PDA

View Full Version : 01/30/14 - Ernie Saxton resigns public relations position with Grandview Speedway

RGeeProductions
01-30-2014, 05:21 PM
ERNIE SAXTON RESIGNS PUBLIC RELATIONS POSITION WITH GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY AFTER 47 YEARS

“I was trying for 50 years at Grandview but we (my wife and I) have decided it is time to retire after 47 years of handling the public relations, advertising, program book publishing and sponsorship efforts,” said Ernie Saxton. “I had given up the announcing at the end of the 2013 season after 45 years and thought that I could continue as part of the Grandview team. However after giving it a great deal of thought I found that we just could not put forth the best efforts without being there that is what the Rogers family (operators of the speedway) deserves. We have discussed the pros and cons of continuing on, but in the end we feel it is best to resign as a member of the Grandview staff.”

Over the years the NASCAR sanctioned track, located in Bechtelsville, PA has become one of the most successful short tracks in the nation and just recently announced a very busy schedule of events, offering a lot of variety, for the 2014 season.

“Having just celebrated another birthday, I am realizing that there are a lot of things I would like to do on my bucket list and being at Grandview on a regular basis would make that difficult,” Saxton commented. “It has been a great 47 years. The Rogers family have been wonderful to work with and they have been more like family than employers. I wish them nothing but the best and we do plan to visit during the season.”

Saxton will continue to operate his public relations, marketing and sponsorship consulting firm, Ernie Saxton Communications, in Langhorne, PA. In addition he and his wife will continue to publish their popular sponsorship marketing newsletter, Motorsports Sponsorship Marketing News, which has helped so many with their sponsorship efforts and keeps subscribers informed on what is going on in sponsorship marketing.

Details on the newsletter and the services provided can be found at www.saxtonsponsormarket.com.

In addition Ernie will continue to pen motorsports columns for seven different publications including daily newspapers, trade publications and monthly magazines.

Ernie Saxton Communications, Inc. will continue to work with Len Sammons Productions with their indoor racing events and annual Motorsports show.

Saxton also works with race teams and promoters to assist them in their efforts to secure sponsorship with proposals, contact letters, media releases, and more.

The veteran marketer can be reached at 215.52.7797 or on his cell phone at 267.934.7286.

Ernie Saxton