PDA

View Full Version : The fortins

Lugnuts
07-06-2014, 10:42 PM
Just curious as to where the Fortins have been. My understanding is that some weeks back here was some form of altercation and that they were suspended/sat down for two weeks. Is this true, if so what was the issue?

The second part of this is with car counts down does it make sense for anyone to get suspended. I don't condone fighting or altercations but; with a team like the fortins (3 cars), which means 12 tires, more fuel, more pit entry fees and more importantly more cars on the track I think a little leeway should be given, in fact leeway should be given to any team right now. The stands are rather empty every week. Low car counts does not bring people in the gate. I for one have been going to the track for 15-20 years and I will say its a sad state of afares from what it used to be. I get it, that a lot of things are different now, but i will add that I will not be frequenting the track on a weekly basis any longer as I am not driving an hour to watch 10-14 cars per division (on a good night) i beieive two weeks ago there were 11 mods, with the execption of the BB's and legends.

Just for the record I am not defending the fortins however, take a look at the big picture folks. The stands are empty. How much longer will it last before no one shows and the place is gone.

Gil
07-08-2014, 12:53 AM
Which track do they race at?

RGeeProductions
07-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Riverhead Raceway Gil....

Gil
07-11-2014, 02:09 AM
Thank you, Richie This is why i wasn't familiar with their name.