PDA

View Full Version : New Chassis at NHMS

Goldy
07-14-2014, 10:57 AM
So it looks like this new LFR Chassis was a big success – a contender right out of the box. Just like they said.. because I wasn’t there and haven’t seen any close ups – can anyone explain at a high level how this LFR chassis differs from a Troyer ? – from the pictures I’ve seen, they look similar..

… and the TC car – was this a new chassis as well – or something old with new sheet metal? I recall he bought some of the old Mystique chassis, including one of the tour cars. Just wondering if this is that car, reborn..?

Side note – with the Troyer domination well in hand on the WMT (and most other tours), it’s great to see some competition, something different out there.. I do miss a variety of chassis in the field – RW, CD, Spafco, BRE, etc..

Rob29
07-14-2014, 12:03 PM
Can't comment on how the LFR differs from a Troyer, but I can comment on TC's car.

It was an old Mystique chassis that was refurbished into an almost brand new race car.

Goldy
07-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Thanks Rob – that’s what I thought and actually was hoping for.. that car or specifically, that chassis and set up with TC and Kuhnel was really something. I especially like that fact that he retrofitted that old and very successful chassis vs. buying something new out of the Troyer shop. Not that that’s a bad thing – I just appreciate the creativity and ingenuity of something homebuilt.

As far as the LFR chassis – I’m not sure what the answer is I’m looking for, but my assumption is that Fuller had a Troyer – and I’m just curious if this is something close to that design or something a bit more different and unique? Without getting all nostalgic, I thought it was always cool to see someone’s home built creation, pushing the envelope.. CJ comes to mind..

RGeeProductions
07-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks Rob – that’s what I thought and actually was hoping for.. that car or specifically, that chassis and set up with TC and Kuhnel was really something. I especially like that fact that he retrofitted that old and very successful chassis vs. buying something new out of the Troyer shop. Not that that’s a bad thing – I just appreciate the creativity and ingenuity of something homebuilt.

As far as the LFR chassis – I’m not sure what the answer is I’m looking for, but my assumption is that Fuller had a Troyer – and I’m just curious if this is something close to that design or something a bit more different and unique? Without getting all nostalgic, I thought it was always cool to see someone’s home built creation, pushing the envelope.. CJ comes to mind..

Goldy, if you do Facebook, there are many shots of the LFR chassis posted.....

BigMac
07-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Chassis wars are fun. The LFR are a factory line chassis that is looking to increase sales and production. I don't think its just a home built chassis.

Goldy
07-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Understood Mac... I know they are a full blown shop and looking to crank out some builds and this is a great way to start - but I imagine the chassis design was someones brainchild, not sure if that was Rob or someone else or if it differes in some way than say a Troyer.. perhaps some of this is on thier website or FB page but.. in a nutshell, if I'm a prospective buyer (which I'm not), what's the selling point? (i.e., it's all purpose, it's easy to set up, it's cheaper, etc...)... just currious..

TMAC
07-16-2014, 12:19 PM
I had heard TC car was one of his older cars ,out of his stable.