PDA

View Full Version : 08/24/13 - Reed takes closing laps modified win at Wall Stadium Saturday

RGeeProductions
08-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Steven Reed used the wisdom of a veteran and the power of his No. 55 racecar to win the 40-lap main event for Modified stock cars at Wall Stadium Saturday night. It was his third win of the year.

Adam LaCicero of Lavallette was the first leader of the race while
Reed and a host of others were moving into contention. When LaCicero spun from the top spot on lap 16 Jonathan Mandato of Toms River rocketed to the front while Reed held the second spot.

As the race wore on Mandato looked strong while leading but Reed was also lurking from behind. When a caution for a minor spin slowed the race with just five laps remaining Reed raced side-by-side with Mandato before diving to the inside lane to take the lead and eventual win. Mandato, Holmdel’s Andrew Krause, Brick’s Shawna Ingraham and Howell’s Eric Mauriello wrapped up the top five.

“I didn’t think I’d be able to pass him on the open track so I just slowed down a bit to save my tires,” Reed said of his win. “That final caution gave me the chance I needed to get to the front. It was fun but it wasn’t easy.”

Marty Van Druten of Toms River led the 25-lap Factory Stock feature from start to finish grabbing his first career win. Tiffany Olejnik of Wall finished second, with Joey Helberg of Union, Manchester’s Scott Riggleman and Howell’s Steve West completing the top five.

Jerry Stanzione of Keansburg raced through the field and into the lead on lap six to win the 25-lapper for the 4 Cylinder cars. James Meyers of Port Monmouth made it close at the end, while early leader Brien Crosby of Wall was third. Wall’s Cole Ormsbee and Mike Wahl of East Islip, N.Y. were fourth and fifth.

Brian Doyle of Coram, N.Y. won the 50-lap Limited Late Model feature after being chased by Toms River’s Phil Fortuna most of the way. Howell’s Glen Conk, Beachwood’s Bill Vanderveen and Jack Sayegh of South Toms River completed the top five.

Rob Ormsbee of Wall won the 30-lapper for the visiting Late Model cars over Mike Tillett of Bayville and Glenn Slocum of Atlantic Highlands.

Billy Joe Michel of Egg Harbor City won the special 15-lap Ladies’ Race over Emily Krause of Holmdel and Manchester’s Nancy Hills.

This Saturday night (August 31) the speedway celebrates the Labor Day holiday weekend with “Beach Luau Night” festivities. On the speedway the Modifieds, Sportsman, Factory Stocks and the Sunday Series Microstocks are set for action and a special main event is planned for the Legend Cars.

Qualifying is slated for 6 p.m. and main event action is set for 7:00 p.m. Grandstand seating opens at 5 p.m.

Wall Stadium presents professional motorsports events on most Saturdays and Sundays during the summer months. The speedway is located on Route 34 in Wall Township, N.J., just one mile north of Garden State Parkway exit 98 and Interstate 195 exit 35B. The speedway hotline number is 732-681-6400, while CKMotorsports@aol.com is the track’s email address. More information is also available at www.wallspeedwayracing.com.

MODIFIED FEATURE – 40 Laps – 1. STEVEN REED, FREEHOLD, 2. Jonathan Mandato, 3. Andrew Krause, 4. Shawna Ingraham, 5. Eric Mauriello, 6. Chris Hamilton, 7. Anthony Sesely, 8. Chris Lane, 9. Chas Okerson, 10. Nick Shaw, 11. Adam LaCicero, 12. Jason Treat, 13. Harry Schaeffer, 14. Matt Przemielewski, 15. Christian LaCicero, 16. Ryan Cottrell, 17. Derek Hopkinson

FACTORY STOCK FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. MARTY VAN DRUTEN, TOMS RIVER, 2. Tiffany Olejnik, 3. Joey Helberg, 4. Scott Riggleman, 5. Steve West, 6. Ed Bischoff, 7. Lee Allen, 8. Ronnie Mullen, 9. Josh Matthews, 10. Jerry Koenig, 11. Steve Michel, 12. Wes Caruso, 13. Caroll Miller, 14. Troy Gant, 15. Randy Hart

4 CYLINDER FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. JERRY STANZIONE, KEANSBURG, 2. James Meyers, 3. Brien Crosby, 4. Cole Ormsbee, 5. Mike Wahl, 6. Randy Hart, 7. Al Morales, 8. Mike Dorrer, 9. Jay Conrad, 10. Ron Becker, 11. Howard Efron, 12. Pete McDonald

LIMITED LATE MODEL FEATURE – 50 Laps – 1. BRIAN DOYLE, CORAM, N.Y., 2. Phil Fortuna, 3. Glen Conk, 4. Bill Vanderveen, 5. Jack Sayegh, 6. Mike Tillett, 7. Ken Matlach, 8. Steve Senerchia

LATE MODEL FEATURE – 30 Laps – 1. ROB ORMSBEE, WALL, 2. Mike Tillett, 3. Glenn Slocum, 4. Anthony DeMonte, 5. Phil Fortuna

Jeff Gravatt