PDA

View Full Version : Bristol TV

NWMT PR
08-13-2013, 02:49 PM
As SPEED transitions to Fox Sports 1 this week, please note the following ...

Just as SPEED will become Fox Sports 1 on Saturday, Aug. 17, so will Fuel TV become Fox Sports 2. This is of note because the Aug. 21 Bristol combo race will be carried live on FS2.

If you're not sure if you currently have Fuel TV, please click through the following link: http://www.fuel.tv/getfueltv

If you currently have Fuel, then no worries, you'll be able to watch the Titan Roof 150. If you don't currently have Fuel, then this is your heads up that you might need to make alternate plans.

scott
08-13-2013, 07:47 PM
I knew this FOX 1 was going to screw up racing on TV and it just did with this. I want my SPEED TV back!

CASHCAD45
08-13-2013, 08:54 PM
I knew this FOX 1 was going to screw up racing on TV and it just did with this. I want my SPEED TV back!

This shoildn't shock anyone FOX has always been all about BIG money ,Never about the little guy.I don't even consider watching Cup till July when the circus like coverage is over:disgusted.Thanks for the memories ESPN!!!!

Gil
08-14-2013, 04:17 AM
The old Nashville network was better than Speed. They showed racing!!!!! No dumb reality shows.........

jbonez21
08-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up, this is terrible news! Looks like my provider Brighthouse carries this channel but it is part of a Sports package that I don't have. At least I have the option to drop some cash on the sports pass to watch the race.

JWfor8x
08-14-2013, 11:04 AM
As SPEED transitions to Fox Sports 1 this week, please note the following ...

Just as SPEED will become Fox Sports 1 on Saturday, Aug. 17, so will Fuel TV become Fox Sports 2. This is of note because the Aug. 21 Bristol combo race will be carried live on FS2.

If you're not sure if you currently have Fuel TV, please click through the following link: http://www.fuel.tv/getfueltv

If you currently have Fuel, then no worries, you'll be able to watch the Titan Roof 150. If you don't currently have Fuel, then this is your heads up that you might need to make alternate plans.

I may have gotten it wrong but I thought originally that both the Bristol race and the last Loudon race were supposed to be broadcast live on Fox Sports 1 and that the Thompson race was to be shown on tape delay on Fox Sports 2. Am I wrong about this or was there a change?

Rob29
08-14-2013, 11:17 AM
I may have gotten it wrong but I thought originally that both the Bristol race and the last Loudon race were supposed to be broadcast live on Fox Sports 1 and that the Thompson race was to be shown on tape delay on Fox Sports 2. Am I wrong about this or was there a change?

I'm pretty sure you had it right, and then something changed.

BigMac
08-14-2013, 12:49 PM
The only change is Bristol is on FOX2 instead of FOX1 now. I would imagine its like ESPN and ESPN2 in that they are going to be very interchangable from day to day. You only have to live with FOX thru next year. The NBC networks have the WMT TV rights starting in 2015.

scott
08-14-2013, 02:13 PM
If I remember right NBC's coverage of racing sucked.. Looks like the only racing I'll be seeing is at New Smyrna during the world series in Feb. Connecticut has taxed us out of the state to Fla.

CuriousGeorge
08-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Geeeez..with all the negativity! If youre not subscribed to the channel, it is possible to change your plan for a day. If not, you could also go to a local establishment that does get the channel. If youre near Suffolk County on LI, TJ Halpins is a place id recommend.

BigMac
08-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Geeeez..with all the negativity! If youre not subscribed to the channel, it is possible to change your plan for a day. If not, you could also go to a local establishment that does get the channel. If youre near Suffolk County on LI, TJ Halpins is a place id recommend.

You are correct. Which channel the WMT will be televised on is a good problem to have. National TV broadcasts for Bristol, NHMS and Thompson is all positive news.

MJProcko
08-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Gee, want some cheese with that whine? The mods are on TV and have a chance to show they deserve to be on a channel that will have more viewers than Speed and all people can do is complain. Me, I am looking forward to seeing 40+ modifieds take on the high banks of Bristol.

If you want something to complain about, ask why there are not more combined races. How about a 5 race Fox 1 National Series....
New Smyrna
Bristol
Richmond
Martinsville
New Hampshire.

think big, use some imagination and hope for the better......