PDA

View Full Version : MSIII and Szegedy part ways

WhelenTour27
11-08-2013, 10:11 AM
http://hometracks.nascar.com/nwmt_release_110813_Mike-Smeriglio_Racing_Makes_Driver_Change

BigMac
11-08-2013, 04:04 PM
That's a big time ride. Silly season has officially begun folks.

spotter27
11-09-2013, 06:47 AM
don't think for a minute that another driver has not already been decided on,yes this is a big time ride but money talks and the driver with most money will win this ride

Goldy
11-09-2013, 08:45 AM
That may very well be true spotter, but it sure is fun to think of the possibilities..

I don't know what these guys are up to in NY but Matt Hirschman and Eric Ruldoph come to mind.
Teddy, while still in the 3 as far as I know - could seek better luck, chemistry, results. I still firmly believe the 3 is great ride, it's just been inconsistent the last few years.
I'm still a firm believer that Chuck Hossfeld belongs on (what's left of) this tour..
Maybe this Max Zachem test ride at the World Series was a telling sign of things to come?
Jon McKennedy, IMO, essentially mirrors Todd's long standing appeal as a quality, respectful racer (2013 NHMS victory withstanding)..
Is Keith Rocco a lock in that 46 ride?

If I'm making the call to a driver, pure talent and results - I'm calling Matt first to see what he's up to long term...

SteveS
11-09-2013, 12:52 PM
I'd like to see Todd and Teddy switch rides. When Todd filled in on the 3 car years ago he said it was very stout-one of the best he had ever driven in several respects. Todd hasn't been very good since switching to Troyer and Teddy hasn't been too good since being out of a Troyer. Coby would be a good choice as well. Hirschman is always good in a Troyer but I would wonder about chemistry with that combo. How cool would it be to see Jerry Marquis back on the tour? Rudolph would only work if he came without family baggage. However I suspect the deal was done before Todd got the pink slip and likely the seat is already being fitted. I hope Todd regains his focus and lands on his feet-even if he takes next year off to regroup. He's a talented guy and as clean as you'll find with any degree of success.