PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea.... can it work?

MJProcko
10-18-2013, 10:21 PM
After reading in the point standings thread that 4 of the 5 teams battling for 15th place will get nothing I really started to steam..... to think that start and parks are getting 50k to start a race and these guys will get diddly.

So it made me think, what if all the WMT teams got together and put a start and park car on the track and share the profits equally among the WMT regulars. There are more than enough guys in the Cup garage with roots in Mods to help with leasing engines and putting together a rag tag crew to service it on race weekends.

The car should be numbered 61 and painted exactly like the TBR Richie Evans tribute car and sponsored by Whelen with a huge WMT logo on the hood. In just a race or two the car would get more TV time than Nascar gives Whelen now.

Steve Park could drive it with an occasional use by a modified driver looking for some exposure like a Preece or Santos.

Nascar created this mess, it's time for the WMT guys to take advantage of it because waiting on the folks in Daytona will kill the modifieds.

What do you think? Can it work?

Goldy
10-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Gezzzzz, MJ... pretty funky and highly unlikely, but hats off to your creativity.

How about these NASCAR tightwads just pay the top 20 like they used to? There were only 19 cars that started every race thus far.. seems only fair..

Oh wait... Cup attendance is way down... or is it? aren't all those races "sellouts"?? Either way, through all the BS smoke and mirrors, the sanctioning body should be able to take care of the teams that take care of them.. or is that crazy talk?

JWfor8x
10-19-2013, 09:58 AM
I think it's a great idea that will never happen. I can't imagine getting enough of the WMT teams together to pull it off. If they did manage to get together to do it though, it just might work.

After reading in the point standings thread that 4 of the 5 teams battling for 15th place will get nothing I really started to steam..... to think that start and parks are getting 50k to start a race and these guys will get diddly.

So it made me think, what if all the WMT teams got together and put a start and park car on the track and share the profits equally among the WMT regulars. There are more than enough guys in the Cup garage with roots in Mods to help with leasing engines and putting together a rag tag crew to service it on race weekends.

The car should be numbered 61 and painted exactly like the TBR Richie Evans tribute car and sponsored by Whelen with a huge WMT logo on the hood. In just a race or two the car would get more TV time than Nascar gives Whelen now.

Steve Park could drive it with an occasional use by a modified driver looking for some exposure like a Preece or Santos.

Nascar created this mess, it's time for the WMT guys to take advantage of it because waiting on the folks in Daytona will kill the modifieds.

What do you think? Can it work?

BigMac
10-19-2013, 01:40 PM
I'm with Goldy, just pay the top 20 like they use too. Nascar's TV contracts are in the billions of dollars. They can afford it.

Sicklajoie
10-19-2013, 09:07 PM
At the time of his divorce in 2005, Brian France listed assets of $554 million and loans of $26 million, according to documents in the case. He earned $9.05 million in 2004 as NASCAR chairman and CEO.
Poor fella.

uticamike
10-20-2013, 08:15 AM
On another thread from one of the >> It's NASCAR or nothing << crowd these words:

"Lee do yourself a favor and bring in the WMT in 2014. Stop being tight wad's and spend some money on good Modified Racing. Not that WWE type of racing event that I had to witness on Sunday.

Go get a sponsor and do a little promoting isn't that what you are suppose to do."

Makes me laugh and cry at the same time. In NY we call that...gall.

limodmaniac
10-21-2013, 09:42 AM
They should pay EVERY team that shows up for every race!!!

And NASCAR isn't perfect, but that point fund they are paying out is a lot more than anything the others series pay out.

MJProcko
10-21-2013, 10:34 AM
They should pay EVERY team that shows up for every race!!!

And NASCAR isn't perfect, but that point fund they are paying out is a lot more than anything the others series pay out.

ofcourse every team should get paid but the setup now is they pay Nascar for the privilege of racing in their series. If a park and start team can clear just 4-5k profit a race over the course of a season that is still over 150k that could be used to increase purses or the point fund. As much as the teams appreciate you, they can't rely on you to cover for Nascar all the time.