PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Baby!

BigMac
08-19-2013, 04:02 PM
The world's fastest half mile, national television audience, 41 cars strong, north vs south, a tight points race. It doesn't get much better than this.

jbonez21
08-19-2013, 04:35 PM
The world's fastest half mile, national television audience, 41 cars strong, north vs south, a tight points race. It doesn't get much better than this.

Oh yeah! Can't wait

MJProcko
08-19-2013, 05:02 PM
read Jeff fultz will be driving a team car to Tim Brown so add another.

MOD11RACER
08-19-2013, 11:20 PM
43 Official entries as of 8/19/2013.

Two Tours same rules and 43 cars show up. Hnnnnnnnnnnm. Just think what could be with the Modified Tours running all the same rules.

The 6 entries listed below could have brought the total to 49. Haven't seen anything like that in a while.

Santos in the back-up Stefanik Modified renumbered 44. Not bringing the 44 Tionio machine that won at Thompson on Thursday.

From the NORTH: 39 Pallai Jr wrecked at Thompson, 26 McDonald and 76 Blewett all out. Not running

From the SOUTH: 65 Bohn, 23 Lofton and 12 Norman are all out. They have made all 6 Southern races in 2013.

jbonez21
08-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Bad news guys, TV audience is likely lost, I have confirmed that Fox Sports 2 is behind a pay per view monthly sports pass. At least here in FL on Brighthouse.

Linda
08-20-2013, 02:16 PM
North 38 not going as well

scott
08-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Like I said in different thread. Fox sports has screwed the auto racing community. Fox sports2 doesn't exist on any packages I have. I'm hoping to read lap by lap coverage on northern mod nascar site. This is my 1st time ever crying-whineing about racing in over a decade of posts on both mod series scene(I've met Lou a few times at Nhis when we had the meet and greets) and this board & I feel it's well deserved, FOX Sports sucks, they have ruined what little racing coverage there was, that is my opinion. View some of the comments on their Fox sports web site from auto & moto racing viewers 99% are not very good.

BigMac
08-20-2013, 04:51 PM
All systems are a go for Direct TV. I've had no issues whatsoever. Doesn't FOX1 and FOX2 have to actually broadcast a race before we bash them?? Anyway, its almost time to go racing kids. Myers vs TC, Coby vs Preece, and maybe the most intriguing battle to watch, Stefanik vs Park. payback is a B...

Rob29
08-20-2013, 05:20 PM
All systems are a go for Direct TV. I've had no issues whatsoever. Doesn't FOX1 and FOX2 have to actually broadcast a race before we bash them?? Anyway, its almost time to go racing kids. Myers vs TC, Coby vs Preece, and maybe the most intriguing battle to watch, Stefanik vs Park. payback is a B...

1) No, I don't have to watch a broadcast before I bash them. I do not have the ability to watch the race tomorrow. It was initially supposed to be on FS1 and then they moved it to FS2. They're already screwing the motorsports fans.

2) Stefanik and Park have already talked about Daytona and from what I understand, Stefanik knows that Park was slammed from behind by Goodale.

limodmaniac
08-20-2013, 05:39 PM
If anyone would even think about paying back anyone at Bristol, I would totally lose respect for that driver.

Bostonian
08-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Fox2 is now going to be showing 90% violence, I mean, their showing UFC 18 hrs a day. Don't forget Fox payed the UFC a boatload of $$$ to show the fights. It's pretty sad when something like the UFC has become the new "It Sport" Just what society needs right now. :(

JMB
08-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Fox2 is now going to be showing 90% violence, I mean, their showing UFC 18 hrs a day. Don't forget Fox payed the UFC a boatload of $$$ to show the fights. It's pretty sad when something like the UFC has become the new "It Sport" Just what society needs right now. :(

I went to the UFC in Boston last week and the crowd was a lot better than the felons in the stands\pits at Thompson and Waterford

TMAC
08-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Cablevision fs2. In commack is ch 403. Can't wait. Li m. Hardcore racin( u like) TV . One that every body wants.....Respect gets checked when they roll in..lol. How about that 20 Team!? 3... am a hoping!!!!Enjoy all, those who watch and those reading on the THE CHROME HORN..

MJProcko
08-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Good to see Fox add to it's quality programming the best racing on the planet, they already dominate cable news and with addition of Nascar this really gives the modifeds their best chance in a while to generate a TV audience not seen since the early days of ESPN.

I wish I was there again this year but I already have channel 618 on direct tv ready to go; the fridge is filled with a 12 pack of Sam Adams and some frosty mugs in the freezer; Brats and a couple lobster tails are waiting for the grill to fire, all that is left is the green flag.

