PDA

View Full Version : Thompson TV Coverage

modracer1
04-01-2014, 01:41 PM
From the FansChoiceTV Twitter acct

#Icebreaker coverage from @ThompsonSpdwy will be live Sat. & #NWAAS live Sun; #NWMT race will air on #FansChoiceTV at conc. of Cup race :)

Good news for those that can't make it to Thompson.

Racer1_NC
04-01-2014, 04:45 PM
From the FansChoiceTV Twitter acct

#Icebreaker coverage from @ThompsonSpdwy will be live Sat. & #NWAAS live Sun; #NWMT race will air on #FansChoiceTV at conc. of Cup race :)

Good news for those that can't make it to Thompson.
That's great news! SoBo live Saturday.....then Thompson on the net Sunday. Hard to beat that....

modracer1
04-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Looks like South Boston will be live too for the WSMT race.

Thompson will have one manned camera on the press box roof with audio via Victory Lane Radio.
Live stream will begin at 2 pm ET on Saturday and noon on Sunday.

All action Saturday and NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Sunday will be live. The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour race will air on FansChoice.tv at the conclusion of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event on FOX.
Langley, Evergreen and South Boston will have three fixed cameras - two on the roof and one on the flagstand, with audio via PA.

South Boston will go live at 9:30 am ET, Langley at 2 pm ET and Evergreen at 4:30 pm ET

spotter27
04-06-2014, 03:34 PM
well good thing we have coverage from TCH cause nothing on video from Thompson as of 335pm

RGeeProductions
04-06-2014, 10:27 PM
well good thing we have coverage from TCH cause nothing on video from Thompson as of 335pm
Coverage of the WMT was to be shown after the Cup race. The Cup race was on rain delay. We watched the race on FANSCHOICE.tv on the ferry after the race.

ModTourMan
04-07-2014, 09:11 AM
I had car trouble the morning of the race and wound up staying home. I watched the race live on Fanschoice.TV. The coverage was not bad for just having a single camera. The announcers seemed a little green...got a few of the names wrong here and there but I was glad to see the race.

uticamike
04-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Yeah I too enjoyed the coverage. Not a high production deal but hey...better than nothing. The SoBo coverage was actually pretty good with 3 cameras. The picture was very clear also. Sunday I had buffering issues
for much of the race and the one camera was... well again better than nothing. Here's hoping the Thompson coverage improves in the future. We need a corner shot off turn two to see those classic slide jobs up close.
Overall I'd rate it a B+.

limodmaniac
04-08-2014, 07:55 AM
How much money does the track receive for allowing the coverage? I know many people who did not attend the event, but were able to watch it on fanschoice.tv

Racer1_NC
04-08-2014, 12:53 PM
I enjoyed watching it.....wasn't like being there, but it didn't cost like being there either. It's great for mod fans in the south that can't make it to many northern tour races.

LiquidBread
04-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I thought it was pretty good too. My guess is that they'll get better with driver names and cameras as the year goes on. Not a bad alternative if you can't be there in person, but I still miss the roar and rubber smell......

Gil
04-10-2014, 02:11 AM
What does it cost to watch races on fan choice?

RGeeProductions
04-10-2014, 08:16 AM
What does it cost to watch races on fan choice?

Nothing and no sign up.
Free stream.

Gil
04-11-2014, 03:13 AM
Thank you. I'll have to try and get it.

RGeeProductions
04-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Thank you. I'll have to try and get it.
http://www.fanschoice.tv/

Gil
04-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Thanks again. That is the link i found. I hope that they cover Valenti Mods one of these days.