my ass whipped because its not fast enough. After reading that post you said it now makes me think twice about coming. I actually took offense to that and it wasnt really respectful. What if there are other outstanding reasons that I wouldnt make it to the races? Its nothing personal towards you or running your series. I am 18 years old. I just graduated and just started a full time job. If I had been working full time instead of being in school, I would be at your races. I do apologize for not being there but I am doing everything i can to get that god damn car on the track. During school I waited 2 weeks for each pay check, and over half of it went towards food and gas to get myself back to school and work. Now that I am working full time things are picking up. And I was plannig on being there in August and September, now of course thinking twice of that after that post. So I am sorry I am not a kid that gets everything handed to them like every other kid these days. Every single cent going into that car is coming out of my very small pocket and I do what I can to get out there and race. Sorry Chuck.

KennyWallace81
07-09-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm putting an engine in the 6 cyl. that Dave Bentley ran a couple of times (never finished). I was planning on running it once or twice and then putting it up for sale when I leave the area in Sep. I'm sure I'm not going to get much sympathy here, but it'll make this mildy competetive car, completely non-competitive once everyone starts running headers in an effort to keep up with the front runners. Headers for my car start at $400+ and up from there. My pockets may be slightly bigger than Travis' but they aren't that big.

Please consider this before making these performance type rules changes. I used to run at Bridgeport in the 4 cyl. stock class. By the timeI left racing there (cost was definitely an issue) we were putting about $6000 into the engines alone just to be competitive in a "stock" class. All for about $200 to win (on a good night).

If you keep going this route, this is what WILL happen. "Drivers" will say, now that I have headers, I need a newer bigger carb, to make it run better$$, then the car will be too fast to handle, so all kinds of aftermarket suspension parts will be allowed$$, then it'll be something else$$, than something else, etc, etc, etc. $$$ Then you know what'll happen... the class will continue to decline and everyone will start pointing fingers. The promoter will say, why aren't the drivers promoting the series, the drivers with $$$ will say screw the other drivers (if you can't afford to race, maybe you shouldn't race). The drivers on the edge will continue to drop out or just run once in a while or look for another track to run at.

Stop now, go back to what NEETS was all about, fun and affordable racing. Stock should mean stock. Believe me, there are plenty of classes at other tracks that would love for you to race at their track with their "real" race cars under their rules. Those few who want to step up to the next level, please do so.

One last thing to consider is that eventually, someone has to start thinking about the future of enduros where ALL the cars will be 4 or 6 cylinder FWD cars. I haven't seen too many 1978 Monte Carlos being built lately. The 8 clylinder cars racing today will be the racing with the "Legends" cars in a few years.

Wouldn't that be fun to have one race with all 4/6's running together and maybe having 50 or 60 or more cars on the track and maybe doing 200 laps a race. That would be much closer to the enduro racing of old that everyone seems to miss.

Too much time on my hands today.

ThePill
07-09-2013, 04:47 PM
What happens if everyone goes out and gets new higher performance headers?

Everyone spends $142, everyone gets a little faster, and everyone is still on the same playing field.

Wouldn't it be easier to leave the playing field how it is and save everyone $142?

Philter39
07-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Kenny Exactly why I built a 4 cylinder car. They cost way less to build/buy/repair/maintain. They seem like the future to me also. At the end of race day preparation and heads up driving is what makes the biggest difference. phil

punchy
07-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Kenny, you said a mouth full. What was wrong with the NEETS rules? Except the guys who were running this high performance stuff last year is legal this year. I feel bad for the 8cyl class, It seems like a lot of money to be putting into this type of hobby. To all those guys, maybe look into a late model on a Saturday night at Grandview or Road runner at Big Diamond.....seems pretty equivalent. JMO

greenflag
07-09-2013, 10:03 PM
I just hope the car counts in both classes will improve as the season progresses. I tip my cap to all of the drivers who have been competing in enduros at Grandview Speedway since it started back in 2008. We have seen some terrific races over the past several seasons all thanks to the guys and gals that have competed at the speedway. I keep trying to tell people that this brand of racing is top notch. Thanks again to everyone who has supported enduro racing, this fan certainly appreciates it. Hope to see many of you this Sunday at Grandview.

glassmanjtf
07-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Thank You Gary,
Your a great announcer !! Don't know how you remember each name and number but you do a great job !!