PDA

View Full Version : Prestoria Farms Sponsor for the Caraway Race this week End

Rich Mergl
03-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Where is Prestoria Farms located, and what are they or what do they do ??
Friend of mine lives in Ashboro NC about 3 miles from the track and is asking me. He and his neighbors never heard of them.

Racer1_NC
03-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Friend of mine lives in Ashboro NC about 3 miles from the track and is asking me. He and his neighbors never heard of them.

No clue.....

JWfor8x
03-27-2014, 10:38 AM

The closest that I could find is Prestoria Motorsports LL: in Ashboro, NC but I doubt that it is that.

fastbackss
03-27-2014, 10:54 AM
The closest that I could find is Prestoria Motorsports LL: in Ashboro, NC but I doubt that it is that.

See, now that is interesting. I did a cursory search yesterday and couldn't find jack-all.

Using the information you gave, it shows that Prestoria Motorsports was the promoter for the 2011 NSS. If that is the case, it would not be a big step to presume involvement with a WSMT race.
Digging further...
Prestoria Motorsports is owned by the Hackett's.
The Hacketts took over Caraway in 2011, and the incorporation date for Prestoria Motorsports was in December of 2010. One of its addresses is the same as the track...so...essentially the race is being sponsored by the management group of the track?

Mrs. Hackett also is the manager or equivalent for Prestoria Properties? Is that somehow the link...perhaps starting a farm?

Regardless - it is one step above shady that there is a race sponsor that is invisible on the Web.
-Mike

Racer1_NC
03-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Prestoria Motorsports is owned by the Hackett's.
The Hacketts took over Caraway in 2011, and the incorporation date for Prestoria Motorsports was in December of 2010. One of its addresses is the same as the track...so...essentially the race is being sponsored by the management group of the track?

More than likely this is the answer. Prestoria Farms 150 sounds a lot better than We Can't Pull a Sponsor for This Race 150.

Rich Mergl
03-28-2014, 04:40 PM
I guess thats going to be the best answer.
Thank You all for your efforts

SteveS
03-29-2014, 08:14 AM
More than likely this is the answer. Prestoria Farms 150 sounds a lot better than We Can't Pull a Sponsor for This Race 150. But it does show some serious commitment from the owners. It could have been called cancelled.

Racer1_NC
03-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Don't fool yourself.....they make money off the modified shows, sponsored or not.......if they didn't, they wouldn't want so many of them every season.

RBH
03-30-2014, 08:52 PM
I'll put the positive spin on this, I'm glad they make a profit on the modified shows because that keeps the track in business & more places to race.

SteveS
03-31-2014, 01:15 PM
I'll put the positive spin on this, I'm glad they make a profit on the modified shows because that keeps the track in business & more places to race.And here I was just contemplating what no good, "capitalist pig bastages" they must be-If they dare make money the government must annex them immediately! Seriously though, maybe they need to share their formula with the other track owners.

Racer1_NC
04-01-2014, 12:12 PM
And here I was just contemplating what no good, "capitalist pig bastages" they must be-If they dare make money the government must annex them immediately! Seriously though, maybe they need to share their formula with the other track owners.

Such anger.....I never stated it was a bad thing for a track to make money. I was just pointing out they have no need for a sponsor to hold tour race. Sheesh.....

SteveS
04-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Such anger.....I never stated it was a bad thing for a track to make money. I was just pointing out they have no need for a sponsor to hold tour race. Sheesh.....
No anger at all, just funnin'. I know the Southern tour purses are less than up here but can they really turn a profit from the gates alone?

Axel
04-03-2014, 12:52 PM
havet heard the term "bastages" used in many years. Good one Steve S.