PDA

View Full Version : Great Race

MOD JUNKIE
07-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Was good to watch the New Hamsphire race on speed with many lead changes and hard racing. Congrats to Coby. TC had a monster of a motor but after mid way tire and adjustments it lost it's grip but still a second place. Preece was hooked up through the turns better tan anyone in the second half but Coby used the draft and timed it well. How about Andy Suess with a third place finish coming up from down south, well done. Not many post on here these days but I wanted to put this in being such a good race.

RGeeProductions
07-14-2013, 12:49 PM
I agree. The first half was nice and calm with no cautions. The second half was a lot of awesome racing. Only real issue was Newman having a run on the restart and clipping Santos. Unfortunate, but it did look like Santos didn't get up to speed as soon as Newman.

BigMac
07-14-2013, 02:51 PM
It was indeed a great race. The last 15 laps were as good as it gets. Has the 3 been running Earnhardt-Childress engines all year or was that a deal just for NHMS? I thought the Ford engine was the preferred motor for NHMS?

worm
07-14-2013, 02:59 PM
no more/its chevy or spec at nh

JWfor8x
07-14-2013, 04:42 PM
I agree. The first half was nice and calm with no cautions. The second half was a lot of awesome racing. Only real issue was Newman having a run on the restart and clipping Santos. Unfortunate, but it did look like Santos didn't get up to speed as soon as Newman.

I also agree that it was a great race. I wish that I could have been there to see it live but was very glad that it was televised on SPEED. According to the announcers on SPEED, Newman came on the radio and said it was his fault that he got into Santos. It happens, people make mistakes. The racing for the win was ridiculously good and after what happened at Riverhead, it had to be very gratifying for the #52 team to come out with the victory.

limodmaniac
07-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks JW for the check I just received for our Sept 14 Riverhead race!

Watching that race at Loudon in person, sitting on the edge of my seat, watching every moment like a hawk, I knew I was watching the best race of the weekend at Loudon. These guys are amazing!

WEEZER
07-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Awesome race and hw ryan preece doing well in the mod and nationwide race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbonez21
07-15-2013, 11:26 AM

Great race! It was fun watching TC & Pennink swap the lead for the first half of the race. Coby and Preece also worked their way up well from the back.

On the Newman clip, if you watch Santos on the restart for some reason he had his "chrome horn" right on the bumper of the car in front of him. This is why he got such a bad restart, not sure why he was following so closely but that's ultimately where the blame lays.

JWfor8x
07-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks JW for the check I just received for our Sept 14 Riverhead race!

Watching that race at Loudon in person, sitting on the edge of my seat, watching every moment like a hawk, I knew I was watching the best race of the weekend at Loudon. These guys are amazing!

You're welcome. The feeling that I have gptten being able to help you help these guys is pretty special. I'm glad that you and everyone else who was able to attend had such a terrific race to witness.