PDA

View Full Version : kenny wallace

tbirdracer
08-11-2013, 08:35 PM
see kenny you were running very good today. though i was not racing i was there to watch the races. i hope scott dunn is ok. was a very hard hit. very good racing.

Dirtlmracer2
08-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Ray scott is fine.

KennyWallace81
08-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Hey thanks for the compliment. It was really a crazy day for me. I've never driven a big car on dirt. The last big car race I was in was the 300 lapper at Mountain some years ago when somebody rear-ended me under red and twisted it (and me) up to the point, I couldn't race it. I did make it all the way to lap 224 which was the most laps ever for me. Anyway, the car was pretty fast yesterday and handled well except that the brakes kept locking up and if anyone stopped suddenly in front of me (like under the multiple red flags), I just couldn't get it slowed down quickly and ended up hitting a couple of people. I also had an early flat, hit the wall, spun Timmy Pauch out, tried to dive under someone else early and the brakes locked, and spun that person out. I probably should have pulled off the track and figured out what was wrong with the brakes and lived to race another day, but I knew it might be my last race since I'm moving out of the area so I kept going. I guess that was kind of selfish of me, and I apologize for the several people I hit. I kind of felt like a wrecking ball out there. Overall, it was a an adventure, with a good finish, but anyone who knows me knows I like to drive a clean race, so that's eating at me a little this morning.

tbirdracer
08-12-2013, 05:31 PM
kenny your not the only one selfish when you race. we all are. don't beat yourself up. it's racing.you'll fix the problem with the carand race again if your still in the area. in 200 laps you may win and set racing world on its ear. lol. still nice run. 2ez