PDA

View Full Version : BIG Announcement Thursday on Fox 1 regarding the Mods at Speedweeks.... any guesses?

MJProcko
11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
I asked Santa for..... the UNOH Richie Evans Memorial 161 NASCAR Whelen Modified / NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Combo race on Friday Feb 21, 2014 at New Smyrna Speedway. will Christmas come early? I kinda have been good Santa, no really.... tell the elfs to stop laughing already.

CASHCAD45
11-19-2013, 03:21 PM
I asked Santa for..... the UNOH Richie Evans Memorial 161 NASCAR Whelen Modified / NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Combo race on Friday Feb 21, 2014 at New Smyrna Speedway. will Christmas come early? I kinda have been good Santa, no really.... tell the elfs to stop laughing already.

It'll have to be a different night not gonna run against CWT series. Hope it aint a points race brining the teams to Fl. in Feb is a disaster for most teams. It should be optional.

MJProcko
11-19-2013, 03:38 PM
I agree, it will most likely be on Tuesday again however it would better for the Modifieds to run on Friday, but the crowd will already be thin for the truck race so Nascar won't have that.

I believe the announcement will be a multi year deal to have the BATB this year at Daytona since the grandstands will be still be up then moving to NSS in 2015. As far as it not being a points race I disagree. The majority of teams were there last season and why not credit them with points for being there.

JWfor8x
11-20-2013, 09:53 AM
According to what Errnie Saxton wrote in AARN last week, it will once again be on a temporary track on Daytona's backstretch.