PDA

View Full Version : 05/30/14 - Lady Luck Smiles on Jason Myers at Bowman Gray

RGeeProductions
05-31-2014, 08:09 AM
What a difference a week can make if you’re Jason Myers of Walnut Cove.

Myers spun out as he was leading the race last week in the Brad’s Golf Cars Modified Series at Bowman Gray Stadium - but found himself last night catching lucky break after lucky break to make his way to the checkered for the
Camping World 100.

“You got to have some luck and tonight luck was definitely on our side,” said Myers. After drawing ninth when the full field drew for starting position, Myers steadily made his way forward. “Every restart worked out, I got by the
cars I needed to get by, and I was gradually working my way up,” said Myers, who particularly made good use of the double-file restarts. “If your line doesn’t go, you don’t have any control over it – you just try to make a hole. Every line
we got in tonight went. We made a hole. I think we passed a car on just about every restart.”

While Myers sat in third, Lee Jeffreys of Wallburg and Tommy Neal of Walkertown battled for the lead. Jeffreys qualified on the pole and then drew the pole for his start in a stroke of good luck, but Jeffreys’s luck ran out as he
tangled with Neal.

Jeffreys successfully defended his lead against the outside row challenge from Neal for four restarts. But as the two raced at the halfway point, they collided with each other and then rammed the guard rail and protective barrels in
turn three.

“He was pushing me to the outside every time we tried to go green,” said Neal about Jeffreys. “We just got together coming out a little bit loose and we touched tires. We got back together again in the middle of the straightaway
and that was all they wrote.”

Jeffreys was frustrated at the way Neal raced with him. “I’ve watched Tommy Neal race for years and he’s pretty dirty,” said Jeffreys. “He wanted to pinch me going down the backstretch. That’s fine if he wants to race like that. He’ll
be back and I’ll be back - and I’ll show him the Jeffreys way.”

The tussle between Jeffreys and Neal paved the way for Jason Myers to grab the lead. “I got lucky I got by that wreck,” said Myers.

The good luck for Myers then continued as rain began to pour, awarding him the checkered flag before he had the burden of defending his lead against John Smith of Mount Airy and Danny Bohn of Huntersville behind him.

“I’m not one for hoping it rains while I’m leading but I sure was tonight. I really think we had a good enough car tonight to win the race anyway, but I’ll take them any way I can get them,” said Myers, who relished his good luck. “It
might be the opposite tomorrow night - but we’ll take this trophy home tonight, celebrate, and not have to work all night to get this thing ready for tomorrow.”

John Smith finished in second with Danny Bohn taking third.

In the Double D Construction Services Sportsman Series, Derek Stoltz of Walkertown grabbed the checkered flag. The victory was an emotional vindication for Stoltz, who was disqualified from the longest Sportsman race of the
season just one week earlier. Kenny Bost of Lexington finished in second. Michael Tilley of Winston-Salem came in third.

Donnie Martin of Winston-Salem won the Q104.1 New Country Street Stock Series race after the time limit expired on lap 16. David Sumner of Trinity and Steven Berrier of Germanton finished second and third.

The remaining races were cancelled due to inclement weather.

The racing action continues tonight with the NASCAR Hall of Fame 150 for the K&N Pro Series East. Plus the Modifieds will race in another white-knuckled 100-lapper.

And it will be Two Dollar Ladies’ Night – all women get in for only two bucks to see all the racing action.

Gates open at 5:30 for practice and the first race is at 8:00. Ticket prices, directions, and more information can be found online at www.bowmangrayracing.com or by calling (336) 723-1819.

Brad’s Golf Cars Modified Series
Camping World 100: 55 of 100 laps completed (race ended early due to inclement weather)
FINISH CAR DRIVER HOMETOWN
1 4 Jason Myers Walnut Cove, NC
2 25 John Smith Mount Airy, NC
3 53 Danny Bohn Huntersville, NC
4 05 Tony Black Lexington, NC
5 11 Frank Fleming Mount Airy, NC
6 1 Burt Myers Walnut Cove, NC
7 69 Junior Miller Danbury, NC
8 13 Chris Fleming Mount Airy, NC
9 5 Randy Butner Pfafftown, NC
10 83 Tim Brown Tobaccoville, NC
11 48 Brad Robbins Winston-Salem, NC
12 12 Mike Norman Lewisville, NC
13 92 Brody Jones Statesville, NC
14 2 Joseph Brown Lewisville, NC
15 51 Kyle Ebersole Hummelstown, PA
16 21 Tommy Neal Walkertown, NC
17 77 Lee Jeffreys Winston-Salem, NC
18 40 Luke Fleming Mount Airy, NC
19 27 Mike Bohn Winston-Salem, NC
20 28 Austin Pack Walkertown, NC
21 3 Danny Propst Waxhaw, NC
22 66 Ronnie Clifton Walkertown, NC
23 71 Dean Ward Winston-Salem, NC
24 7 Matt Cotner Rural Hall, NC
25 79 Spencer Davis Dawsonville, GA
26 75 Robert Jeffreys Winston-Salem, NC

Double D Construction Services Sportsman Series
Sportsman race: 20 laps
1 02 Derek Stoltz Walkertown, NC
2 18 Kenny Bost Lexington, NC
3 28 Michael Tilley Winston-Salem, NC
4 86 Taylor Branch Lewisville, NC
5 31 Ryan Robertson Winston-Salem, NC
6 81 Zack Clifton Walkertown, NC
7 00 Justin Taylor King, NC
8 55 Dillion Ward Winston-Salem, NC
9 68 Robbie Brewer Winston-Salem, NC
10 4 John Holleman Winston-Salem, NC
11 19 Michael Adams Yadkinville, NC
12 79 David Adams Yadkinville, NC
13 11 Wayne Hill Winston-Salem, NC
14 64 Steven Truell Winston-Salem, NC
15 10 Jacob Griffin Winston-Salem, NC
16 72 Mark Foust Winston-Salem, NC
17 71 D.J. Moore Germanton, NC

Q104.1 New Country Street Stock Series
16 of 20 laps completed (time limit expired)
1 00 Donnie Martin Winston-Salem, NC
2 1 David Sumner Trinity, NC
3 4 Steven Berrier Germanton, NC
4 99 John McNeal Winston-Salem, NC
5 8 K.J. Stimpson Lewisville, NC
6 30 Blake Shupe Mount Airy, NC
7 50 Austin Edwards Winston-Salem, NC
8 22 Brian Wall Winston-Salem, NC
9 98 Billy Gregg Lexington, NC
10 14 Aaron Hylton Kernersville, NC
11 20 Derrick Rice Kernersville, NC