PDA

View Full Version : Canadian anthem at Loudon

Mod Fever
09-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Watching the race. Why the Canadian anthem. Last time I checked New Hampshire was inside the the United States.

BigMac
09-21-2013, 01:56 PM
A lot of Canadian fans, A Canadian driver (Powell) and the ACT Tour running after the Mods.

Gil
09-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Why not? They play the United States National Anthem all over the World!!!!

RBH
09-21-2013, 10:54 PM
They have been playing both Anthems since day one! Look at the Map.

CASHCAD45
09-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Watching the race. Why the Canadian anthem. Last time I checked New Hampshire was inside the the United States.

REALLY!!!! that's what you have to B#$%&ch about? I feel seriously sorry for you.

JMB
09-24-2013, 07:06 AM
Ever since I can remember, they have played the Canadian anthem at big races in northern New England due to the drivers and fans involved.(they do the same thing in hockey)

Bostonian
09-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Ever since I can remember, they have played the Canadian anthem at big races in northern New England due to the drivers and fans involved.(they do the same thing in hockey)

My nephew just finished playing Jr A Hockey in Canada. He said in his two seasons there, they never played the American Anthem. Then again, there was only 3 Americans playing in the whole league!!! LOL Now he's back home to play college hockey.

JWfor8x
09-26-2013, 11:35 AM
My nephew just finished playing Jr A Hockey in Canada. He said in his two seasons there, they never played the American Anthem. Then again, there was only 3 Americans playing in the whole league!!! LOL Now he's back home to play college hockey.

I have no problem at all with them playing the Canadian anthem as it is just done as a matter of respect. I was wondering though did they play the Canadian anthem before the cup race? I was wasn't at the tour race in Canada. Did they play both anthems there? I would think that they did but don't know.

JMB
09-26-2013, 06:20 PM
I have no problem at all with them playing the Canadian anthem as it is just done as a matter of respect. I was wondering though did they play the Canadian anthem before the cup race? I was wasn't at the tour race in Canada. Did they play both anthems there? I would think that they did but don't know.

They have done the Canadian anthem at just about every Cup race at Loudon.(think they might do it at Michigan too since it is pretty close to the Ontario border) They just don't show the Canadian anthem on TV for the Cup races. Actually, before 9/11 they rarely showed the American national anthem on TV. In fact the drivers were already strapped in their cars. However, after that the networks wanted the visual of the teams lined up on pit road with the flyover as part of the show.