PDA

View Full Version : Monadnock Tour race - July 27

limodmaniac
07-22-2013, 12:07 PM
One of the first tracks for me off of Long Island.. Used to go here semi weekly during the summer back when Jerry Marquis and the 44 team would race up there. Always has been one of my favorites.

Last year, was proud to get Teddy Bear Pools and Spas on board as a sponsor of the race.

Thank you Ted Hebert again for that!!!

BigMac
07-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Hope to see the place packed like the old days tomorrow. Should be a great night for some bullring racing.

CuriousGeorge
07-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Agreed, I cant wait to get there.

limodmaniac
07-26-2013, 08:30 PM
I'll save you a seat in the main grandstands AJ, just to the left of the start finish line, in the old Riverside Park Speedway chairbacks!

BigMac
07-28-2013, 02:45 PM
What a great race. Huge crowd on hand to witness a some good hard racing. Hope to see Monadnock back on the schedule next July. There was only one lead change but several drivers made things interesting all night. My only jeer on the night is to Nascar for throwing the yellow for the 26 and 4 when neither spun out. They also need to do away with the lucky dog with under 25 laps to go. It slows the show. Everyone was on the edge of their seats last night and the extended yellows at the end were not well received.

bud
07-29-2013, 03:22 AM
A FEW RANDOM THOUGHTS

Was a great race. G,ood to see a crowd like the old days. Larry and Fred deserve a huge round of applause for taking the risk to have these guys! Very glad to see Justin win. Been a couple tough yrs for those guys. Donnie Lia lol. I love the missle but..... Thinking being late for a drivers meeting cost Rowin the win. He was flying at the end! Agree with that lucky dog comment. Good to finally see a true 200! Great to have Ben and Joe doing the play by play. Seems things might be on the upswing for the tour with the new director in charge. Soooo about the 79 Dont get me wrong I think Woody is Awesomr but I sure Dont see the average finish for that car any better then they were with Jon driving that car. Thinking it wasn't LACK of aggrestion as Woody has that when he needs to! How bout that BUZZ CHEW car. They have stepped it up! Good to see. The TC3. What a push. Seemed that way at the sizzler too. Hope they figure it out. Love to see both the 3 and Teddy dominate like the Ronnie Bouchard days!