PDA

View Full Version : Another Loudon Classic

BigMac
09-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Great race today!! What a wild final lap. I don't think I've ever seen the 2 take a race like that. He wheeled that thing to victory today.

Goldy
09-21-2013, 11:13 PM
I can’t recall Todd winning any of his races like that – but I guess after not visiting victory lane in some time it’s okay to throw it in there and use up the other guy. Yea, they all do it right, so I guess that makes it okay? In my opinion it’s no different than that punk prodigy Larson dumping the leader down at that silly race in Daytona, or what Steve Park did to Stefanik for that matter. Todd knew it, knows it’s wrong and not the way he races but hey – when you “do what you have to do”, it’s always a free pass to do the wrong thing.. As long as you use that disclaimer, it’s cool – it’s what NASCAR’s all about - If ya can’t beat em, bump em? Right? Pretty disappointing..

spotter27
09-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Goldy...you must be a Lia fan.What was he suppouse to do not go for the win?He had one chance for the win and went for it.He could have stuffed him in the wall like Lia did to him and TC couple years ago but he didn't,he got beside him and forced Lia up the track.Did they touch?yes of course they did but that's the way it's done at NHMS just look at other passes thru the race everyone did the same type of pass.Great job for the 2

Goldy
09-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Lia fan? - hardly; at this point I'm just a fan. I'd say I appreciate Todd far more than I do Lia - I guess that's why I'm left feeling disapointed. Todd's been atop my respect list for a very long time.. to your point though, "that's the way it's done at NHMS" - I'd stongly disagree with that. I've been to many quality races there where there's 3 lead changes in any given lap - lead changes galore, and those passes are clean.. yet, when it's for the win I guess it's okay to get dirty.. I'm just tired of the "doing what I have to do" crutch.. in the past Todd would rather finish second than run him up.. whatever.. this debate will get me no where..

BigMac
09-22-2013, 09:47 AM
I actually gained a ton of respect for the 2. I don't think the 2 has ever won a race in which TC and/or Lia were fighting for the win with him. Especially at NHMS. Todd moved him for sure but he didn't wreck him. I thought the driver really stepped up his game yesterday. Given Lia's history of wrecking people up there he really has nothing to complain about. Kudos to the 2 team on a great win.