PDA

View Full Version : Modifieds Passed Over Again

MOD11RACER
11-21-2013, 01:20 AM
It looks like the Modifieds have been passed over again . This time by the Hart family and New Smyrna Speedway.

The Hart family completely screwed over the Modified division after 47 years of support.

After 47 years of support from the Northern Modifieds running for chicken feed purses, they will not get a big paying, TV deal race at New Smyrna Speedway instead it will go to the K&N Series.

The K&N series will get 2 races during Speedweeks. 1 @ Daytona and 1 @ New Smyrna. Both will have big Purses not the chicken S**T purses the Modifieds run for @ New Smyrna.

47 YEARS OF SUPPORT

I know everybody will blame NASCAR, but NASCAR doesn't own New Smyrna Speedway. The Hart family does.

The Hart family should be ashamed of themselves for shoveling more dirt on the Modifieds.

NASCAR is also to blame. Everywhere the Modifieds are popular and seem to have a strong hold NASCAR makes every attempt to push the full fendered cars on us.

The way NASCAR is run today from top to bottom is a complete screw-up. They keep pouring money into crap racing that no one cares about.

limodmaniac
11-21-2013, 07:17 AM
AMEN I heard about this last night, and couldn't believe it.

So the mods will race at New Smyrna for about 6 nights, and probably take home just about the same money as the K and N will in one night. I know my figures are a little exaggerated, but if you did the math, it probably wouldn't be far off.

I will be at the modified races, but there is no way you will see me near New Smyrna on Sunday.

jbonez21
11-21-2013, 12:05 PM
You can't really blame New Smyrna, I know this is a modified forum but from a business perspective the K&N series has a lot more sponsors, dollars and viewership. It will also fill the stands at the track.

NASCAR needs to promote the modified division with more exposure to bring in more sponsors, money, viewers, and developmental drivers. If that doesn't happen the division is going to die out as all the veteran drivers propping it up right now leave the division.

As much as I love mods, the races at New Smyrna bring in much bigger crowds for the late model series than modified. Most of the big mod guys in the area are West in Tampa and run different engines.

worm
11-21-2013, 05:40 PM
because of this you will see less mods at both places now

limodmaniac
11-21-2013, 05:50 PM
gave the K and N the big paying show at New Smyrna and not the mods.. since Daytona is a non points race - might be a good time to tell Nascar to go $*#U itself!

mikel 3
11-21-2013, 07:56 PM
some pretty interesting news on the MRS facebook page today might want to check it out.seems like alot of teams might be bailing of a sinking ship.

limodmaniac
11-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Saw that the 3 team has reserved the 3 for the VMRS.

I just wish as we were all jumping ship, that the bigger purses that come with the Whelen Tour go with them.

Star and Seekonk races should be on every list, as those races will be 1000 to start!!!

Lugnuts
11-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Hey Jim,

First off let me say THANK YOU. You do one hell of a job both promoting and raising money for the mods. I am a RVH regular and am very grateful for what you do. Now that you are retired from teaching I think maybe you should knock on nascars door and get a job being there touring director, you have my vote. What better of a way to get your expenses paid to go to see the mods race. Maybe then the MODS would get the exposure they deserve. They would probably learn a thing or two along the way too. Oh, wait I have a better idea, start your own series, "The JSMRS" Jim Schaefer Modified Racing Series. I would lay money on it that if you did there would be more cars showing up. Again thanks again for what you do. Happy Holidays!

limodmaniac
11-22-2013, 07:31 AM
No thank you. I enjoy the little I do now, because it's not work. It's actually fun. I think that would take all the fun out of it!!

However, make sure everyone keeps Star June 14 and Seekonk ( mid July, i guess) on their schedules!

$1000 to start is our theme. That's not going to change the world, but at least there's a good hearted feel to it!!! Also, doing the same at the first Riverhead race and even talking to some people upstate to maybe do the same for an ROC race at Holland or some place.

Again, the thing that sickens me the most about the Florida situation is NOT Daytona's race. It's the over looking of the modifieds at New Smyrna. It is a huge slap in the face of a division that has been part of New Smyrna forever! And what ever excuse they come up with, they gave the big paying race to a non modified division. Shame on New Smyrna and shame on Nascar for not helping the modifieds once again.

JMB
11-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Why would New Smyrna commit to a WMT points race when barely a handful of the cars that show up for the World Series are regular WMT teams?

limodmaniac
11-23-2013, 02:25 PM
I would think it would have been a combo race. Last year, more modifieds showed up at Daytona than K and N cars!

wrench1
11-26-2013, 01:07 PM
I would think it would have been a combo race. Last year, more modifieds showed up at Daytona than K and N cars!

how many cars do you think are going to make the journey to florida.many teams are just looking for funds to run the regular season.makes no sense to travel to florida.many teams already have said they are only running on a part time basis.lack of funding,and purse size a major concern.nascar better wake the heck up.we may have some races with 12-15 cars.very concerning where this is headed.

rim runner
11-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Unless NASCAR was willing to give the Harts a cut rate deal on a Modified tour purse like they do with Monadnock and Riverhead, why in the world would they shell out over 90K for a NASCAR Modified race? Who the hell can make a profit with a purse like that with those cars in FL?

Earth to NASCAR Modified Tour fans - 99% of the short tracks in America can't afford a NASCAR Modified Tour Show!!!!!

wrench1
11-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Unless NASCAR was willing to give the Harts a cut rate deal on a Modified tour purse like they do with Monadnock and Riverhead, why in the world would they shell out over 90K for a NASCAR Modified race? Who the hell can make a profit with a purse like that with those cars in FL?

Earth to NASCAR Modified Tour fans - 99% of the short tracks in America can't afford a NASCAR Modified Tour Show!!!!!

I totally agree.nascar I believe not the tracks are sucking up all the money.i don't know the specifics on dollars the tracks spend or take in.But do with out a doubt believe the money hungry nascar bunch leave little for anyone but themselves.Nascar could care less about the tour,they are proving that.The best racing is going to suffer.All we will have left is the top crap divisions.follow the leader junk racing .that's all it is.local short track racing is where it is.

MJProcko
11-28-2013, 01:16 AM
It's not the purse that is to expensive, it is the Nascar sanctions and fees. If a regular night of the World Series is 25-30 bucks how much will they have to charge to cover the K&N Series which has a bigger purse than the WMT? I can't see how a half empty house at Langley and Greenville Pickens charging 20 bucks at the gate turns a profit for the K&N Series without help from Nascar.