PDA

View Full Version : 06/07/14 - 14-year Old Kyle Strohl Is The Real Deal At Mahoning

RGeeProductions
06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Wins Second Mahoning Modified Feature In 8th Starts

He’s done it again. 14-year old Kyle Strohl of Palmerton won for a second time this season with a Modified, backing up his first victory from April 26. On Baltimore Life Insurance Fan Appreciation Night, the rookie showed a great crowd and his competitors that he is indeed, “The Real Deal.”
When he won that first race he defeated none other than track champion Eric Beers. This time it was another champ whom he got the better of, Earl Paules
K. Strohl started on the front next to Lou Strohl (no relation) and once the action got underway he was planted firmly in second.
Early in the race Chip Santee kept pace with the front two until his car tightened and gradually slipped back. Earl Paules raced by Santee on lap 11 which, on the same circuit, a caution waved for a skirmish between point leader Beers and Troy Bollinger.
It was on the restart that K. Strohl made his move for the lead after L. Strohl got loose just as the field was completing lap 12. With the advantage of running on the outside lane, K. Strohl whizzed past and into the top spot.
“I was just bidding my time and waiting for the right moment to make a pass on Lou (Strohl). When he got loose I knew that was my chance and I took it,” said K. Strohl.
Paules and Don Wagner also drove by L. Strohl and the two well-versed veterans began a torrid pursuit on the young talent. Paules was glued his bumper and year of experience notwithstanding, the kid kept him at bay.
“What an amazing feeling to win with a Modified again. We had a real good car in the heat and it stayed perfect throughout the feature,” said K. Strohl.
“To be able to beat guys like Earl Paules and Don Wagner is unbelievable to me. We’re still learning things about the Modified and I can’t thank my dad and all the crew for the work they put into all this.”
Paules did all he could but had to settle for second. He made several stabs at the lead and with laps running out a caution with five to go gave an edge to the winner as it was a single file restart which made things just a bit easier to the finish.
“I was just protecting the bottom line,” said K. Strohl.

Paul Koehler, Jr., was part of close runs in the past two weeks where he watched both Earl Paules and Mike Sweeney take Late Model wins. This week was his.
The leader in career class victories, Koehler used the outside line on lap five to power by George Ramos for the lead. He then withstood a constant challenge from Frankie Althouse and the Paules en route to his first win of the season and 56th with the division. Koehler dedicated the win to Bob “Heavy” Scherer who passed away two weeks ago.

Todd Ahner became the first repeat winner with the Street Stocks. Starting from the pole Ahner kept the field in check the entire 30 laps. However, it didn’t come without some stiff opposition.
Jillian Long and Jonathan Tracey were side-by-side while breathing all over him. There was also a caution with two laps to go and on the restart Long did all she could to make a pass but Ahner was able to hold on by a mere .257-second win.

For the second time in as many weeks the Dirt Mods saw a first time winner take the checkers. Billy Lowden, Jr., has been strong, has led laps and been oh so close to a win. Saturday night it his long wait was over.
Lowden led all 25 laps for his first ever win at Mahoning Valley and in a dirt car. At the drop of the green he was first out front and was then being tracked by Jack Ely until lap six when point leader Kevin Graver, Jr., raced to second.
The action was intense from there on as Lowden and Graver where in a wheel-to-wheel battle. Graver tried nearly every lap to go for the lead but Lowden would not give in and scored a long overdue victory.

In the Pro 4s Nick Baer has done it again, winning for a second straight week and third time this year. Baer ran behind early leader Bobby Kibler, Jr., and waited until two laps to go to make his move for the lead. Afterwards he cruised to his unprecedented seventh straight top two finish.

In the Hobby Stocks Corey Edelman returned to Victory Lane for the second week in a row and fourth time in seven 2014 starts.

Alex Greenzweig earned his first victory at Mahoning Valley in the Micro Stock main. A top Kart and Micro Stock racer, Greenzweig inherited the lead on lap 15 and then cruised to the win over Robert McGuire and DJ Wagner.

Modified Feature Finish (35 Laps): 1. Kyle Strohl, 2. Earl Paules, 3. Don Wagner, 4. Lou Strohl, 5. Brandon Oltra, 6. Kris Graver, 7. Scott Meckes, 8. Todd Baer, 9. Rick Reichenbach, 10. Chip Santee, 11. Terry Markovic, 12. Eric Beers, 13.Brian Romig, 14. Nevin George, 15. John Markovic, 16. Brent Wentz, 17. Brandon Kressler, 18. Jim Bojohnny, 19. Troy Bollinger

Late Model Feature Finish (25 Laps): 1. Paul Koehler, Jr., 2. Earl Paules, 3. Frankie Althouse, 4. Mike Sweeney, 5. Paul Effrig, 6. Danielle Paules, 7. George Ramos, 8. Geno Steigerwalt, 9. Jeremy Miller, 10. Jacob Kerstetter, 11. Rick Reichenbach, 12. Jacob Nemeth

Street Stock Feature Finish (30 Laps): 1. Todd Ahner, 2. Jillian Long, 3. Jonathan Tracey, 4. Dan Freundt, 5. Lonnie Behler, Sr., 6. Jared Ahner, 7. Joe Mooney, 8. Steven Steigerwalt, 9. Chip Wanamaker, 10. TJ Gursky, 11. Jamie Smith, 12. Stacey Brown, 13. Dave Chapman, 14. Matt Wentz, 15. Cody Roth, 16. Jason Kuhn, 17. Randy Ahner, Jr., 18. Gene Bowers, 19. Josh Mooney, 20. Zach Graver
DNQ: Aaron Kromer, DJ Wagner, Lonnie Behler, Jr., Logan Boyer

Dirt Modified Feature Finish (25 Laps): 1. Billy Lowden, Jr., 2. Kevin Graver, Jr., 3. Aleia Geisler, 4. Jack Ely, 5. Mike Stofflet, 6. Ray Deemer, 7. JP Curry, 8. Billy Lasko, 9. Ricky Yetter

Pro 4 Feature Finish (20 Laps): 1. Nick Baer, 2. Jesse Snyder, 3. Jake Kibler, 4. Tyler Stangle, 5. Bobby Kibler, Jr., 6. Chad Miller, 7. Kailyn Beers, 8. Cody Kohler DQ: Dave Chapman

Hobby Stock Feature Finish (15 Laps): 1. Corey Edelman, 2. Tim Oswald, 3. Cody Geist, 4. Shayne Geist, 5. Jeff Biegley, 6. Shawn Hoffman, 7. Steve McDonough, 8. Alton Snyder, Jr., 9. Kevin Behler, 10. Rich Mutarelli

Micro Stock Feature Finish (20 Laps): 1. Alex Greenzweig, 2. Robert McGuire 3. DJ Wagner, 4. Wayne Krenn, 5. Roger Snyder, 6. Bob Wagner, 7. John Rakos, 8. Mario Oberto, 9. Tyler Wagner, 10. Ken Dengler, Jr., 11. Walt Mueller, 12. Tyler Stangle, 13. Brian Russell, 14. Roy Morris, 15. Shawn Dengler, 16. Al Vanhart, 17. Walter Johnson, 18. Sarah Heller, 19.Larry Ealey, 20. TJ Kemmerer

Dino Oberto