PDA

View Full Version : 01/07/14 - Preece Excited About New Chapter In Stafford's SK Modified® Division

RGeeProductions
01-07-2014, 10:58 PM
After winning 16 SK Modified® races since the start of the 2010 season and the 2011 track championship at Stafford Motor Speedway, Ryan Preece will join a new team for the 2014 season. Preece will switch from the #40 Bob Hitchcock/Kelly Iverson owned team to the 2013 Championship Gunsmoke Stables team owned by Steve Greer.

"I'm looking forward to the 2014 season with Steve Greer, Mike Paquette from CD, Earl Pelletier, the Poulin's, Mark Sullivan, NAPA of Canton, and Canton Auto Supply, we're all excited and we have a really good car. We're already getting ready, we're moving forward, and we're going to try to do what we did last year and maybe even better if we can. I've driven for Steve before and I'm looking forward to it. It's a great group of guys and it's going to be a lot of fun."

When the green flag falls on the 2014 SK Modified® season, Preece will be behind the wheel of the same car that he has driven for the past couple of seasons, only with a new car number and a new car owner. Preece will bring the majority of his #40 crew with him as he moves to the Gunsmoke team, and with two championship winning crews coming together, excitement is in the air.

"It's the same team we've had for the past 3 years without Bob," said Preece. "It's going to be a little different, but we're all looking forward to it. I think we're going to have a good year with the Gunsmoke Stables team and we have everything in place from Mike Pettit building some awesome Pettit power, to the Poulin's, Mike Paquette, Mark Sullivan and everyone that is involved. This is a team deal and it takes everyone to put this together and we can't wait to get started. Obviously I can't thank Steve Greer enough for doing this and we're looking forward to having some fun this season."

Fans who are used to seeing Preece in the #40 car will have to get used to a new car number for the 2014 season. Preece will be racing the #2, which will be a new identity for Preece on the track.

"I've always wanted to run a number like the 2, it's kind of like changing my identity," said Preece. "The 2x was on my grandfather's side of the family and the 40 was the Preece family number and I've been racing that number since I was a kid. It's going to be tough this year, there's a lot of competitive cars, and we'll see if we can do what we did last year but improve by one position in the final standings."

Preece will begin his quest for another track championship with the 43rd Annual Spring Sizzler on April 25-27. For more information, contact the Stafford Motor Speedway track office at 860-684-2783 or visit us on the web at www.staffordspeedway.com.

Scott Running