PDA

View Full Version : New Smynra

scott
01-18-2014, 03:58 PM
So far the speedways web site is showing just 7 modifieds. I can still remember heat races with more cars than that.

worm
01-19-2014, 08:41 AM
let them have there kn cars !

CASHCAD45
02-15-2014, 01:05 PM
let them have there kn cars !

WMT 1 ROC zip here we go again;)

CASHCAD45
02-16-2014, 08:51 AM
WMT 1 ROC zip here we go again;)

WMT2/ROC ZIPPO. NO contesto:applause:

CASHCAD45
02-17-2014, 01:44 PM
WMT2/ROC ZIPPO. NO contesto:applause:

WMT3..ROC still zip. Guess the ROC boys left their A game at home.

jbonez21
02-18-2014, 10:31 AM
I went to the K&N race Sunday, the modifieds ran a 35 lap feature afterwards which was one of the worst races I've ever seen.

Only 15 tour cars started and 6 finished. A few meaningless wrecks and engine failures.

Ron Silk had the only decent car but had to pit with a tire going down so Eric Gooddale won. No parity between any of the cars so it was mostly single file racing.

Don't think I"ll be going back for the 100 lap Richie Evans memorial unless by some miracle a bunch of the cars from the Battle at the Beach show up. I'll skip the battle at the beach as well since the makeshift race track is awful. Probably won't catch any mod races on TV since they moved them all behind a paywall on Fox Sports 2. Modified racing really has gone down the stinker. :help:

fastbackss
02-18-2014, 11:01 AM
No parity between any of the cars so it was mostly single file racing. :

I couldn't help but wonder how it was when I saw how close all the cars were in practise.

Probably won't catch any mod races on TV since they moved them all behind a paywall on Fox Sports 2. :
I don't have FS2 either - but will likely watch the replay on FS1 tonight if I can stay up that late haha

jbonez21
02-18-2014, 11:48 AM
I couldn't help but wonder how it was when I saw how close all the cars were in practise.

I don't have FS2 either - but will likely watch the replay on FS1 tonight if I can stay up that late haha

Are they re-playing the Battle at the Beach on FS1? That would be great.

Gil
02-18-2014, 09:53 PM
Someone please post when the reply is scheduled to be shown? Thanks!

RGeeProductions
02-18-2014, 09:56 PM
11pm TONIGHT.... Fox Sports 1 (SPEED)

Gil
02-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Thank you!

fastbackss
02-19-2014, 12:20 AM
11pm TONIGHT.... Fox Sports 1 (SPEED)

I was worried when 11pm came and a basketball game still had 6 minutes to go. I thought for sure would join race 'in progress' - but they played the whole thing.

Thanks for that.

They then went directly to their fox sports live - I am not sure if they were supposed to replay the KN East race, but I am ok with the modifieds alone being on twice haha

jbonez21
02-19-2014, 09:18 AM
I was worried when 11pm came and a basketball game still had 6 minutes to go. I thought for sure would join race 'in progress' - but they played the whole thing.

Thanks for that.

They then went directly to their fox sports live - I am not sure if they were supposed to replay the KN East race, but I am ok with the modifieds alone being on twice haha

Yes it was great to be able to watch the race even though the track setup is horrible and doesn't lend well to exciting modified racing.

They did say on the TV broadcast that Coby will be at New Smyrna for the Richie Evans memorial 100 lap race Friday night so hopefully more of the big boys follow and we can have a good mod race Friday night! I'm still holding out hope... :D

JWfor8x
02-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Yes it was great to be able to watch the race even though the track setup is horrible and doesn't lend well to exciting modified racing.

They did say on the TV broadcast that Coby will be at New Smyrna for the Richie Evans memorial 100 lap race Friday night so hopefully more of the big boys follow and we can have a good mod race Friday night! I'm still holding out hope... :D

The track was not great, but it was a tremendous improvement over last year. I also think NASCAR did a good job setting it up.I liked the tv coverage but do wish that they could have had an in car camera, I also liked the fact that they had mod guys announcing. As far as the race itself, at least they set it up so that they could stay green when there was a minor s1pin. I felt bad for Preece, but it just looked yo me like Sapienza tried to get down out of the way and made a mistake. Good win for Coby.

RGeeProductions
02-19-2014, 04:04 PM

I thought the track worked out fairly well.
I take it that you probably wouldn't like Bowman Gray.....

CASHCAD45
02-20-2014, 04:44 PM
WMT 4 ROC 0.. ROC boys struggl'n just to be in top 5:rolleyes:

NC Mudcat
02-21-2014, 09:53 AM
Bonsignore wins Thursday night. Hirschman second, but is DQed.

From Speed51.com:
"11:02
The update from the tech shed indicates it was a left side weight infraction for Matt Hirschman.
11:07
A member of the team tells 51 that the weight is different every time they cross over the scales. The team is frustrated by this and is unsure if they will return tomorrow."

Don't they all use the same scales? Would hate to see the skip the Richie Evans memorial due to this.

CASHCAD45
02-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Bonsignore wins Thursday night. Hirschman second, but is DQed.

From Speed51.com:
"11:02
The update from the tech shed indicates it was a left side weight infraction for Matt Hirschman.
11:07
A member of the team tells 51 that the weight is different every time they cross over the scales. The team is frustrated by this and is unsure if they will return tomorrow."

Don't they all use the same scales? Would hate to see the skip the Richie Evans memorial due to this.

OH BOY! the ROC boys gotta bolt the ole LS led on to try and beat the WMT guys... shame shame :-B

CASHCAD45
02-22-2014, 12:08 PM
OH BOY! the ROC boys gotta bolt the ole LS led on to try and beat the WMT guys... shame shame :-B

Well we now know whitch mod series is tops:) Also looks like a certain MRS phenom has a ways to go if gonna fill a 9 time champs drivers shors. Experiancad wily vets can really carry a team when race time rolls around.

RGeeProductions
02-22-2014, 07:45 PM
And if it was 9 RoC guys - 2 WMT guys - 2 VMRS guys - we would have the RoC as the best series
or
If it was 9 VMRS guys - 2 WMT guys - 2 RoC guys - we would have the VMRS as the best series

Bob T. Racer
02-23-2014, 07:18 PM
Well we now know whitch mod series is tops:) Also looks like a certain MRS phenom has a ways to go if gonna fill a 9 time champs drivers shors. Experiancad wily vets can really carry a team when race time rolls around.

Trust me the MRS phenom is going to be just fine!!!!!!!!