PDA

View Full Version : Hillbilly Racing Shutting Down After Season Finale At Thompson

ShawnCourchesne
10-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Hill Enterprises Whelen Modified Tour Team Shutting Down After Season Finale At Thompson Speedway/ (http://www.racedayct.com/2013/10/hill-enterprises-whelen-modified-tour-team-shutting-down-after-season-finale-at-thompson-speedway/)

fastbackss
10-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Sad to see...

Some pretty candid commentary in there...

bud
10-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Hill Enterprises Whelen Modified Tour Team Shutting Down After Season Finale At Thompson Speedway/ (http://www.racedayct.com/2013/10/hill-enterprises-whelen-modified-tour-team-shutting-down-after-season-finale-at-thompson-speedway/)

And then there were none!

limodmaniac
10-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Very, very sad day!

csg
10-07-2013, 06:19 PM
this stinks, how long have they been racing on the tour? It seems like they have been a long time supporter of modified racing and they supported a lot of open shows too, always at New Smyrna. Maybe they can go Southern Tour, that haul from Carolina must be awfully expensive, that might help reduce costs.

It seems every year there is a team or two (Last year 36 and 45)that leave the sport and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of new teams coming in to replace the losses. Last year the rookie of the year, KidRock, didn't race the full season. This year, I believe there was only two teams in contention for rookie of the year. To date this season 43 drivers collected points on the Nascar Whelen Tour vs 52 last season. There were less then full fields at many shows this season, less cars showed up then were scheduled to start. I wouldn't be surprised if the tour lost a few more teams before the start of next season. Without cars to replace them, the near full fields the tour has enjoyed at many of their races this season may unfortunately be a thing of the past. I am not sure what the answer is, but it would appear Nascar needs to do something soon to help the tour or there will not be a tour to save. It is evident the status quo is not working.

worm
10-08-2013, 09:43 PM
sad indeed.its a real shame

BOBBY
10-09-2013, 04:01 PM
The hillbilly team .has been running modifieds sence .spring 1970..with roger driving...we wish them the best..

NC Mudcat
10-11-2013, 08:39 AM
It really surprised me they did the North thing as long as they did, but I really admire them for spending the extra money to run the tour. It obviously means they loved doing what they did. Maybe something will come along and help them keep going. If not, this NC fan would love to see them do something closer to home, but I would not wish Bowman Gray on anyone. Maybe try some super late models!!!

NC Mudcat
01-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Anyone heard any more out of Hillbilly. I live near them and there has been no word that I have heard. Sure hope David and gang are able to do something this year.

MOD11RACER
01-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Sounds like they will be returning to the WMT in 2014.