PDA

View Full Version : 10/09/13 - Zuidema to continue his work at Thompson

RGeeProductions
10-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park General Manager Josh Vanada announced today that Race Director Jeff Zuidema will be returning next year. Zuidema, a four-time Thompson track champion and winner of fifty two races, was appointed to the Race Director’s position at the beginning of the 2103 racing season.

“We are very excited to have Jeff back in 2014. He has an excellent reputation with competitors and officials in addition to a deep passion for our sport. We are looking forward to the Sunoco World Series of Speedway Racing presented by Xtra Mart next weekend and onto the 2014 season,” said Vanada.

“I want to thank the entire Hoenig family for inviting me back for the 2014 season. It was an incredible learning experience to see how things operate from outside of the driver’s seat. I was fortunate to be surrounded by the great staff that Thompson Speedway has and to learn from their many years of experience. I feel that this is an important time in New England oval track racing’s future and hopefully we can come up with a schedule and a plan that will continue to make Thompson Speedway a fun and exciting destination for fans and competitors,” said Zuidema.

Zuidema continued by saying that he will continue to be open to talking with anyone about thoughts and ideas to improve the great sport of auto racing. He also thanked all those who had offered such thoughts and ideas during his first year as the track’s Race Director.

Russ Dowd