PDA

View Full Version : Lack of WMT teams at Lee.

CASHCAD45
05-21-2014, 03:40 PM
I find the griping about WMT team not showing up at Lee very amusing. Here's why #1 it was on MOTHERS DAY there is a reason why NASCAR doesn't race on this day!! DUH!! #2 WMT owners have been building specialized teams with equipt assembled and on maintenance schedules designed to win a WMT title.#3 Its their $$$

RBH
05-21-2014, 10:46 PM
A WMT legal car finished 2nd albeit with a different driver, several WMT drivers were there, it was a good race on a beautiful day, those that were there seemed to enjoy themselves.
Remember, I think the organizers had a reasonable day, they tried something different & I hope they try it again. Everyone could have been home sitting on the sofa with no options.
STOP your *****ing, complaining, negative remarks and ENJOY WHAT is AVAILABLE before there are no options.
Have fun at the races this weekend.
Support more than your weekly stop.

JWfor8x
05-22-2014, 10:40 AM
I find the griping about WMT team not showing up at Lee very amusing. Here's why #1 it was on MOTHERS DAY there is a reason why NASCAR doesn't race on this day!! DUH!! #2 WMT owners have been building specialized teams with equipt assembled and on maintenance schedules designed to win a WMT title.#3 Its their $$$

I have heard a lot of griping that there are only 14 races on the WMT schedule. It was Mothers Day? Really, I didn't the owners of the 39 cars that DID show up have mothers too? I have heard griping about the purses at WMT events. Lee had a decent payout thanks to Jim Schaefer and others who make a tremendous effort and spend a lot of their time and money trying to help the WMT teams throughout the WMT season. For not even one simgle full time WMT team, to show up at Lee shows an amazing lack of respect as far as I am concerned and I, for one, am not amused in the least. As for the WMT drivers and others who are involved with the tour that did show up at Lee, I applaud them, real racers race.

CASHCAD45
05-22-2014, 02:03 PM
WOW now your saying Bob Garberino,Buzz Chew, Ed Partridge, Jamie Tomaino, Wade Cole, Edgar Goodale aren't REAL RACERS! Talk about no resect!! come on they have a right to what they want with their equipt.

uticamike
05-22-2014, 07:25 PM
WOW now your saying Bob Garberino,Buzz Chew, Ed Partridge, Jamie Tomaino, Wade Cole, Edgar Goodale aren't REAL RACERS! Talk about no resect!! come on they have a right to what they want with their equipt.

No one questioned their right. What maybe a question is why some didn't show that said they would.

Does Jim have the right to expect to have some teams show after all he's done to boost purses at Riverhead in the past?

btw Dirt tracks run on Mothers Day and the world doesn't stop spinning.

CASHCAD45
05-23-2014, 08:07 AM
That proves it. DIRT racers weren't born they were hatched! lol

fastbackss
05-23-2014, 08:40 AM
cashcad,

Correct, it is their equipment and they are free to do what they will with it.

But what are some of the gripes we have heard over the last few years from NASCAR WMT tour runners...
- not enough races
- purses aren't high enough
- not enough tv
- schedules that require multiple days at the track
- rules that drive cost

Those are the first 5 I thought of. And 4 of the 5 were addressed by this race.

If the teams will not support it, which is their right if they choose too, they can't gripe about the above. Because now - yourself as a NASCAR stalwart - if you complain about any of the above I will remind you of the comments you made in the past. You don't get to complain on both sides of the fence.
-Mike

RGeeProductions
05-23-2014, 09:21 AM
cashcad,

But what are some of the gripes we have heard over the last few years from tour runners...
- not enough races
- not enough tv
- rules that drive cost

If the teams will not support it, which is their right if they choose too, they can't gripe about the above. Because now - yourself as a NASCAR stalwart - if you complain about any of the above I will remind you of the comments you made in the past. You don't get to complain on both sides of the fence.
-Mike

Mike, I do believe your one line should read:

But what are some of the gripes we have heard over the last few years from tour runners ABOUT THE NASCAR WHELEN MODIFIED TOUR...
Not modified racing in general....

JWfor8x
05-23-2014, 10:50 AM

I never saod anything at all about those guys not being real racers. I was speaking of the WMT drivers who did show up. The point I was making was simply that it is disappointing that not one full time WMT owner chose to support someone who has for made a tremendous effort over the years to support them. I stand by that.

fastbackss
05-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Mike, I do believe your one line should read:

But what are some of the gripes we have heard over the last few years from tour runners ABOUT THE NASCAR WHELEN MODIFIED TOUR...
Not modified racing in general....

yes you are absolutely correct - I shall edit my original post. Thanks Richie

CASHCAD45
05-24-2014, 06:44 PM
cashcad,

But what are some of the gripes we have heard over the last few years from NASCAR WMT tour runners...
- not enough races
- not enough tv
- rules that drive cost

-Mike I feel I can gripe because when I say I'd like to see changes I mean to the WMT. I see it like this, the WMT is like my family and I want them to change within it I don't want a NEW family! Now some people (teams ) opted to move away from NASCAR and I wish them well, but I don't want to leave the WMT! Do I love every thing NASCAR does no, but I still love THE TOUR I've only missed 5 races since 1985 and spent thousands of dollars supporting the WMT&WSMT I I ldon't want to move to VMS. ROC or open shows. I admire all of Jims had work on the Riverhead races and can't thank him enough i believe all the WMT owners thank him too
they just prefer to race where the NASCAR points are and I certainly get that.