PDA

View Full Version : Enduro race taking place at Mahoning Valley Speedway this Sunday...

greenflag
08-20-2013, 12:31 PM
They are having a Big Car Enduro and a Small Car Enduro this Sunday afternoon August 25th at Mahoning Valley Speedway. It has a 2PM start time. Not sure on race distances or admissions. Anyone on this forum planning to compete? Mahoning is a fun race track, and I always enjoyed watching enduros there. I'm hoping to attend from the grandstands this Sunday.

Actually, I had planned to attend Mountain Speedway's enduros this past Sunday, but something came up and was unable to attend. I guess it was good that I didn't go as according to press release they only had 13 Big Cars, 10 Small Cars and 6 Legend Cars. A 50 mile one way trip to see a grand total of 29 race cars would have really pissed me off!

Makes you think about the future of enduro racing. I certainly hope it stays alive at our area racetracks but what is happening to the cars? I know we had this discussion on the forum in the past, but a car count like they had at Mountain last week really doesn't look good.

Anyways, I wanted to throw the word out for Mahoning this week, hope to see a decent field there on Sunday. Weather looks good as of now.

Dirtlmracer2
08-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Gary,

I have also wondered the same thing and some guys i seen that use to race enduro's have all said the same thing. That either they don't have the money to race cause of hours cut due to this economy. Chuck is doing a great job with the car counts hes getting. I know sponsorship for the series would be a huge help for chuck and the teams that race with us. But the only thing the outlaw enduro staff can do is keep having the races and hopefully the other teams will come.

Philter39
08-20-2013, 09:47 PM
obama and the rest of the ###holes in Washington DC has much to do with the decline. More jobs over seas less good manufacturing jobs and money here. I believe it is that simple.

racer05
08-20-2013, 11:16 PM
you said a mouthful Phil......preach the truth!!!!! see ya on the 8th

KennyWallace81
08-21-2013, 07:39 AM
Just wait until they impose a tax on all forms of organized motorports because we are wrecking the environment. It'll be the end of racing except for the very rich and those of us creative enough to start a series using golf carts or Nissan Leaf's.

greenflag
08-21-2013, 08:08 AM
obama and the rest of the ###holes in Washington DC has much to do with the decline. More jobs over seas less good manufacturing jobs and money here. I believe it is that simple.
Agree 100 percent.

greenflag
08-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Following up on the original post with some info from Mahoning Valley's facebook page. Only $7 to enter the stands and $15 to enter the pits on Sunday. Lets get those dirt cars ready folks, greenflag will be cheering you on from the stands.

Car registration is $50. This gives you one driver and transponder with that price.

Small car enduro rules here

http://www.mahoningvalley-speedway.com/SMALL%20CAR%20ENDURO_2013_Ver%202.0.pdf

Big car enduro rules here

http://www.mahoningvalley-speedway.com/BIG%20CAR%20ENDURO%20RULES%20(1).pdf