FOX2 and Speed are part of the same pkg on Direct so I wonder what the all whining is really about. I mean is anyone really going to miss "pinks"?

jbonez21
08-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Good to see Fox add to it's quality programming the best racing on the planet, they already dominate cable news and with addition of Nascar this really gives the modifeds their best chance in a while to generate a TV audience not seen since the early days of ESPN.

I wish I was there again this year but I already have channel 618 on direct tv ready to go; the fridge is filled with a 12 pack of Sam Adams and some frosty mugs in the freezer; Brats and a couple lobster tails are waiting for the grill to fire, all that is left is the green flag.

FOX2 and Speed are part of the same pkg on Direct so I wonder what the all whining is really about. I mean is anyone really going to miss "pinks"?

I can't wait to switch to DirecTV at the end of the year, thanks for letting me know it is included there. Unfortunately I'm going to miss a televised Whelen Race and Camping World race for the first time because my FS2 is part of a pay package and I refuse to support that.

JWfor8x
08-21-2013, 11:25 AM

The bash from me is not so much against Fox sports. It is that they originally had the race on FOX1 and changed it to FOX2. I'm glad that you have DirectTV and wish that I was able to also. I can't. I cannot get FOX2 but would have been able to recieve FOX1 as the race was originally slated to be on. When I first saw the race was going to be on FOX1, I was extremely excited. I also was excited because the second New Hampshire race was also set to be on FOX1 and I was, and still am, hoping to be able to get FOX2 by the time the Thompson race was shown on a FOX2 tape delay. I acknowledge that it is my own fault for not being able to go to those races. It is though Fox's fault for moving this race to FOX 2 from Fox 1 as they had previously announced and exposing them to a vastly smaller potential audience. So, Big Mac, I hope it's a great race and that you and those who are able to see it enjoy it immensly. Maybe though, you can understand why there are some who are greatly disappointed over not being able to witness what could possibly be the best race of the tear.

Rob29
08-21-2013, 12:16 PM

Maybe because not everybody has DirecTV? I guess it's shocking to think that not everybody has DirecTV in this country and may not have FS2 and therefore are upset that they cannot see a race that was originally supposed to be on FS1, a channel almost everyone would be able to see the race on.

Racer1_NC
08-21-2013, 10:56 PM
I think next year I'll refuse to pay the last 10% of the announced ticket price due to "time constraints"......

BigMac
08-22-2013, 06:34 AM
I think next year I'll refuse to pay the last 10% of the announced ticket price due to "time constraints"......

I hear your point. On the flip side, it shouldn't take more than 90 minutes to run 150 laps at Bristol. I think they ran the first couple races at Bristol in about 30 minutes. There were three or four cautions on the start/restarts. That's way too many. The halftime deal always causes more cautions too. It did last night and it did at NHMS in July. I understand why they do it but it doesn't make the final product better IMO. Especially when they are on TV. That said, I still enjoyed the race. Hope to see Bristol on the schedule twice in 2014.

Also, what was the deal with the 58. He "chewed" the 88 up.

Goldy
08-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Nice to see that top 3... Mike was overdue, more overdue would be a solid finish for the 2 car, which is nice to see... and it gets better with the 64 on the podium - great job!!!

The "next best thing to winning" award has to go to Woody and the Hillbilly team after destroying the primary car in practice, changing the motor, zero laps on the back up, TT's a solid 14th and brings it all home 6th... most impressive, lots of hard work there, way to keep at it!!!

TMAC
08-22-2013, 10:17 AM
So cool Stefanik got the win, loved the quote , outside he looks calm but inside he's freaking out. Congrats to one of the great ones, to wheel a modified.

Rob29
08-22-2013, 02:11 PM
I hear your point. On the flip side, it shouldn't take more than 90 minutes to run 150 laps at Bristol. I think they ran the first couple races at Bristol in about 30 minutes. There were three or four cautions on the start/restarts. That's way too many. The halftime deal always causes more cautions too. It did last night and it did at NHMS in July. I understand why they do it but it doesn't make the final product better IMO. Especially when they are on TV. That said, I still enjoyed the race. Hope to see Bristol on the schedule twice in 2014.

Also, what was the deal with the 58. He "chewed" the 88 up.
Chew got loose. Goodale couldn't do a thing. You're basically right on the guy's bumper running just about wide-open. It's tough to check up in time.

CASHCAD45
08-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Chew got loose. Goodale couldn't do a thing. You're basically right on the guy's bumper running just about wide-open. It's tough to check up in time.

Goodies had alot of trouble seeing past his chromehorn this year.Maybe new specs are in order.or a few lessons in driver courtesy:rolleyes:(pronounced GIVE & TAKE).