PDA

View Full Version : Ole Blue, New Series

ShawnCourchesne
11-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Ole Blue, New Series: BRE Expects Part-Time Effort With Mod Tour and Mod Racing Series In 2014 (http://racedayct.com/2013/11/ole-blue-new-series-bre-expects-part-time-effort-with-mod-tour-and-mod-racing-series-in-2014/)

worm
11-22-2013, 03:09 PM
one of the tours big mistakes going to BRITSOL . it is a all week deal for most.and NO $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BigMac
11-22-2013, 04:21 PM
one of the tours big mistakes going to BRITSOL . it is a all week deal for most.and NO $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ask Mike Stefanik if it was a big mistake. He said it was the biggest win of his career. Maybe Fox TV will up the purse in 14.

Goldy
11-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Sure, its a big win - but do they belong there is the question.
For the winner its cool, but everyone else looses money. I'm sure Mike and Christopher Our had a very different view the previous year.

Goldy
11-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Mac – Fox increasing the purse? Don’t count on it – why would they? They got away with their contribution last year – why would they change? Further, why would NASCAR change their approach to anything unless there is direct impact to them? The Daytona deal is a perfect example; absurd concept for a regional touring series, yet they had 33 cars show up – what does that tell them? That these teams that complain about costs are ok with our silly idea – let’s do it again. The dog still poops on the carpet.

Back to Mike and Bristol – might he have said it was his biggest win if they were anywhere else they don’t really belong like say, Darlington, Indy, Talladega?? He could just say he won at Dover and it would have been his biggest (I’d venture to say he would have).. In the end I guess it’s not so much “do they belong there?”, it’s can they make a race like that – any race for that matter, financially “reasonable” for teams and get far away from this downward spiral of money down the tubes, with not enough in return. Forget turning a profit, let’s just get to a point where the majority of teams can sustain their operation for the year.

The Mods sure look cool at Bristol, hell let’s get real – they look great anywhere and I wouldn’t go so far as to say Bristol is a huge mistake as much as Daytona is – but it’s really out of way and out of most peoples schedules (think fans in the seats).. they need to fix the purse structure, address the mid-week date, but if I’m in charge, I’d tune my laser like focus on getting back to the basics of what makes a regional tour successful – and when I say successful, I mean that in a mutual sense, not the one way street it is today.