PDA

View Full Version : 01/05/14 - Mahoning Valley Speedway’s Earl Paules, Ready To Make Indoor Racing Debut

RGeeProductions
01-05-2014, 09:29 PM
In 2013 Earl Paules Jr., raced to his second consecutive Late Model title at Lehighton’s Mahoning Valley Speedway and he did so in record setting fashion, winning 11 features and 12 heats, both single season class records. Paules also won the 2012 Modified title, becoming the first driver to win two titles in the same season.

It was quite an amazing year as not only was he scoring wins regularly with the Late Model, but he also won at least one feature in every car he competed with including a Modified, Enduro, 4-Cylinder Stock and a TQ Midget. All total Paules reeled off an impressive 16 victories last year.

Winning is common place for the talented driver who hails from Palmerton as he ranks second only to Brian DeFebo with 67 wins on the eastern Pennsylvania asphalt circuit. His number of first places reaches much higher of course when you take into consideration he has victories up and down the eastern seaboard but of all those a surprise came last year when he won with a TQ Midget.

The real amazement was that it was only his second time behind the wheel of the winged rocket racer when he drove to Victory Lane at Mahoning on July 13. The race was a sanctioned American Three Quarter Midget Racing Association event where he was offered the ride by car owner Mike Roselli Sr., to be a teammate to his son Matt Roselli.

Showing he was a quick learner, Paules pulled off a thrilling late race pass on Roselli and notched the popular verdict.

For the rest of the year he would continue to race the Roselli car whenever time permitted. Each time out he continued to hone his skill in maneuvering the sleek, nimble racer. He nearly pulled off another win at Mountain Speedway during the King of the Mountain then at Turkey Derby XL, Paules backed up his Mahoning victory and once again defeated the regulars of the ATQMRA.

Now that he has become more acclimated with the TQ, Paules is ready for his next challenge, indoor racing. His entry has been filed and he will be taking part in the twelfth annual NAPA KNOW HOW Atlantic City Indoor Races on Friday and Saturday January 24 and 25 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey and the first ever Battle of Trenton Indoor races presented by PRC Industries/ Angela House Charity Indoor races on Friday and Saturday February 7 and 8 inside the Sun National Bank Center in Trenton, New Jersey.

“I’ve been working hard at getting ready for those races. I’ve been in the gym every night and as much as I can because I know how physical these cars are and those races as well,” said Paules.

“It’s a big thing. Everybody who’s someone will be there and I don’t know what to expect. I’ve watched a few times but to now to actually be in it and on the track, it’s going to be an experience.”

Paules will once again be teamed with Roselli. He will drive the No. 8 Drinan with a Dart 750cc engine. Thanks to the help of Mahoning Valley Speedway promoter Floyd Santee, the car will car Mahoning Valley Speedway as the primary sponsor.

When you’re as a prolific racer as Paules, better known as “The Hurricane” you’re in it to win it and taking a win in either prestigious indoor event would be a huge notch in his career belt.

“That would mean everything and I’m going after it hard. I’m representing Mahoning Valley Speedway which I support that track 100% and they give me the support back. Floyd Santee knows I will give it 110%,” said Paules.

“I’ve already played it through my mind and I know you can’t take any garbage from anyone out there and you have to give it back if they’re going to give it you have to give it right back.”

For ticket information on the two Len Sammons Motorsports Productions promoted events go to www.aarn.com

Dino Oberto